UH OH!!!! N. Korea Launches Missile Into Sea of Japan

2»

Comments

• NCfanNCfan Posts: 945
    Commy wrote:
    Nut job, good one...so are you saying the US doesn't have forces in the region and hasn't been arming South Korea and hasn't attacked North Korea in the past? Are you saying the millions of Koreans killed in the 60's by US forces give North Korea no cause for concern?

Wow, those statments seem to be made with a total lack of knowledge... as if you live in a bubble.

Do you think Kim Jogn Il is a legitimate leader and his government should not only be recognized, but also encouraged and helped?
  • mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
    NCfan wrote:
    Wow, those statments seem to be made with a total lack of knowledge... as if you live in a bubble.

Do you think Kim Jogn Il is a legitimate leader and his government should not only be recognized, but also encouraged and helped?

I'm not defending Kim Jong Il in anyway, but why is he not a legitimate leader and why should the government not be recognized. There are other governments out there who are equally as brutal that we not only recognize but do business with.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • NCfanNCfan Posts: 945
    mammasan wrote:
    I'm not defending Kim Jong Il in anyway, but why is he not a legitimate leader and why should the government not be recognized. There are other governments out there who are equally as brutal that we not only recognize but do business with.

I'm not aware of any country that is remotely on the level of North Korea that the U.S. does business with.

There are many, many good docementaries about N. Korea, KJI and his father that would probably be very enlightening for you to see. I'm just throwing that out there, becuase you appear to think that KJI is a legitimate leader.

He is easily in the top five of the worst human beings alive on the planet if you ask me.
    NCfan wrote:
    I'm not aware of any country that is remotely on the level of North Korea that the U.S. does business with.

There are many, many good docementaries about N. Korea, KJI and his father that would probably be very enlightening for you to see. I'm just throwing that out there, becuase you appear to think that KJI is a legitimate leader.

He is easily in the top five of the worst human beings alive on the planet if you ask me.

I know what there is to know about Kim Jong Il and his father, thanks though. I would have to say what China has done to Tibet can rank up there with North Korea yet they are given prefered nation status. What about our support of Suharto it wasn't untill 1998 that we finally ended our relationship with him. I'm not going to list all our past dealings but it seems we turn a blind eye when it is convenient for us. Like I said I'm not defending Kim Jong Il nor am I do I think the man belongs in power I'm just a little tired of the double standard is all.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
    NCfan wrote:

I think threats and war have never solved anything...yet the US continues to use these as legitimate ways to force sovereign nations to do their bidding.

He simply made a calim that he'd defend his country if attacked..and now has shown that he can. That's the reality of the situation. And all I've claimed.
  • Drew263Drew263 Birmingham, AL Posts: 602
    Commy wrote:
    An idea...

The US did attack North Korea in the past...is arming its neighbor...and so on. NOrth Korea isn't threatening the United States...I really don't see why anyone is worked up abou this.

But as to why the U Swould take interest in North Korea-indochina is on the list of geographical areas to be sucked into US hegemony...their isn't a place inteh world exempt from that plan...N. Korea happens to be a nuclear power-not cooprerating with thte US but not fucking with them either...againt eh US is playing hte bully, do what I say typoe of situation.

And we need to realize that North Korea has every reason to be paranoid of an attack-it's happened before.

Paranoid about a US attack? If you can't see that this is about getting the US to write ANOTHER check to them in an "agreement", you are the blind one. This is nothing more than an attempt to get some cash....and why shouldn't they? We've paid them off in the past. Look how well that turned out, thanks Bill. And no, they're not a threat to us, which is exactly why we should ignore them and not give them a damn thing.

It is nothing more than "waaaaa look at us...look at us". Fuck 'em.
  • Drew263Drew263 Birmingham, AL Posts: 602
    mammasan wrote:
    I know what there is to know about Kim Jong Il and his father, thanks though. I would have to say what China has done to Tibet can rank up there with North Korea yet they are given prefered nation status. What about our support of Suharto it wasn't untill 1998 that we finally ended our relationship with him. I'm not going to list all our past dealings but it seems we turn a blind eye when it is convenient for us. Like I said I'm not defending Kim Jong Il nor am I do I think the man belongs in power I'm just a little tired of the double standard is all.

You make a good point, if there is something for us to gain (oil, goods), we'll support them..if not, they're on the axis of evil list.
  • audome25audome25 Posts: 163
    is this the same north korea that invaded south korea? no, no reason for them to be on the offensive I guess. Surely they wouldn't do it again.
    audome25 wrote:
    is this the same north korea that invaded south korea? no, no reason for them to be on the offensive I guess. Surely they wouldn't do it again.

Not unless they wanted to be blown off the map. kim Jong Il maybe an evil bastard but he's not stupid. He knows that any hostility toward South Korea would be his biggest and last mistake.
    audome25 wrote:

Back in the cold war era it was more about a war between the US and the Soviet Union.

Now that the Soviet Union is gone North Korea is on their own..but South Korea still has their superpower backing them.
    Drew263 wrote:
    Paranoid about a US attack? If you can't see that this is about getting the US to write ANOTHER check to them in an "agreement", you are the blind one. This is nothing more than an attempt to get some cash....and why shouldn't they? We've paid them off in the past. Look how well that turned out, thanks Bill. And no, they're not a threat to us, which is exactly why we should ignore them and not give them a damn thing.

