Options

Tool-decoy?

Comments

• Options
    Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    Echoes wrote:
    Usually this is said when a band makes a radical departure from their style, not necessarily whan they make something which sounds derivativee of the old albums

IMO, some of the stuff does sound like older Tool, but it also sounds fresh.

What Tool song sounds like WfM/10k Days? I would be the first to hate it. Their long "musical journey" usually dont really thrill me at all, but this is well put together. I think its the least derivitive and the best song Tool has ever done.
  • Options
    Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    again, I havent heard the new album, just the vicarious single.

But seems to me, whenever tool releases a cd, its highly complex, the references to carl jung, evolution, and genetics on Aenima.

The odd time signitures and drumming in lateralus, the supposed fibonocci sequence.

This is a band that spends a HUGE amount of time in their music, thats why its almost worth it for them to take 5 years to make cd's. because you know the cd will be a guaranteed mindblower.

I dont get the feeling from other peoples responses about the leaked cd.

people also suggest that many of the songs have lifted riffs from previous tool songs.

Could tool be that out of ideas that they take riffs from their old songs?

To me, tool is miles above any band in terms of complexity, and beautiful songs.

maybe I will be blown away when I finally here the new cd.

All I know is that I dont think people said this about lateralus. People were blown away, and rightly so. It took people 5 years alone to just digest that cd. People seem to suggest the new cd is complete crap and isnt very complex.

I just am surprised. I never imagined people would be saying tool made an album that wasnt mindblowing. It just never occured to me

There is not a song on the album in a conventional time signature, and that is what makes their songs sound complex. Some of them actually are, b/c of that also.
  • Options
    EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    Well, I'm glad you enjoy it.
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Options
    frogwater wrote:
    they're probably yelling "decoy" so people will still go buy the record on may 2nd, thinking they haven't already purchased it. the 6 or so harder songs on the album are definitely Tool, no way to fake that. The rest of the more artsy songs could be decoys, but i highly doubt it.
    these days bands can only get within a week or two (at best) of the album's actual release date before the album gets leaked. there's really no way around it, seeing as how millions of copies of the album have to get produced
    and shipped out to stores several days before the release date. and all it takes is one individual to get the finished product uploaded to their PC, and then, bam, the leak turns into a tsunami. this is the sad reality.

True, the only possibility that this is not the real version is if the album is not called 10, 000 days, which was the case with Lateralus, when people were looking for an album called "Systema Encéphale". And then a week before release the album and actual album title came out. This time though there's music and everything, so this would be very elaborate, but honestly, if there's a band that would do it, it would be Tool.
  • Options
    genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    Is the 10,000 leaked album a decoy?

If its a decoy my hubbie and I would like to know who this band is.
    Cause they are really good! :D
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • Options
    It could be b-sides or at least a mix of 2 albums. I don't usually dwnload albums prior to release but I did with this one(not PJ if you want to know).
    because of the hype.

Let's think about this for a minute, the word HYPE. We,ve all heard the tool album is coming soon, but until 2 weeks ago or so nobody heard the single or was the album leaked. all of a sudden there is a 20 second clip, then the single was leaked, then the album was leaked, all in a matter of 3 days.

The leaked version is a good listen, could be an album, but if you go to amazon they're offering 10000 days (domestic) + 10000 days (import) for 45 bucks or so , why would you buy both if there going to have 80-90% the same material on both album?

My conclusion is TOOL is TOOL and we'll all be waiting 'till May second to find out and NOT any other bands can make their fans wonder if the illegal copy of the album is the REAL one.

Pure Genious (if intended or not)
    "I'll be hanging upside down, and there I will swing, for all e.........tern.............ni..............ty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    genevieve wrote:
    If its a decoy my hubbie and I would like to know who this band is.
    Cause they are really good! :D

Everyone's in agreement that it's Tool, and I agree that this leak is a decent ep.
  • Options
    enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,926
    It's 76 flippin minutes!!! That's not an EP, kids. Well, perhaps if you have some serious ADD going on.

Many bands record 20-30 songs and then whittle that down to 10-12 songs for an album.

I cannot be certain that the leak is the final version, since they likley had a number of songs recorded, mixed, and mastered prior to the final assembly ofthe album.

I like the album. It's Tool. You have to be ready for a certain percentage of it to be head music.
  • Options
    InterpolInterpol Posts: 20
    This was posted in the Sept. 2005 edition of Tool's newsletter.

