Prayers for my son Vedder!

Comments

• while their are many atheists on the board, i am not one of them and i say prayer and faith are very powerful tools.

i hope everything turns out well for your family!

God Bless!!
  • Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
    Sorry to hear that. He and your family are in my prayers.
  • scpjfanscpjfan Posts: 131
    My thoughts and prayers are with you. My daughter was born last week at just under 32 weeks.
    Hail, hail the lucky ones, I refer to those in love.
  • PearlJen401PearlJen401 Posts: 233
    I will keep Vedder and your family in my prayers.

Sending you good wishes.

I'm so sorry for what you are going thru.
    “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”
    — Lao Tzu
  • nadja_veddernadja_vedder Posts: 291
    I am sorry to hear that, I hope he gets better!!!
    p.s. great choice of names!!!
    "makes much more sense, to live in the present tense"
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,218
    I hope little Vedder is healthy and home with you very, very soon.

Stay strong!
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • GOSSArDgEEKGOSSArDgEEK Posts: 245
    I know it's tough now, but all of you will pull through.
    Here’s a question you might need to ask
    What’s self destruction and how can we last?

"I cannot stop the thought of running in the dark.
    Coming up a which way sign. All good truants must decide."

McCain, America's scariest grandpa!
  • don smithdon smith Posts: 833
    your family will be in my prayers
    06/12/03,06/13/03
    10-05-04 09-09-05
    05-16-06-5-17-06-5-19-06,06-26-06-06-27-06 05-03-10 09-04-11
    07/19/13 11-15-13
  • JanieceJaniece Posts: 7
    I just said a prayer for you. I hope for the best for you and your family.
    God Bless
  • angelm20angelm20 Posts: 142
    My heart and prayers are with you and your family ~ all the positive energy I can send your way is on the way~ breath deep ~ ~~
    Everything is going to be alright!~I can feel it.
    Congratulations on your twins! Mine just turned 26! Time flies~ and this too will pass~ you will look back with a smile knowing that anyone named Vedder is going to have to be a rebel of sorts and give ya a lil heart attach now and then. By the way~ what great names you have chosen!! Very very cool. No one that cool can have anything bad happen ~ ride it out as Keiran posted~ let it wash right over and through you~ in the meantime~ All my love to your family~peace
  • eeedmdeeedmd Posts: 40
    My wife and I thank you deeply for the generous words of encouragement. Vedder is now off the ventilator and is about 3/4 of his way thru 2 weeks of no food by mouth. Vedder is a real fighter, and thus far he has not needed emergency surgery. The plan is to feed him very small amounts and observe his intestines for any necrotic sections. If these sections are present they will need surgical resection. Please continue the prayer chain.

Regards,
    eeedmd
    EEEDMD
  • memememe Posts: 4,693
    eeedmd wrote:
    My wife and I thank you deeply for the generous words of encouragement. Vedder is now off the ventilator and is about 3/4 of his way thru 2 weeks of no food by mouth. Vedder is a real fighter, and thus far he has not needed emergency surgery. The plan is to feed him very small amounts and observe his intestines for any necrotic sections. If these sections are present they will need surgical resection. Please continue the prayer chain.

Regards,
    eeedmd

Well, this sounds like good news! Keep taking care of yourself, your wife and your other child, too. Vedder is lucky to have all of you (and us) close :)
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Inhiding230Inhiding230 Posts: 362
    Congratulations and OMG what great names - they are indeed sure to be rock stars with those names !!

Just remember that babies are way more resiliant than we could ever think. They are capable of getting through amazing battles and coming out strong so you just have to be strong for him and stay positive :)

My best friend has a niece, Stella, who was diagnosed with spinal muscular atrophy at 3 weeks of age. The doctors said she probably wouldn't make it more than 6-9 months. She is almost 2 now, and even though she cannot move most of the muscles in her body, she is still growing and thriving and always with a big smile on her face - no matter what kind of devices they have hooked up to her.

