UH OH!!!! N. Korea Launches Missile Into Sea of Japan

binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
edited July 2006 in A Moving Train
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
    If the US would stop building bases and stepping up forces in the area I'm sure N. Korea would have no reason to feel threatened...its not like the world is in danger of being taken over by North Korea. They can't even feed their own people.
  • binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
    Commy wrote:
    If the US would stop building bases and stepping up forces in the area I'm sure N. Korea would have no reason to feel threatened...its not like the world is in danger of being taken over by North Korea. They can't even feed their own people.

hahahahha. you nut jobs kill me!!! thanks for the laugh.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
    hahahahha. you nut jobs kill me!!! thanks for the laugh.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Nut job, good one...so are you saying the US doesn't have forces in the region and hasn't been arming South Korea and hasn't attacked North Korea in the past? Are you saying the millions of Koreans killed in the 60's by US forces give North Korea no cause for concern?
  • binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
    Commy wrote:
    Nut job, good one...so are you saying the US doesn't have forces in the region and hasn't been arming South Korea and hasn't attacked North Korea in the past? Are you saying the millions of Koreans killed in the 60's by US forces give North Korea no cause for concern?

Just sayin I expected NOTHING less from ya:) You loathe this country so much.

have a great INDEPENDENCE day:)
    Just sayin I expected NOTHING less from ya:) have a great INDEPENDENCE day:)

You too man...:)

I'll be...working. Should be a balst.
  • Just sayin I expected NOTHING less from ya:) You loathe this country so much.

have a great INDEPENDENCE day:)

Thanks for engaging in actual discussion. It's always such a pleasure. :rolleyes:
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • It was great living in the northwest years ago, when we got the PJ shows. Now we get very little PJ action, and missiles that can reach our coast. Tough times...
  • PJfanFORlifePJfanFORlife Posts: 138
    Commy wrote:
    well you know we have to spread facism...i mean democracy. i just don't understand why other countries don't appreciate what we do for them :rolleyes:

if we go to war with korea, more soldiers die, more families devastated. today is a sad world
    Guess I'll trn on music instead...

ccfa.org

http://organicconsumers.com/
  • i mean can you really blame north korea for bulking up their shit. i hear on cnn that during the clinton administration 0 new bombs were built in north korea. bush takes over, invades a country because we don't like them...if you were one of the countries the usa hated, wouldn't you feel in danger?

im not saying i support or condone this act, but i can see why he would keep developing these things...under bush's watch they've built 10-15 new bombs
  • I can only imagine how terrified South Korea is right now...
  • therovertherover Posts: 88
    i mean can you really blame north korea for bulking up their shit. i hear on cnn that during the clinton administration 0 new bombs were built in north korea. bush takes over, invades a country because we don't like them...if you were one of the countries the usa hated, wouldn't you feel in danger?

im not saying i support or condone this act, but i can see why he would keep developing these things...under bush's watch they've built 10-15 new bombs

Um, while Clinton was in office they built and TESTED their first nuclear weapon. He allowed it to start.
  • therover wrote:
    Um, while Clinton was in office they built and TESTED their first nuclear weapon. He allowed it to start.

"A document leaked in March 2001 showed that the U.S. Government was willing to use nuclear weapons against North Korea. North Korea argues that its nuclear weapons program is no more than a valuable deterrent against aggression by the U.S."

"North Korea withdrew from the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty in 2003."

Ahhhh... the Bush years.
  • "On October 12, 1994, the United States and North Korea signed the "Agreed Framework": North Korea agreed to freeze its plutonium production program in exchange for fuel oil, economic cooperation, and the construction of two modern light-water nuclear power plants. Eventually, North Korea's existing nuclear facilities were to be dismantled, and the spent reactor fuel taken out of the country. All of the operative provisions of the accord relate to freezing the North's plutonium program and make no reference to uranium enrichment. Pyongyang scrupulously observed these provisions until the Bush administration stopped the oil shipments in December 2002."
    -wikipedia

Surprise surprise, G.W. wanted to keep the oil.
    "A document leaked in March 2001 showed that the U.S. Government was willing to use nuclear weapons against North Korea. North Korea argues that its nuclear weapons program is no more than a valuable deterrent against aggression by the U.S."