"Now where was I?.. Oh yeah, TOOL!.. I'm not going to reveal my source, Mister Patience, but do you want to know the kind of things that have been going on while this record was being recorded? Okay, first there was the decoy record just to confound all those would-be bootleggers out there. This took, oh, about a year, just because the band members wanted it to sound pretty close to the real thing (so as to be believable), along with equally believable art design."

I think the leaked CD is a decoy. It's odd the last two tracks would be just fillers.
  • Options
    bluemonkeybluemonkey Posts: 198
    sounds like it's real,but i don't like how hal or maybe even more than half of the songs are "throw away songs"[songs with no lyrics].i can't stand listening to 8 minutes of just weird noises w/ no lyrics...kind of why i never really got that much into floyd.and don't get me wrong,i like both bands.you would just figure that within the 4 or 5 years it has taken to make this album they could have made 11-13 real songs.
  • Options
    JamnPearlJamnPearl Posts: 204
    It's certainly not something expected by Tool fans, but I still think the album is very good. The more listens, the better it is. I thought it sucked the first time through. Vicarious, Jambi, 10,000 Days and The Pot are awesome songs IMO.
  • Options
    JSP552003JSP552003 Posts: 222
    JamnPearl wrote:
    What I don't understand is, why would a bside be a title track?

i dunno what to think about all this haha but to answer your question....blind melon......the song "soup" wasn't on the album of the same name
  • Options
    The journalist Andy King has taken ALOT of **** from TOOL's management and record company for posting this review on totalrock.com, which was taken down because of pressure from the band, their managment and label. He has now been denied the scheduled interview with the band because of this review, which in my opinion doesnt reveal much. Anyway, here's what all the drama is about...

The TOOL Story Marches On

From Andy King, TotalRock… New Album playback at 10, Golborne Road, London W10 -
    February 20th 2006... 4pm and 7.30pm

There is something delightfully Toolian about staging a series of European album
    press/radio playback and ‘meet-the-new-Record-Company’ dates whilst not only not
    revealing the name of said new album but also keeping all the track titles
    themselves firmly under wraps.

For your roving Tool reporter, this presents two particular difficulties –
    firstly it makes accurate reviewing a task almost as hazardous as Quail shooting
    whilst under the influence (perish the thought that anyone could even
    contemplate such foolishness) and secondly it prompts momentary, and forgivable,
    cynicism along the lines of ‘They’re ‘avin’ a larff! This is just an elaborate,
    fake decoy album!’. Oh ****, there I go with those hunting expressions again.

Today (and I use the word entirely accurately - as my Tool obsession squirts
    into me such blind courage as to prompt me to lurk, contrary to Record Company
    wishes, in the shadows for 90 minutes - so as to catch both the 4pm and 7.30pm
    playbacks) - today, the Record Company has displayed a remarkable degree of
    Tool-savvy by booking an unheard of pub-for-bohemians in West London’s debatably
    fashionable and trendy (or downright dangerous – unless, like me, you have at
    least two layers of hoodies on top of your baseball hat) W10 area. 10, Golbourne
    Road is at the foot of one of London’s once most notorious and scary tower
    blocks – Erno Goldfinger’s (not to mention The Clash’s) Trellick Tower – now
    perversely, and miraculously, transmogrified into one of the City’s most
    desirable residences. It sez ‘ere.

It’s a joy – in this day and age and with such a multi-million selling global
    mega-band (yes, it really is true, fans!) – to immediately bump into ¾ of the
    band casually swigging beer from bottles (or, somewhat surprisingly, Starbucks
    from a paper cup in Maynard’s case) and chatting amiably with the assembled
    mid-afternoon gathering of hacks. It’s always a joy to meet a man so much ‘his
    own man’ and Maynard, as usual, manages to take such an expression to dizzy new
    heights. As inscrutable as the ******* offspring of Chairman Mao and Wallace &
    Gromit’s Were Rabbit (slightly caught in the headlights of my immediate and
    presumptuous ‘hail fellow well met’ self-introduction) Maynard professes to
    ‘feeling a little jet-lagged’ and at once hops off to safer environs. Meanwhile
    big haired Danny and Justin look, for all the world, like a brace of goddamn
    hippies from the Bong Shop down the road. As has been revealed – Adam has
    remained in LA ‘directing the video’.