Be strong and just remember you have the best support group ever here :)
  • My grandson was born with a severe lung problem. When I first went to see him in newborn ICU, he had tubes and hoses coming out of what seemed like every inch of his tiny body. That was shocking, to say the least. He was that way for over a month and it was horrible. Today, he is 3 years old and other than using some inhalers and meds, he is a strong, healthy kid that I adore and him and play with him all the time.
    Vedder will be in mine and my wifes thoughts and prayers. Stay strong and stay positive. He will get better.
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    hearts & thoughts to you and your family...and wishing your son a speedy recovery and great health!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• InMyTree4InMyTree4 Posts: 1,239
    this will probably not help you at all but im a twin and i was born wayyyy early and my sister and i were way to small etc. my twin sister had to stay in the hospital for 2 weeks longer because she was basically just to small and was not strong enough but everything turned out well. my prayers are with you
    PJ:7/2/03.9/28/04.5/25/06.8/5/07.6/14/08.6/27/08.6/28/08.6/30/08.
    10/30/09.10/31/09.5/17/10.9/7/11
    EV:boston 1+2.albnay 1.boston 2010
  • violetpsychevioletpsyche Posts: 122
    I sincerely hope that all goes well for your new family. Congratulations for getting this far, I'm sure your babies will grow up healthy and happy with such caring parents.
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    will keep you in my thoughts. good luck.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • rowdypjfanrowdypjfan Posts: 27
    hope for the best for everyone and time like theses can strenghten the love between you and your wife making you have a deeper love for each other keep pj music in the car and stay strong
    06-03-03 irvine

4-10-08 santa barbara
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    i pray & hope the best for you & your family!
    get well little vedder!
  • thecorythecory Posts: 290
    my little cousin hope was 24 weeks and had to stay in the hospital almost 5 months. she is 3 now and doing great. my gf is also a neonatal nurse. the happy endings in these situations always come after scary setbacks and hiccups. i'll pray for your son. good luck and be strong for him.
  • Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    keep up the good fight little vedder
    hope youre well
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    ~~ positive vibes going out to little Vedder and your family ~~
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • CupofjoeCupofjoe Posts: 557
    I just put it out there to the universe! All the best to you and your family!
  • Tuolumne MamaTuolumne Mama Posts: 1,210
    My best wishes and prayers for your little guy and new family. Please keep us posted.
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• cindyp41cindyp41 Posts: 65
    I'll include cute baby Vedder in my prayers!!!!!!!!!! Take care! :)
    "Everytime I hear that melody, something breaks inside" -- T.W.
  • eeedmdeeedmd Posts: 40
    Vedder has begun feeding again (1 teaspoon) every 6 hours. Not much but you have to start somewhere. If tolerated the amount will be increased daily.

The hospital has a great music therapy program. We made him a compilation of PJ ballads, and most of the into the wild LP that plays quietly on repeat in the NICU.

My wife and I appreciate all of the well wishes and prayers. I have found it very therapeutic to vent in the message pit.

Keep Vedder & Winter on your wishlist a little longer.
    EEEDMD
  • I haven't posted to this thread yet, but I wanted you to know I have been thinking about Vedder today, and I am grateful for the update. I hope he continues to improve, and I am glad you are able to contribute to his music therapy :) Much strength to you all...
  • dawngdawng Posts: 644
    I'm glad to hear things are going better with Vedder, will keep you all in my thoughts. And how wonderful that the NICU allows music! So many of the songs on the Into the Wild CD would be perfect.
    Check out my Sudsy Chick Etsy Store for all natural homemade bath products!
  • angelm20angelm20 Posts: 142
    eeedmd wrote:
    Vedder has begun feeding again (1 teaspoon) every 6 hours. Not much but you have to start somewhere. If tolerated the amount will be increased daily.

The hospital has a great music therapy program. We made him a compilation of PJ ballads, and most of the into the wild LP that plays quietly on repeat in the NICU.

My wife and I appreciate all of the well wishes and prayers. I have found it very therapeutic to vent in the message pit.

Keep Vedder & Winter on your wishlist a little longer.

Thanks for the updates! You made my day! Everyday I send you my Love and "prayers"...and will continue to do so....peace