Options

How fucking sick are people

mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
edited August 2007 in A Moving Train
http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/08/22/iraq.boy/index.html

I came to tears when I saw the picture of the little boy. What kind of fucking savage would do this to an innocent child. Fucking animals.
"When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    that's so fucked up i don't know how to respond.....:( :mad:
  • Options
    gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    Words can't describe how sad this is...
  • Options
    spiral outspiral out Posts: 1,052
    Thats just sick.
    Keep on rockin in the free world!!!!

The economy has polarized to the point where the wealthiest 10% now own 85% of the nation’s wealth. Never before have the bottom 90% been so highly indebted, so dependent on the wealthy.
  • Options
    imspinninimspinnin Posts: 933
    that's the definition of evil
    If I could be anything in the world I would be your teardrop...I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.
  • Options
    sweetpotatosweetpotato Posts: 1,278
    i can't look. what happened?
    "Ladies and gentlemen, the President of the United States, Barack Obama."

"Obama's main opponent in this election on November 4th (was) not John McCain, it (was) ignorance."~Michael Moore

"i'm feeling kinda righteous right now. with my badass motherfuckin' ukulele!"
    ~ed, 8/7
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    i can't look. what happened?

masked men doused a 5 year old boy with gas and lit him on fire in iraq. heis alive but disfigured.

events like this are why i hold back judgement against the death penalty. i would personally pull the trigger and go out to dinner to celebrate if i could.
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    How could someone do that?? :( I seriously have tears streaming down my cheeks right now. Terrible. :(
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    This is what happens when the US goes in occupies a country for oil, make life less valuable, torture prisoners, kill innocent citizens and you get another dispicable crime like this. Sorry to say this but we the US has this on our hands as long as we are there causing havoc and turmoil.

There is no peace in Iraq.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    g under p wrote:

Nor will there ever be.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    I believe the article provided a decent answer

"In a war-ravaged city torn by sectarian violence and marked by acts of vengeance, this attack's apparent randomness stands out as an example of what life has become in a place where brutality -- even against young children -- is a constant."

There is no way to know what it is like to be a bat. Likewise, you cannot know what it is like to be a young man in Baghdad at this time. Just know that there is a cause for all of this, and it's closer to home than you might think.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    Since someone was wondering why they never see me here....
    If anyone would like a little more insight as to what goes through the minds of these young boys, I just read a book that helped me:
    A Long Way Gone:Memoirs of a boy soldier by Ishmael Reah
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    Ahnimus wrote:
    I believe the article provided a decent answer

"In a war-ravaged city torn by sectarian violence and marked by acts of vengeance, this attack's apparent randomness stands out as an example of what life has become in a place where brutality -- even against young children -- is a constant."

There is no way to know what it is like to be a bat. Likewise, you cannot know what it is like to be a young man in Baghdad at this time. Just know that there is a cause for all of this, and it's closer to home than you might think.

While I agree Ryan with what you've said here, but I don't think this kind of thing can only be explained because of war and sectarian violence. We had a young boy here, Jandamara O'Shane, who was also set alight in a random attack about 10 years ago.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,,20580551-3102,00.html
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    If anyone would like a little more insight as to what goes through the minds of these young boys, I just read a book that helped me:

I'm interested. Can you give a brief synopsis of the causes outlined in the book? I might pick it up.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    Jeanie wrote:
    While I agree Ryan with what you've said here, but I don't think this kind of thing can only be explained because of war and sectarian violence. We had a young boy here, Jandamara O'Shane, who was also set alight in a random attack about 10 years ago.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,,20580551-3102,00.html

Hmm, I didn't intend to mean that the sole cause was war and violence.

There are bound to be multiple causes, whatever the necessary cause is, I don't know, but war and sectarian violence certainly exacerbates the likelihood of this type of incident.
  • Options
    JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Hmm, I didn't intend to mean that the sole cause was war and violence.

There are bound to be multiple causes, whatever the necessary cause is, I don't know, but war and sectarian violence certainly exacerbates the likelihood of this type of incident.

True. I guess we're all still trying to work out WHY it happened here.
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    They planned on the kid dying most likely. This type of mind warfare is used as black ops to target and break people, they then approach and recruit them (the father, older brother) to do desperate acts in the name of terrorism against the "enemy". Sad but true. It keeps the war machine going.

There are some people in this world that see others as not even human beings...they see them as rats, insects, or vermin to be used and tossed aside like toilet paper.

Growing up in a grim war torn reality (poor access to water and nutrition etc..) then being brainwashed by a military (toss in some abuse) well...it does sick things to people minds. It all adds up to make horrible things like this happen.
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    g under p wrote:
    This is what happens when the US goes in occupies a country for oil, make life less valuable, torture prisoners, kill innocent citizens and you get another dispicable crime like this. Sorry to say this but we the US has this on our hands as long as we are there causing havoc and turmoil.

Peace

It takes a sick person to blame this on the US.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    It takes a sick person to blame this on the US.

As terrible as what has happened to that little boy worse has happened because of our occupation. Question: Do you think this would have happened to this little boy if we had not invaded this country of Iraq?