After a 30 minute delay in proceedings – caused by a tardy and self-important
    bunch of hacks creeping out of some rank corner of the evil EMAP Empire (they’re
    all Borgs, we suspect) the Anonymous Playback of The Nameless Songs commences…
    ‘probably nearly in their Final Running Order’, we are told. Readers will,
    hopefully, forgive any inaccuracies in reportage. On first listen I surmised
    this was an 9 track album, managing to squeeze this figure up to 10 on second
    hearing, whilst having confirmation from the band that it was, in fact an 11
    track album. (They thought).

Queens Of The Stone Age, The Melvins, Turbonegro, Satyricon, Weezer and Hole.
    Hmmm... Joe Baresi’s CV might not be an immediate one to catch the attention
    whilst puzzling over a new Producer for a band such as our heroes. But then,
    Tool never have been noted for the obvious, the easier, softer way. The band
    dynamic IS different on this work. But it’s a challenging difference – perhaps
    no great surprise for a band which often borders on the recalcitrant. As might
    have been expected from a ‘guitar-oriented’ knob twiddler– the guitars are very
    much to the fore. Perhaps more so than on any work since Opiate. And there are
    other notables – but more of those later. What we have here with The Album With
    No Name (rather a good title, boys… why not go for it? Surely it’s not too
    late?) is yet another milestone in the journey of one of the most innovative of
    rock bands of the last 30 years. It’s a Rollercoaster. It’s difficult (‘Hurrah!’
    I hear you yell!). It’s at points dense, frustrating and impenetrable
    (‘Wahaay!’). On occasion it provides the band’s most commercial work to date. At
    worst, it heavily borrows hooks and snippets from, mainly, the Lateralus album.
    At best, it’s soaring and stunning and staggering – an exercise in aural, no
    sensory, exploration. In short, it’s the new Tool album and it’s fudging great…

Track 1 (7min 3sec). Mesmeric start. Hypnotic beat. Jagged, angular off beats.
    Familiar trancey passages punctuated by a guitar part reminiscent of an older
    Tool track. Tribal drum beats fudge with a lovely melody and climax with
    Maynard’s vocals. I am going to cry.

Track 2 (7min 12sec) Melodic intro with almost balladic vocals from Maynard.
    Lighter feel (almost, dare I say it, APC-tinged) but not for long. Danny gets
    stronger – Baresi releases our tubthumper and the feel gets much heavier into
    ‘chugga chugga’ off beats. Then – here’s some unusual guitar work. Man, it’s
    almost Hendix-like! Then back into a heavy tribal groove. I fight off the urge
    to masturbate furiously.

Track 3/4 (This is either one 17 minute monster or two tracks – of 6min 20sec
    and 10min 26sec – only the Gods Of The Stinfist know the answer). Whichever it
    is – DO NOT SMOKE THE WEED WHILST LISTENING TO IT! Starting with Buddhist
    temple-flavoured gong tweaking the collective nipples of Kraftwerk, a deep
    sphincter-rumbling bass and om chanting might recall ‘Parabol’. After 3 minutes
    of this nerve-wracking niceness, all Hell breaks loose with mega-heavy riffdom
    before slipping back into spaciness after 30 seconds. Like an epileptic
    convulsion in a night of deep sleep. Hawkwind does Greensleeves whilst Pink
    Floys look on. The Record Company people are starting to look nervous and
    uncomfortable as if they have seldom HEARD anything so strange and worrying.
    What the fudge is this? Let me outta here! I need to go snuggle the Radio One
    Playlist! Suddenly it’s a crazed sea shanty for whacked-out space travelers.
    ‘You’re the only one who can hold your head up high. It’s my time now… my time
    now… give me my… give me my…’ duets Maynard with himself. Danny fights free of
    the evil clutches of Dr Baresi and goes off on one. Adam’s guitar recalls
    something off Lateralus again. It’s Triad, I think, but it’s almost impossible
    to identify one riff whilst another song goes on. The musical equivalent of
    rubbing one’s head and tummy simultaneously in different directions. They’re
    doing this on purpose to fudge with our heads. ********! Returns to full-on
    rhythmic Toolishness to end. No it isn’t the end. It doesn’t end like any other
    song ends. Tool never ends. I’m losing it. Therap me now, please.