"North Korea withdrew from the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty in 2003."

Ahhhh... the Bush years.

I wonder why?

Because they already had them.

Clinton may have been a good domestic president, but his foreign programs haven't faired too well either. Remember that there were terrorists attacks while he was president (Cole, African embassys). We had our chance to get Bin Laden during his time. He's answer was to launch a few crusie missles and blow up what turned out to be a medicne factory.
  • therover wrote:
    I wonder why?

Clinton may have been a good domestic president, but his foreign programs haven't faired too well either. Remember that there were terrorists attacks while he was president (Cole, African embassys). We had our chance to get Bin Laden during his time. He's answer was to launch a few crusie missles and blow up what turned out to be a medicne factory.

first of all, i think the last defense of bush you want to use is that somone else killed innocent civilians.

secondly, i misspoke, i should have said after the "agreed framework" there were no new bombs built, until the bushies dropped the ball and didn't keep that program intact. my mistake.
  • therover wrote:
    I wonder why?

I guess you think Bin Laden is easy to get... maybe you can tell YOUR president how to do it then. He's killing far more people then Clinton.
    first of all, i think the last defense of bush you want to use is that somone else killed innocent civilians.

secondly, i misspoke, i should have said after the "agreed framework" there were no new bombs built, until the bushies dropped the ball and didn't keep that program intact. my mistake.

I'm not defending Bush really, I'm just saying Clinton didn't do a bang up job either.
    I guess you think Bin Laden is easy to get... maybe you can tell YOUR president how to do it then. He's killing far more people then Clinton.

DAMN!?! When did he become my president? YOU people are touchy.

If the Clinton admin. had keep better tabs on the guy, we might of had him then or by now.
  • therover wrote:
    DAMN!?! When did he become my president? YOU people are touchy.

If the Clinton admin. had keep better tabs on the guy, we might of had him then or by now.

Sorry, I just can't him. Let my emotions get the best of me!
  • rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    Commy wrote:

Kim feels threatened by damn near anything, because isolation breeds paranoia. Sorry, but blaming the U.S. for this one just isn't that convincing.
  • PaperPlatesPaperPlates Posts: 1,745
    Kim feels threatened by damn near anything, because isolation breeds paranoia. Sorry, but blaming the U.S. for this one just isn't that convincing.

what do you expect from a guy named Kim. ;)
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
    what do you expect from a guy named Kim. ;)

Good point ... Of course, Kim Mitchell isn't this nutty, he just writes really bad songs. He must have found a better way to cope ...
    :)
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Commy wrote:

exactly...
    my2hands wrote:
    exactly...

Yes, exactly. All the ills of the world should fall directly upon American shoulders! Game, set .... MATCH!

Alright, now I am just being goofy. But seriously. Should anyone who isn't an American in the world be held responsible for their actions, or is the entire world just a cult of victims? All kinds of other countries in the world manage to feed their people instead of building missiles, despite being dire enemies to the U.S. government.
    Iran ... Algeria ... Libya (once upon a time) ...
    Yes, exactly. All the ills of the world should fall directly upon American shoulders! Game, set .... MATCH!

Alright, now I am just being goofy. But seriously. Should anyone who isn't an American in the world be held responsible for their actions, or is the entire world just a cult of victims? All kinds of other countries in the world manage to feed their people instead of building missiles, despite being dire enemies to the U.S. government.

your 3 examples are worth a pile of shit... iran has a natural resource (oil)

and i do believe iran is developing (or so i am told) nuclear weapons, and libya was doing the same until recently...

algeria? not worth typing :)
    just more proof that the average american citizen is scared, paranoid, and full of fear... AKA easy to manipulate

anyone that thinks north korea is a threat to the USA is a flat out fucking fool

period

So who holds these people responsible for their actions? The United States? Its should be fairly obvious by now that the US doesn't have the moral ground to stand on when deciding the course for other nations.