It is nothing more than "waaaaa look at us...look at us". Fuck 'em.

The US has demanded that North Korea make no more missile tests-the US has been ordering North Korea around for a while now...and spewed as much rhetoric as Kim has...this little missile test is jsut showing everybody that if they are attacked they can defend themselves.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Commy wrote:
    An idea...

The US did attack North Korea in the past...is arming its neighbor...and so on. NOrth Korea isn't threatening the United States...I really don't see why anyone is worked up abou this.

But as to why the U Swould take interest in North Korea-indochina is on the list of geographical areas to be sucked into US hegemony...their isn't a place inteh world exempt from that plan...N. Korea happens to be a nuclear power-not cooprerating with thte US but not fucking with them either...againt eh US is playing hte bully, do what I say typoe of situation.

And we need to realize that North Korea has every reason to be paranoid of an attack-it's happened before.

I guess I can see where you are coming from. 1945 to 1990ish and well hell so forth has been a really bad period for politics all around though in general.

It's basically a giant pissing match.

But this missle thing in itself is simple extortion. Neither the US nor South Korea has anything to gain from invading North Korea infact it would piss China off, and that's a big no no trade wise.

1.08 million troops vs 500,000 and a few thousand Americans is still a titanic mismatch. Especially in a world where politicians fight dainty wars. It would go over very similarly to Vietnam. The missles aren't all that threatening, KJI just want's to let the world know he's got a few cards to play and not to forget about him.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    Bush.. Clinton... blame Bush... no, blame Clinton...
    Anyone ever think it is a continual foriegn policy dictated by economic growth that might be a factor in all of this?
    And seriously... stop and think about it... they're North Korea. The same crappy North Korea that has been crappy since forever. Their press says that Kim Jong Il has made 20someThing Holes-In-One in a row and is the greatest golfer, ever. And ever seen their parade of weapons? Look at the vehicles... the 1940s vintage trucks and cars pulling the shit. They suck and their shit sucks. No wonder that piece of shit missile blew up... and aren't they supposed to be the ones who invented rockets?
    It's more of the same old Fear Tactics that this administration uses to justify their bullshit. And the same goes for crappy, backwards ass Iran... the same fucking Iran that put swords in the hands of kids and told them to charge into Iraqi machine gun nests in 1987. Backwards ass, isolated countries with loudmouth looney dictators in charge. If you're afraid of them... you are a pussy.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
    Cosmo wrote:
    Bush.. Clinton... blame Bush... no, blame Clinton...
    Anyone ever think it is a continual foriegn policy dictated by economic growth that might be a factor in all of this?
    And seriously... stop and think about it... they're North Korea. The same crappy North Korea that has been crappy since forever. Their press says that Kim Jong Il has made 20someThing Holes-In-One in a row and is the greatest golfer, ever. And ever seen their parade of weapons? Look at the vehicles... the 1940s vintage trucks and cars pulling the shit. They suck and their shit sucks. No wonder that piece of shit missile blew up... and aren't they supposed to be the ones who invented rockets?
    It's more of the same old Fear Tactics that this administration uses to justify their bullshit. And the same goes for crappy, backwards ass Iran... the same fucking Iran that put swords in the hands of kids and told them to charge into Iraqi machine gun nests in 1987. Backwards ass, isolated countries with loudmouth looney dictators in charge. If you're afraid of them... you are a pussy.

Good point about foreign policy not changing....that's been the case for over 50 years now...could it be the president isn't making the decisions?
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    Commy wrote:
    Good point about foreign policy not changing....that's been the case for over 50 years now...could it be the president isn't making the decisions?
    Bush is about in charge of the U.S. as the Queen is in charge of England.
    The 'deciders' are Cheney, Rove and... to a lesser degree... Rumsfeld. But, who in their right mind would have ever voted for Montgomery Burns Cheney or those other old, scary looking mother fuckers? Bush seemed like a regular guy... a stupid, beer drinking NASCAR guy. The same type of guy that his voters thought was just like themselves.
    Then, there are those people who believe that Adam and Eve rode domesticated Tyrannosarus Rexi to drop off young Cain and Abel at school. They will never believe anything other than the War is good because the Iraqi battle plan was drafted by Jesus, himself.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
    Cosmo wrote:
    Bush is about in charge of the U.S. as the Queen is in charge of England.
    The 'deciders' are Cheney, Rove and... to a lesser degree... Rumsfeld. But, who in their right mind would have ever voted for Montgomery Burns Cheney or those other old, scary looking mother fuckers? Bush seemed like a regular guy... a stupid, beer drinking NASCAR guy. The same type of guy that his voters thought was just like themselves.
    Then, there are those people who believe that Adam and Eve rode domesticated Tyrannosarus Rexi to drop off young Cain and Abel at school. They will never believe anything other than the War is good because the Iraqi battle plan was drafted by Jesus, himself.

nice..

and even if you go back a few administrations....Carter is now a human rights champion, apparently, and i assume he had the same ideas during his presidency...but some of the most brutal human rights violations came during his tenure...down in central america...and Reagan sure as fuck had no idea what was going on..tried to build a death star or some shit, he had no idea what his people were up too....Bush I was probably aware of what was going on, just didn't give a shit...Clinton was the same. And now we got a guy taking orders from God , can't even speak in complete sentences. All the while the corporate whores are draining the treasury. Nice little system they got going.