so now that al qaeda has vowed to get revenge for killing al-zarqawi...

simpson,ay?simpson,ay? Posts: 45
edited June 2006 in A Moving Train
don't you think we should have just captured him, instead of bombing the shit out of him?? i mean we knew exactly where he was obviously, and he was meeting with his spiritual advisor...which i assume was probably not really dangerous. am i overlooking something here?? i think this is a cycle of violence that's not going to be stopped by killing one guy, and if anything, it will contribute to more violence.

your thoughts...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RushlimboRushlimbo Posts: 832
    don't you think we should have just captured him, instead of bombing the shit out of him?? i mean we knew exactly where he was obviously, and he was meeting with his spiritual advisor...which i assume was probably not really dangerous. am i overlooking something here?? i think this is a cycle of violence that's not going to be stopped by killing one guy, and if anything, it will contribute to more violence.

your thoughts...

That is why they killed him so they can perpetuate the so called war and keep our troops over there and money going to their corporate buddies.
    War is Peace
    Freedom is Slavery
    Ignorance is Strength
  • AbuskedtiAbuskedti Posts: 1,917

your thoughts...

these events mean nothing.. all they want is attention - and of course respond by misrepresenting them, ignoring them and killing them..

so the ball just picks up more and more steam.. we either like it that way or are very stupid or both.
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,322
    I think we should take everyone out of Iraq except Halliburton and other contractors connected to the Bush adminstration... and let whoever wants to have their revenge have it.
  • Purple HawkPurple Hawk Posts: 1,300
    Kenny Olav wrote:
    I think we should take everyone out of Iraq except Halliburton and other contractors connected to the Bush adminstration... and let whoever wants to have their revenge have it.

Someone on this board mentioned halliburtion...that's a drink!
    And you ask me what I want this year
    And I try to make this kind and clear
    Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days
    Cuz I don't need boxes wrapped in strings
    And desire and love and empty things
    Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days
  • RushlimboRushlimbo Posts: 832
    Someone on this board mentioned halliburtion...that's a drink!

taking a drink wont make the problems over there go away you dumbfuck. Bottoms up asswad.
    War is Peace
    Freedom is Slavery
    Ignorance is Strength
  • WindNoSailWindNoSail Posts: 580

your thoughts...

the offical word I heard, from the US military so I doubt it will be believed here, was that they had a HVT (high value target) and they decided to take him out. Those that drop the bombs had no clue who it was. If they had tried to capture him and he slipped away or killed US soldiers, then someone's mother would have lost their son. I figure kill him, and it isn't like it wasn't justified.
    HOB 10.05.2005, E Rutherford 06.03.2006, The Gorge 07.22.2006, Lolla 08.05.2007, West Palm 06.11.2008, Tampa 06.12.2008, Columbia 06.16.2008, EV Memphis 06.20.2009, New Orleans 05.01.2010, Kansas City 05.03.2010
  • WindNoSail wrote:
    the offical word I heard, from the US military so I doubt it will be believed here, was that they had a HVT (high value target) and they decided to take him out. Those that drop the bombs had no clue who it was. If they had tried to capture him and he slipped away or killed US soldiers, then someone's mother would have lost their son. I figure kill him, and it isn't like it wasn't justified.

Agreed. He was the type of person with whom no risks should have been taken. We've seen in the past how certain people have escaped capture, so it was best to take the strongest action. And like he said, the actual bombers had no idea who was inside.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I think killing him was the way to go. Wait till the al-zarqawi doesn't exist people come on....
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Agreed. He was the type of person with whom no risks should have been taken. We've seen in the past how certain people have escaped capture, so it was best to take the strongest action. And like he said, the actual bombers had no idea who was inside.

but...how many mothers will lose sons in the retaliation for his violent death?
  • mtildenmtilden Posts: 62

You act as if al queda's plan before killing Zarquawi was to defeat us with arm wrestling.
    "Go fuck yourself"
    -Dick Cheney

"Are you taking over or are you taking orders"
    -Joe Strummer 1952-2002

"All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting."
    -George Orwell
  • DCGARDENDCGARDEN Posts: 515
    This is where your mentality is flawed. Whether we killed him or captured him, Al Qaeda would be doing absolutely nothing different here. If we had him in custody, they would grab the first innocent person they could, make a damn video with two ninjas holding machine guns standing behind said person, and demanding his release or the innocent would be killed.

When you have a chance to kill someone who has directly caused the murder of your troops and innocent civilians ( Yes , I'm talking about Iraqi's here too)
    you don't risk letting him slip away. You aim, you set, and you kill.
    I'll keep taking punches
    Untill their will grows tired
  • PaperPlatesPaperPlates Posts: 1,745

How many would have died had he been able to keep on keepin on?

And so the dance begins.
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Al-Qaeda: They live=they murder.

It really is that simple. Better to cycle than get run over by a bus, when the driver wants to run you over anyway.
    A restaurant with a smoking section is like a swimming pool with a pissing section
  • NCfanNCfan Posts: 945

You can't persecute a war and win, if you are afraid to take casualties. To win, you must persue the best strategy possible and let the chips fall where they may.

Sure, people will die out of revenge. But as long as we made the right decision, I'm fine with it. And I think we did take the appropriate action.
  • eddies grrleddies grrl Posts: 509
    Kenny Olav wrote:

Kenny Olav for President 2008

:D
    Life is the riddle
    Of which we're caught in the middle.
    A couple of lucky ones
    Tangled up in too much love
    ~cowboy junkies