Track 5 (Probably. 6min 11 sec definitely). Oooooooh. This is THE one. Ya know
    what, pluggers? Radio might even go for this! Maynard’s vocals at the start are
    quite extraordinary. Place equal parts of Chris De Burgh, Tiny Tim and Bilal The
    Muezzin in a blender and run for your life. Easily the most commercial track to
    date. In fact, easily the most commercial track Tool have EVER done. That guitar
    is waaay strong again. Did Adam bribe Baresi? This is still twisted. It’s hard
    but commercial. The end spells a relief as climactic as a boil bursting. I go
    ‘Yessssss’ and the whole room of cool jouros looks round at me as if I’m a
    Bateman cartoon ‘The Man Who Ordered A Pork Sandwich In Blooms’. This is a
    SERIOUSLY awesome track. Just you mark my words.

Track 6 (1min). In which Maynard becomes a Native American for no good reason.
    Strange, but we like a bit of strangeness.

Track 7 (Maybe. Could be two medium length tracks and a terribly short one, too.
    I’m now losing the will to live with the stopwatch. It’s 14min 45sec of music,
    whatever). Guitars to the fore again. One long note with almost blues-like,
    overlaid note progressions. fudge me, it’s House Of The Rising Sun cut with
    Ketamine. There are unsettling whispers and talking. Is this a bad trip or a
    psychiatry session? Come to think of it, is there a difference? ‘How Are You
    Today?’… ‘Tell Me Everything’ then THWACK! Into such a breathtakingly slappy,
    powerful riff kick that I’m actually physically winded for a nanosecond.
    Demonic, growling, rap noise over rhythmic heavy heavy groove. Forget the Were
    Rabbit jibe. This is a fudging full-on, nasty, shaven headed WEREWOLF. A lightbulb
    goes mental in the room. The Record Company almost lose all cool and run for it.
    I damn nearly join them but now I AM crying. I am gulping back wracking sobs at
    the sheer Toolishness of this monstrous, magnificent track. This is the real
    deal. Again snippets from Lateralus. You ARE playing with us. You ARE! This is
    Tool’s equivalent of ‘spot the Hitchcock in the Hitchcock film’! But I don’t
    care. It’s like The Best Of Tool in one song. The Bomb. It ends like the violent
    end of a violent life. And then it ends again. Unless that’s another track, of
    course….

Track 8 (6min 44sec). Odd noises. Sea shore meets ironworks. Ever see the
    cartoon meisterwerk ‘Spirited Away’? You MUST! In it there is a character called
    Kamajii The Boiler Keeper who has 6 arms and an army of small black coals. This
    sound is similar. Soon joined by elastic bass and drum twangling over
    multi-layered Maynard whisperings and chanted vox. Shades of Pink Floyd again.
    Shades of the more ‘moody’ Lateralus tracks again. Reflection. Disposition.
    Tribal and hypnotic.

Track 9 (9min 04sec. I think). Melodic, slow, hypnotic. Almost balladic. Wall of Sound build-up. Danny does some Bamboo pole-type drumming into big rif***e. Big, big sound. Tool at their weightiest. It’s almost Chinese at the end. I can think of worse things to be like. Perhaps the boys have their eyes on the World’s fastest developing market?

Track 10 (OK it’s 11 but I’m fudge if I can work out how we got here). The walk out track (their description not mine). Oddness. The Noodles of Satan.

And that’s it. First playback and Maynard bids us farewell. ‘Hope you enjoyed it. If you didn’t we could put on a little Green Day for you?’. Second playback and Justin apologises for not being The Arctic Monkeys. We smoodge and chatter. We remember that Danny is actually the World’s nicest (and tallest) man. If only I could feel as comfy in my skin as he does. That’s it – go on, compare my insides with his outsides. We rejoice in the fact that ¼ of Tool is, in fact, English. We clamber onto our pushbike past legions of hoodies whilst the Tool Carnival ups and offs to Amsterdam. fudge knows where THAT playback will take place but I have a shrewd idea or two…

So at a guess i'd say if the copy you've listened to sounds like this then it's the real deal.
  • Options
    DieasGreyDieasGrey Posts: 124
    This cd doesn't settle for me for some reason.
    I have a feeling there is something more to it.
    It is good but not great.
    It is not better than Lateralus nor Aenima considering it just sounds like used riffs and drum beat from the two.

I believe the double cd theory ...or double release concept.
    1. The art work is all supposed to be stereoscopic (Two views)
    2. Title track part of a 2 song epic.
    3. Right in Two is basically split in two
    4. It is being released on 2 record labels.
    5. Amazon has 2 versions for sale ..import and domestic but import is like 27 bucks.
    6. Many radio stations referr to the album as 10.000 years and claim that is what the official release says.
    No one is Righteous.......
  • Options
    DieasGrey wrote:
    I believe the double cd theory ...or double release concept.
    1. The art work is all supposed to be stereoscopic (Two views)
    2. Title track part of a 2 song epic.
    3. Right in Two is basically split in two
    4. It is being released on 2 record labels.
    5. Amazon has 2 versions for sale ..import and domestic but import is like 27 bucks.
    6. Many radio stations referr to the album as 10.000 years and claim that is what the official release says.

