Options

Tool-decoy?

13»

Comments

• Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    DieasGrey wrote:
    Is that supposed to be impressive?

it wasn't meant to be...just pointing out other bands have done and still do do it.
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Options
    DieasGreyDieasGrey Posts: 124
    El_Kabong wrote:
    it wasn't meant to be...just pointing out other bands have done and still do do it.

Yeah it true and i can't stand it.

If there is some brilliant connection between these songs and some older ones i may change my mind on it.

I just can't see Tool running out of new riffs after only writing what maybe 35 songs?

I think the cd is badass except for that fact...and some slow parts are really lame.
    No one is Righteous.......
  • Options
    DieasGrey wrote:
    Yeah it true and i can't stand it.

If there is some brilliant connection between these songs and some older ones i may change my mind on it.

I just can't see Tool running out of new riffs after only writing what maybe 35 songs?

I think the cd is badass except for that fact...and some slow parts are really lame.

do you really think you have heard the new tool...No, you havent....
    anything out there is fake
    the new tool goes for sale on the second
    Promos will be released about 1 week ahead of time
    Tight security is fairly standard in studios now because of the internet
    Who had PJ before THEY leaked it.....nobody
    if you think you did, you are wrong.
    It will be heard when the band wants it heard. Tool is being smart. Release nothing....that way many will rush to get it, instead of downloading the odd song that leaks....I fear this will be PJ's fate.
    The only thing I enjoy is having no feelings....being numb rocks!

And I won't make the same mistakes
    (Because I know)
    Because I know how much time that wastes
    (And function)
    Function is the key
  • Options
    do you really think you have heard the new tool...No, you havent....
    anything out there is fake
    the new tool goes for sale on the second
    Promos will be released about 1 week ahead of time
    Tight security is fairly standard in studios now because of the internet
    Who had PJ before THEY leaked it.....nobody
    if you think you did, you are wrong.
    It will be heard when the band wants it heard. Tool is being smart. Release nothing....that way many will rush to get it, instead of downloading the odd song that leaks....I fear this will be PJ's fate.

Oh, come on. You don't honestly believe that do you?
  • Options
    Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    They play one April Fool's joke and that means they do stuff like this all the time?

They've played more then one april fools joke, in fact they're well known for lying or spreading misleading information about themselves. Also they released a bunch of fake leaked songs just before Lateralus was released. As it says in the FAQ at toolshed.down.net, You have to take anything they say [or do] with a huge grain of salt.

I'm not saying that this album is a fake (I haven't even heard it yet) but it would be far from out of character for them to do something like this.
  • Options
    oggyoggy Posts: 2
    the leaked CD obviously isnt fake...but I guess we'll find out soon if its a double CD or not
  • Options
    10,000 Days > Pearl Jam
  • Options
    I have not heard the leaked music, but I just want to say the fact that people are even conjecturing about its validity is the reason I love tool so much. This is so much FUN.
    Now, having not heard the music, I hope it is a fake just so we can say they did it. If it is a fake, they will have put one over on the entire industry, from radio to retail chains to the fans themselves, thieves or no. And that is an awesome accomplishment.
    What a sense of humor!
    I love this band.
    "Should I tell you my room is walled up? In what way might I leave it? Here is how; Goodwill knows no obstacle. Nothing can stand before a deep desire. All I have to do is imagine a door." -Schultz

Trading stories with the leaves instead
  • Options
    This is Santa Clause bullshit. If you believe that the album is actually a decoy, you are a complete moron. I'm surprised that you have the motorskills to type a post. The internet. Holy shit. I always thought that for some reason, Tool fans would be smart, but I guess I was wrong.
    I love the record
  • Options
    Oh, come on. You don't honestly believe that do you?

Yes....I do. They said they arent releasing anything until a week ahead of the album. The album, I believe, is real. Sure hope it is anyways, as I have already paid for it. If the music store had not recieved confrimation as to what to expect, and know what THEY are paying for it, they would not have presold it to me as I stated earlier. Tool does like to toy with people, but I do not believe they would screw over retailers like that. If something totally different came out and it was like 20 bucks, instead of 14, the music stores would loose their shirts on presales.
    The only thing I enjoy is having no feelings....being numb rocks!

And I won't make the same mistakes
    (Because I know)
    Because I know how much time that wastes
    (And function)
    Function is the key
  • Options
    Tool's screwed either way it looks like. If this is indeed the album, people don't seem too thrilled with it. If its a decoy, they're just pretentious assholes. I'm sorry, but no band is good enough to warrant bullshit like that, and Tool isn't that great anyway.
  • Options
    AllNiteThingAllNiteThing Posts: 1,114
    This new album is awesome! Not better than Aenema, but definitely rivals Lateralus. The songs aren't as accessible to most people like older Tool, but these songs are so complex and fleshed out and intense. It's some really, really great stuff. The Pot, Jambi, Right in Two and of course 10,000 Days are all amazing pieces of work. They take a few listens to get into, but once you do, it is well worth it.

Anyone who thinks this is a hoax seriously needs to get the cotton out of their ears, take the tin foil off their head and get a clue.
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
  • Options
    hodgehodge Posts: 519
    people spend way too much time reading toolnavy and other msg boards
    if you believe this is a hoax, you are retarded

this album owns me
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,086
    This is Santa Clause bullshit. If you believe that the album is actually a decoy, you are a complete moron. I'm surprised that you have the motorskills to type a post. The internet. Holy shit. I always thought that for some reason, Tool fans would be smart, but I guess I was wrong.
    I love the record

There's a lot of shit that doesn't quite add up. Keep an open mind!
  • Options
    WHERE the hell can I hear it??!?!?
    10/31/99, 10/27/00, 06/01/03, 10/25/03, 07/07/06, 07/09/06, 07/15/06

Even Flow PSYCHO member #0020!!
    myspace.com/takingpunches
  • Options
    WHERE the hell can I hear it??!?!?

SWIM found the album on LimeWire. He said it's pretty much everywhere now as long as one is willing to use illicit programs. Be sure to check track times so you know you're downloading the version actually created by Tool.

This album is good. I'd put it above Aenima but not above the last one; it would've been hard to beat Lateralus since I pretty much consider it to be the best heavy metal album of all-time, even moreso than Vulgar Display of Power or ... And Justice for All and all the other wonderful discs out there.
  • Options
    7 Kettles7 Kettles Posts: 86
    it's not a decoy....it's amazing. i'm dumbfounded by the fact that a few people said it was lacklustre. even after two listens i can tell that it has the potential to be yet another masterpiece by tool. the single, although decent, does not hold a candle to the rest of the album. some wonderful stuff! now if i could only get a ticket to see them live........
    they say god makes problems just to see what you can stand ~ elliott smith
  • Options
    beachdwellerbeachdweller Posts: 1,532
    I think the album is brilliant, the sounds that Adam makes with his guitars are amazing, love the progression and timing changes, and Maynard sounds great, haven't even started listening to his lyrics yet...more listening to the album with his voice as the 4th instrument still.
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf
  • Options
    JamnPearlJamnPearl Posts: 204
    Is it just me, or does the drumming on Vicarious sound a whole lot different than all the other tracks? The other songs have that acoustic drum sound feel, or maybe it's just me?
  • Options
    JSP552003JSP552003 Posts: 222
    i love 10,000 days....freakin great album....Lateralus is my favorite tool album but 10,000 days is right up there with it....and i hope it is a decoy cuz that just means we'll get even more tool haha