Gossard and Epstein - HDSA auction!

2»

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,646
    Who won the grand prize?
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,215
    JD Sal wrote:
    What's the deal, there can only be 1 concert held at Fenway Park each year?
    2 concerts, 1 act for 2 nights. (Starting in 2003 the acts have been Springsteen, Jimmy Buffet, The $tone$, Dave Matthews Band and The Police)
    That is all the city will allow, and the Sox probably wouldn't want the field used any more for a big stage set up anyway.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Found this on Boston.com:

"Theo, pal raise $8,000
    Want to hang out with Theo Epstein and Stone Gossard? Too late. WEEI auctioned the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity yesterday for $8,000 as a fund-raiser for the Huntington's Disease Society of America. The winner will be wined and dined by the Sox GM and his Pearl Jam pal, and then watch a game from a Sox suite."
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,646
    $8000. Sweet! :)
  • JwmccJwmcc Posts: 451
    Release Me wrote:
    "Theo, pal raise $8,000
    Want to hang out with Theo Epstein and Stone Gossard? Too late. WEEI auctioned the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity yesterday for $8,000 as a fund-raiser for the Huntington's Disease Society of America. The winner will be wined and dined by the Sox GM and his Pearl Jam pal, and then watch a game from a Sox suite."

Pearl Jam pal? :eek:
  • $8k...?

i figured it would have been higher. I should have put a bid in for like $8500...

damn...
  • from the boston herald:

That it’s all supposed to be hush-hush, but word is that either Bruce Springsteen (again) or Bon Jovi will play Fenway Park [map] in August. “It’s a coin toss,” said Someone Who Knows. There was some chatter than U2 might play the old ballyard, but the band’s new album doesn’t come out untilfall, so it’s unlikely they’ll tour before then
    1998: Mansfield I, II
    2000: Mansfield I, II
    2003: Mansfield I, II, III
    2004: Boston II
    2006: Hartford; Boston I, II; Gorge I
    2008: Hartford; Mansfield I, II
    2009: Los Angeles IV; San Diego
    EV 2008: San Diego II; Boston I, II
    EV 2009: Albany II