1. It prob will when it's released.
    2. Yes, title track is a 2 part epic. What's your point?
    3. Again, whats your point?
    4. It's being released on Volcano.
    5.Imports are always more expensive, this means nothing. Besides, Amazon UK only have 1 version listed.
    6.The album is called 10,000 Days - this is a FACT.

If the version you've listened to is the same as what Tool let the press listen to in the post i made above - then that is the new album. No if's or buts. If i'm proven wrong then i will be very suprised - but i won't be cos i'm right.
  • Options
    "this is a FACT."

I don't think there are any "facts" when it comes to upcomming Tool releases!
  • Options
    JamnPearl wrote:
    "this is a FACT."

I don't think there are any "facts" when it comes to upcomming Tool releases!

Didnt Maynard find jesus and stop releasing albums altogether? ;)
    Well, do you need a lot of what you've got to survive?
  • Options
    1. It prob will when it's released.
    2. Yes, title track is a 2 part epic. What's your point?
    3. Again, whats your point?
    4. It's being released on Volcano.
    5.Imports are always more expensive, this means nothing. Besides, Amazon UK only have 1 version listed.
    6.The album is called 10,000 Days - this is a FACT.

If the version you've listened to is the same as what Tool let the press listen to in the post i made above - then that is the new album. No if's or buts. If i'm proven wrong then i will be very suprised - but i won't be cos i'm right.

Sorry i figured my post clearly brought the point up of how many references to 2 there is related to this cd. It is being released on Volcano and Sony/BMG.
  • Options
    dd123dd123 Posts: 9
    when a perfect circle released their 2nd album there was leaked songs that sounded nowt like the final effort, plus some were the same song with different names.

I reckon a decoy
  • Options
    lukin321lukin321 Charlotte, NC Posts: 864
    Decoy or not the album is fucking amazing. Turn off all the lights, crank up your stereo, and head to track 11 "Right In Two". Wow.
    9/1/98, 8/9/00, 8/12/00, 4/11/03, 4/12/03, 4/13/03, 4/19/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/8/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/30/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016
  • Options
    Aussie and perhaps Kiwi fans better make sure they get in early!!

"Fans will be able to beat the stampede to secure themselves a copy of '10,000 Days' when stores in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Adelaide open at 12:01am on Saturday, April 29 (that's the Friday night) to sell the very first copies of the album available in Australia. Stock of the extravagantly packaged '10,000 Days' will be incredibly limited for the first two weeks - Australian stores will be accepting reduced quantities due to global demand exceeding production capacity, so get in quick or you'll have to wait."

http://www.sonymusic.com.au/news/details.do;jsessionid=0865082E20E379065DF4B10CC691A46B.tomcat3?newsId=20030829003135
    I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stoney G.

http://www.myspace.com/ozbeachbum

7/11/06 - Sydney 1
    18/11/06 - Sydney 3
    19/11/06 - Newcastle Baby!
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,086
    There's a few things that don't sit right with me:

1. Recycled riffs: Much of Wings For Marie was used as an intro to Parabol/Parabola on the Lateralus tour. The tabla later on in the album is reminiscent of the Salival version of Pushit.

2. Recycled art: The cover art is an adaptation of Alex Grey's Web of Being. Grey's Lateralus artwork was original for the album.

3. This mysterious import version of 10,000 Days with a 5/16 release date on Amazon and Target.com has been joined by import versions of Tool's other albums, all scheduled for release on 5/16.

4. The amount of secrecy around the recording of this album is/was unparalleled. Anyone in the vicinity of the creative process was greeted with a fat confidentiality agreement. Media who received listening parties were not allowed to report on the session until mid-April (all the while still not receiving an album name or song names). This all seems like overkill, given 1 and 2.

That said, I think 10,000 Days will be widely available as is on 5/2. I just believe that this isn't the full picture and maybe that answer comes on 5/16 (also, let's not forget that 6/6/06 follows shortly after, a Tuesday to boot).

