were the Japanese worse than the Nazis?

13»

Comments

• that main difference comes because of the lack of "war films" and books about the japanese attrocities by the chinese, phillipinos and all others at the receiving end of the japs.

The Japanese refuse to report accurately in their school-based texts what they actually did in WW2, such as the shocking things done to those unlucky enough to be made to work on the Burma railway. Here in Australia we allow the Turks to march alongside us on ANZAC day. There are some that would support German descendants marching with their now fellow Australians. But it will be a cold day in hell before the Japanese are invited to march on this day.
    The wind is blowing cold
    Have we lost our way tonight?
    Have we lost our hope to sorrow?

Feels like were all alone
    Running further from what’s right
    And there are no more heroes to follow

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
  • Im off

P.S.
    Ricky Ponting shits all over Sachin Tendulkar
    Come talk to me when India win a World Cup
    ha ha ha ha

ha ha although to be fair Sachin is a much better player than Ponting.....
    The wind is blowing cold

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    The Japanese refuse to report accurately in their school-based texts what they actually did in WW2, such as the shocking things done to those unlucky enough to be made to work on the Burma railway. Here in Australia we allow the Turks to march alongside us on ANZAC day. There are some that would support German descendants marching with their now fellow Australians. But it will be a cold day in hell before the Japanese are invited to march on this day.

And so the cycle of prejudice continues...
  • ha ha although to be fair Sachin is a much better player than Ponting.....

not of the last 5 years...
    ponting has shown he is the best batsman in the world
    if you were to compare averages for the last 5-6 years, Ponting would have a a nice little advantage over the Indian master
    Wave came crashing...
  • Byrnzie wrote:
    And so the cycle of prejudice continues...

I have nothing against the average Japanese but why should Australia change its stance on this issue? Their Prime Minister still pisses the Chinese off......regarding the cricket Ponting has being better of late. Although Bradman compared Tendulker to himself and said he was the best batsmen in the world ahead of Brian Lara.
    The wind is blowing cold

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
  • IndianSummerIndianSummer Posts: 854
    Indian summer...you are a very biased Hindu...maybe take an objective stance once in a while instead of cuttting down other peoples opinions...just because u are indian does not make you right.

i am not. i just know where the mughals came from and what they did. proven by our records, their court chronicler's records, and third party sources like Tiffenthaler, who visited india during the muslim era in indian history.

you meanwhile are the aussie equivalent of a redneck, with a grasp of history to match.
    I have faced it, A life wasted...

Take my hand, my child of love
    Come step inside my tears
    Swim the magic ocean,
    I've been crying all these years
    by my reading akbar employed hindus under him and even married a hindu princess....yeah some say he did it so he could prosper a lot more, but most argue, and i also argue, that akbar wanted muslims and hindus to live in peace together

that sure was the impression he wanted to give - while ensuring hindu india continued to remain in muslim grasp. just like the whites in south africa (for example) wanted the whites and blacks to live in peace together, while taking otmost care to ensure that the reins of the country stayed in colonial white hands.

Swim the magic ocean,
    i know that...im not argueing against that
    read my posts
    im argueing that the break up of the mughal empire made it easier for the british to colonise!
    The break up wasnt caused by a lack of wealth beacues they were wealthy, it was caused by trouble amongst the peoples attitudes

yeah, just like colonialisation came crashing down because of fighting between existing (allies minus usa, ussr) and would-be colonials (axis), similarly the british came and found in india, many kings mostly muslim and a few hindu (like the marathas) fighting amongst each other.

Swim the magic ocean,
    so what??????
    whats your point
    that india was one the most wealthy nations before the poms came.

when i said that for the first time and alluded to the HIER paper, you pointed out that the research paper must be biased.

Swim the magic ocean,
    Im off

P.S.
    Ricky Ponting shits all over Sachin Tendulkar
    Come talk to me when India win a World Cup
    ha ha ha ha
    a fantastic argument from our resident "aussie-neck".

Swim the magic ocean,
    not of the last 5 years...
    ponting has shown he is the best batsman in the world
    if you were to compare averages for the last 5-6 years, Ponting would have a a nice little advantage over the Indian master

yeah what better way to measure the class and calibre of batsmen than their "averages" and "aggregate" runs.

the way allan border is one of the greatest batsmen in the world cos he had 10,000 runs and the way germany is a more talented footballing nation than argentina cos they have won 3 world cups to argentina's 2.

Swim the magic ocean,
  • yeah what better way to measure the class and calibre of batsmen than their "averages" and "aggregate" runs.

the way allan border is one of the greatest batsmen in the world cos he had 10,000 runs and the way germany is a more talented footballing nation than argentina cos they have won 3 world cups to argentina's 2.

how else do u compare?

if you want to compare batsmen technically the little master never moves his back foot across to the line of the ball...his front foot rarely gets to the line of the ball also when driving

Ricky Ponting's backlift is too high, and he pushes at the ball too hard early on in his innings.
    Wave came crashing...
  • indian summer....you obviously still have a chip on your shoulder simply because of the poor state your country is in right now....and dont give me any garbage about how indias economy is booming, with a population size it has got so it should be booming....dont take out your frustrations on a redneck aussie like me, just because india sux at cricket
    Wave came crashing...
  • A billion odd cricket tragics....just a matter of time until they take over Australia's mantle. Lucky most of them are quite small so they don't produce many good fast bowlers.
    The wind is blowing cold

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
    indian summer....you obviously still have a chip on your shoulder simply because of the poor state your country is in right now....and dont give me any garbage about how indias economy is booming, with a population size it has got so it should be booming....dont take out your frustrations on a redneck aussie like me, just because india sux at cricket
    its not in a poor state. and even if it is, thats artifiacially engineered by colonialism. we are amongst the countries that have recovered best from colonialism and will have an economy the size of usa in 30 years. we will also acquire half the companies of the world, ala the way mittal steel bought up arcelor.

i still maintain - germanics, romance, arab-turk and mongolians (mongolia and japan) have caused the lions's share of deliberate mass killing in the world. history says so.

so read up history, dont send me unsolicited impolite mails like an aussie redneck, and dont whine if the reply i gave to you has firmly put you in your place and your ass back where it belongs - downunder, in your ass.

Swim the magic ocean,
  • its not in a poor state. and even if it is, thats artifiacially engineered by colonialism. we are amongst the countries that have recovered best from colonialism and will have an economy the size of usa in 30 years. we will also acquire half the companies of the world, ala the way mittal steel bought up arcelor.

i still maintain - germanics, romance, arab-turk and mongolians (mongolia and japan) have caused the lions's share of deliberate mass killing in the world. history says so.

so read up history, dont send me unsolicited impolite mails like an aussie redneck, and dont whine if the reply i gave to you has firmly put you in your place and your ass back where it belongs - downunder, in your ass.

your reply made me chuckle actually...goes to show how much of an idiot you are...you poor little hindu

later
    Wave came crashing...
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    that is indeed disturbing. :o i have heard/read some, but not much...saying we really don't know it all...which is unsurprising really...but man, beyond tragic/sad...what we as humans are evidently capable of at times.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• boxwine_in_hellboxwine_in_hell Posts: 1,263
    The Nazis and the Japanese are kind of Co-MVP for brutally killing people.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-