Yeah, North Korea is spending more on weapons than food (so is the US), yeah they have a pretty repressive gov't that allows no dissent (same with dozens of US puppets), yeah, not hte greatest example of how to govern a piece of land. But we have no place in that decision..that's up to the people of the area.
    South Korea has the United States supplying it with some of the most advanced weapons in the world...and they have over 500,000 troops on standby, stationed on the border basically. Then the US has troops in the region, could get there at any second.

It should be obvious who the intigator is here..
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Commy wrote:
    So who holds these people responsible for their actions? The United States? Its should be fairly obvious by now that the US doesn't have the moral ground to stand on when deciding the course for other nations.

Yeah, North Korea is spending more on weapons than food (so is the US), yeah they have a pretty repressive gov't that allows no dissent (same with dozens of US puppets), yeah, not hte greatest example of how to govern a piece of land. But we have no place in that decision..that's up to the people of the area.
    South Korea has the United States supplying it with some of the most advanced weapons in the world...and they have over 500,000 troops on standby, stationed on the border basically. Then the US has troops in the region, could get there at any second.

It should be obvious who the intigator is here..

what? instigator? I'm not sure I follow no one wants to invade North Korea, they want to keep him out of South Korea. What could the US possibly want from North Korea? North Korea is one of the most insignificant worthless countries in the entire world. Thier claim to fame is having a little asshole in power that desperately, desperately desires attention. That's what this is about. A military state, pouring what little they actually do have into the 1.08 million armed troops. KJI really wants all of Korea, so he'll force his country to eat bark while he pours money into a hopeless missile program to try and give his regime some kind of credibility all the while ruining the quality of life for every citizen of his country.

This whole shit is about KJI trying to blackmail the US into giving him money to disarm a pathetically inadequate nuclear missile program. Basically, he wants money and recognition and power, will he spend it trying to help his country and the people? NO. Hell no, he'll go to china with that dough and try to buy a better missile program. So he can do exactly the same thing again and again and again. He's basically John Gotti, only he's selling protection from a gun that shoots paper balls.

So say he does take over South Korea does it stop then? Nope, South Korea just becomes as shitty as North Korea.....Rinse Lather Repeat.

The best thing we can do is send a few tactical air strikes in to completely demolish thier missile silos, and then keep ignoring North Korea. I feel bad for the people, but untill KJI dies and or the regime is done, life really isn't going to get better for them.

It's extortion, it's just on a really really large scale.

well I think Japan has requested an immediate meeting of the UN security council I guess that's who is supposed to help prevent this type of thing.

I agree with you that no country in the world is beyond any moral reproach especially the US, but the US might be the only one with the means to stop this type of thing.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    what? instigator? What do you mean what could the US possibly want from North Korea? North Korea is one of the most insignificant worthless countries in the entire world. Thier claim to fame is having a little asshole in power that desperately, desperately desires attention. That's what this is about. A military state, pouring what little they actually do have into the 1.08 million armed troops. KJI really wants all of Korea, so he'll force his country to eat bark while he pours money into a hopeless missile program to try and give his regime some kind of credibility all the while ruining the quality of life for every citizen of his country.

An idea...

The US did attack North Korea in the past...is arming its neighbor...and so on. NOrth Korea isn't threatening the United States...I really don't see why anyone is worked up abou this.

But as to why the U Swould take interest in North Korea-indochina is on the list of geographical areas to be sucked into US hegemony...their isn't a place inteh world exempt from that plan...N. Korea happens to be a nuclear power-not cooprerating with thte US but not fucking with them either...againt eh US is playing hte bully, do what I say typoe of situation.

And we need to realize that North Korea has every reason to be paranoid of an attack-it's happened before.
  • NCfanNCfan Posts: 945
    Commy wrote:

It's not the people who feel threatened... it's one of the most vile and illegitimate regimes on the planet that feel threateded & they should.

Their days are numbered.