By the way, I have 10,000 Days and it's pretty damn good (WFM/10K Days is fantastic). Should be interesting!
  • Options
    lukin321 wrote:
    Decoy or not the album is fucking amazing. Turn off all the lights, crank up your stereo, and head to track 11 "Right In Two". Wow.

Agreed. I really don't care if the riffs are like other Tool albums or not, this album fucking rocks.
  • Options
    "I work at borders in receiving and shipping, and both the import and 10000 days are supposed dual cd's. The import is listed as having a dvd, and cd. The cd is listed as having 2 CD's. I looked this up after I heard my boss talking about an album given to amazon that they sold thinking it would be one cd. (supposedly amazon is pissed they can't change the price with the new knowledge) With all the crazyness here I ran to the computer and it was TOOL. So it's either a decoy, or a live cd?"

http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=43155

Just saw that on another board...i'm not a member there so I can't read the rest of the thread.

http://www.10000-days.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1278

God damnit Tool.
  • Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    the beatles often recylced older riffs in their songs
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Options
    lukin321lukin321 Charlotte, NC Posts: 864
    here's another post that was on the 10,000 days forum. Just throwing it out here to get some thoughts on the subject

"So my girlfriend Kayla talked to her friend who happens to be a manager at Best Buy today. She said that pre-orders for 10,000 Days have been the highest the store has ever seen. This is great for the store... or is it?

He said that everytime he calls the distributor they give him new info about the album. At first they said that it was coming with a free DVD with footage from the listening sessions, and then the next week said it would be a bonus CD. This story from them changed at least five times, he said, until he finally just gave up. He says he doesn't know what price to put on the CD due to the possibility that it might be a double album. He said that the distributor sounded "nervous" last time he called, like no one at the office knew what was going on. Here's the funny part...

He said that in some of the promo copies that have been sent out, once you open the CD package, there are two disc holders, one at each side, like "Salival." He said that this could mean that there will be a limited number of copies with a bonus disc but said "Making a double album a limited pressing is illogical because it robs the album of its overall effect."

The last thing he said is that when he called the distributor once, he was assured that the album wouldn't leak by any means until April 28th. The person he talked to mentioned the fake Counterfist leak and said that anything before April 28th that leaks is a hoax and not to be taken seriously."

http://www.10000-days.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1278
    9/1/98, 8/9/00, 8/12/00, 4/11/03, 4/12/03, 4/13/03, 4/19/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/8/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/30/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016
  • Options
    pjl44 wrote:

1. Recycled riffs: Much of Wings For Marie was used as an intro to Parabol/Parabola on the Lateralus tour. The tabla later on in the album is reminiscent of the Salival version of Pushit.

2. Recycled art: The cover art is an adaptation of Alex Grey's Web of Being. Grey's Lateralus artwork was original for the album.

3. This mysterious import version of 10,000 Days with a 5/16 release date on Amazon and Target.com has been joined by import versions of Tool's other albums, all scheduled for release on 5/16.

4. The amount of secrecy around the recording of this album is/was unparalleled. Anyone in the vicinity of the creative process was greeted with a fat confidentiality agreement. Media who received listening parties were not allowed to report on the session until mid-April (all the while still not receiving an album name or song names). This all seems like overkill, given 1 and 2.

That said, I think 10,000 Days will be widely available as is on 5/2. I just believe that this isn't the full picture and maybe that answer comes on 5/16 (also, let's not forget that 6/6/06 follows shortly after, a Tuesday to boot).

By the way, I have 10,000 Days and it's pretty damn good (WFM/10K Days is fantastic). Should be interesting!

Good read. I reserved My pearl Jam, and Tool today. I can pick them up on May 2nd.
    The only thing I enjoy is having no feelings....being numb rocks!

And I won't make the same mistakes
    (Because I know)
    Because I know how much time that wastes
    (And function)
    Function is the key
  • Options
    they were 14.95 a piece (canadian)
    The only thing I enjoy is having no feelings....being numb rocks!

And I won't make the same mistakes
    (Because I know)
    Because I know how much time that wastes
    (And function)
    Function is the key
  • Options
    El_Kabong wrote:
    the beatles often recylced older riffs in their songs

Is that supposed to be impressive?
  • Options
    rcsrcs Posts: 711
    pjl44 wrote:

OK. Up until I read this post I truly thought that this rumor of the leaked album being a decoy was nothing but BS. Now...? Hmmmm. You made some good points and given me cause to think a bit more about it. I guess we'll know for sure soon.
    E agora? Faz xixi na mão e deita fora!