There's soldier's documentation of a killing of innocent Iraqi citizens and our soldiers playing soccer with those citizens decapitated head, just after the invasion in 2003. I maybe sick in your opinion but to me that's some really sick shit.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    AbuskedtiAbuskedti Posts: 1,917
    the longer we drive up and down their streets in tanks.. the more evil will grow. their families members are dead - their country is dead. they have no hope - no dignity - no direction - and no control

it will get worse.

We need to suck it up and give Iraq back to Iraq.
  • Options
    Dirtie_FrankDirtie_Frank Posts: 1,348
    g under p wrote:
    As terrible as what has happened to that little boy worse has happened because of our occupation. Question: Do you think this would have happened to this little boy if we had not invaded this country of Iraq?

There's soldier's documentation of a killing of innocent Iraqi citizens and our soldiers playing soccer with those citizens decapitated head, just after the invasion in 2003. I maybe sick in your opinion but to me that's some really sick shit.

Peace

When has there bene reports of US soldiers playing soccer with heads of Iraq citizens. I cannot and will not believe this. As a former soldier I know this would not happen. No Way dude
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    When has there bene reports of US soldiers playing soccer with heads of Iraq citizens. I cannot and will not believe this. As a former soldier I know this would not happen. No Way dude

Trust me it happened but it was over a year ago I posted it but I'm going to find it, I could never ever make this shit up not when it comes to war. By the way I was in the military also.

Peace

• Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    The story is so, so sad. The poor little boy AND his mother.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    g under p wrote:
    Trust me it happened but it was over a year ago I posted it but I'm going to find it, I could never ever make this shit up not when it comes to war. By the way I was in the military also.

Peace

Are you talking about the guy who deserted to Canada int the 124th
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    g under p wrote:

Peace

I remember reading about this as well.

here's a vid
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWGV8-uyAUk

Personally I think raping young girls then murdering the entire family is worse...
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    so because one guy that deserted the military said it its true. No fucking way. I bet the us soldiers cut off the guys head too.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    so because one guy that deserted the military said it its true. No fucking way. I bet the us soldiers cut off the guys head too.

How many do you need to satisfy you. Thanks Roland. I told my daughter about trying to find this and she told me, "Dad you have the book right over here." The book is called "Mission Rejected" by Peter Laufer, how she remembered I'll never know, she must really remember these protest marches we attend here in DC.

Anyway in the book you can read about many other war crimes and immoral acts by our American soldiers it happens. It just simply not reported, he would never have told that story if he was still in the military, they would have sent him of somewhere to keep it from you and I.

Here's more on the story Thursday, June 15th, 2006
    Mission Rejected: U.S. Soldiers Who Say No To Iraq

Peace

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    How many do you need to satisfy you. Thanks Roland. I told my daughter about trying to find this and she told me, "Dad you have the book right over here." The book is called "Mission Rejected" by Peter Laufer, how she remembered I'll never know, she must really remember these protest marches we attend here in DC.

Anyway in the book you can read about many other war crimes and immoral acts by our American soldiers it happens. It just simply not reported, he would never have told that story if he was still in the military, they would have sent him of somewhere to keep it from you and I.

Here's more on the story Thursday, June 15th, 2006
    Mission Rejected: U.S. Soldiers Who Say No To Iraq

Peace

The book gives more detail on exactly how those Iraqi citizen's were decapitated and as a soldier like you and I, you must know what a weapon like the M60 is capable of.

WAR is hell and shit happens when they come down that's why most Americans never ever want to know the immorality of it all. We desensitize it to all lengths.

Peace

• Options
    There aren't really any words I can use right now. Sweet jesus.. the inhumanity of it. The destruction of life and happiness. This boy's future and that of his family. I am constantly astounded by the lack of respect that people can have. Dumbfounded by the things done in the "name" of god or for peace. Sad.
  • Options
    hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I just finished that book and thought it was outstanding.

Ahnimus ... it's an autobiography by a man who was a child soldier in Sierra Leone, and the long rehabilitation after he was rescued from the fighting by UNICEF. He tells how it happens ... he lost his family, was running for his life with some other boys, trying to avoid being recruited as a soldier by either side. He finally had no choice other than to join, or he'd have certainly died. He talks about the gradual indoctrination, how drugs were freely available to dull their senses so they'd become fighting machines, the psychological process that takes over and eventually numbs the mind to the endless brutality.

It's a story of war, but I think you can learn a lot about what goes on in the mind of anyone who is horribly brutalized over a long period of time, as are many of the people in our own prisons.
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    hippiemom wrote:
    I just finished that book and thought it was outstanding.

Ahnimus ... it's an autobiography by a man who was a child soldier in Sierra Leone, and the long rehabilitation after he was rescued from the fighting by UNICEF. He tells how it happens ... he lost his family, was running for his life with some other boys, trying to avoid being recruited as a soldier by either side. He finally had no choice other than to join, or he'd have certainly died. He talks about the gradual indoctrination, how drugs were freely available to dull their senses so they'd become fighting machines, the psychological process that takes over and eventually numbs the mind to the endless brutality.

It's a story of war, but I think you can learn a lot about what goes on in the mind of anyone who is horribly brutalized over a long period of time, as are many of the people in our own prisons.
    I need to pick that up. The guy was on Stewart.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V