Options

Arcade Fire are horrible

melodyman22melodyman22 Posts: 326
edited January 2008 in Other Music
Thats right from there horrible singing, to there bad lyrics. No passion in there songs. So many people talk about how great they are. There horrible. Now i know people are gonna start bashing me for saying this, that is fine have at her. I repeat ARCADE FIRE are trash.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,250
    let the flaying begin! :D

i've never really listened to em so i'll reserve judgement. they do seem to be the flavour of the month at the moment, so they must be doing something right!
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    YOU are trash. You are crazy. Or you should open your ears.
    I can understand everybodys is not fan of the band but you may not say arcade fire sucks.
    There are some artists that are GOOD and that should (must?) be considered good for everybody. This is the case for Neil Young, David Bowie, Springsteen, Pearl Jam, + some others, and: Arcade fire.
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    Thats right from there horrible singing, to there bad lyrics. No passion in there songs. So many people talk about how great they are. There horrible. Now i know people are gonna start bashing me for saying this, that is fine have at her. I repeat ARCADE FIRE are trash.

Yes, yes they are.
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    Julien wrote:
    YOU are trash. You are crazy. Or you should open your ears.
    I can understand everybodys is not fan of the band but you may not say arcade fire sucks.
    There are some artists that are GOOD and that should (must?) be considered good for everybody. This is the case for Neil Young, David Bowie, Springsteen, Pearl Jam, + some others, and: Arcade fire.

I agree with the OP :) I've listened to both albums and live stuff off of youtube and I've only liked one song so far: Rebellion(Lies) the rest bores me.

Not all of the artists you mentioned are good for everybody either **Cough**Springsteen**Cough**
    NERDS!
  • Options
    Never heard anything by them so I couldn't really say either way.

Although I am quite happy living under my rock.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • Options
    I agree with the OP :) I've listened to both albums and live stuff off of youtube and I've only liked one song so far: Rebellion(Lies) the rest bores me.

Not all of the artists you mentioned are good for everybody either **Cough**Springsteen**Cough**
    the artists I mentioned ARE good. I'm not fan of them but they are real artists, that created their own style. I don't say they are good for everybody. I just say that normal people may not think one of those artists is not good.
  • Options
    Julien wrote:
    the artists I mentioned ARE good. I'm not fan of them but they are real artists, that created their own style. I don't say they are good for everybody. I just say that normal people may not think one of those artists is not good.

I will give you the fact that they are different and creative. So I guess that makes the Arcade Fire good Artists then, but they make horrible music ;)
    NERDS!
  • Options
    Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    I thought I wa the only one :) thank you good sir.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Options

here's a little fun activity/quiz that you should try:
    http://www.better-english.com/easier/theyre.htm
  • Options
    todd1974 wrote:
    lol :D
  • Options
    todd1974 wrote:
    Sweet, I got 20/20 :cool:
    NERDS!
  • Options
    audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    Me too.

I must admit, I don't worship Arcade Fire to the level some people on here do. There are some people who like to claim they are the second coming of Jesus...hell...even that Jesus was a myth, and THEY are our real saviours...well maybe i'm exaggerating...but not by very much. And it annoys me too.

And I say this as a fan of Arcade Fire. And as someone who has seen them live. I like them. I think they're good. I think they're good live. Do I think they're the best thing since sliced bread? No, but I happen to be very partial to bread. If they aren't for you, then that's fair enough...but I don't really think it's a fair comment to say that there is no passion in their music. There clearly is. If you listened you would hear it.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • Options
    soclosesoclose Posts: 628
    I have no problem with the fact that you dislike Arcade Fire, but if you're going to plaster a message board with your hate at least develop a convincing argument. Give an example of the poor lyrics. Somehow explain to us how in what ways you recognize a lack of passion in the music. Otherwise you just come off another whiner. It's getting old.

More to the point, why revel in your distaste for this or any other band? Why not start a new thread about Velvet Revolver and see how many of your fellow Pearl Jam fans will join you in the love. Wouldn't that be more satisfying? I guarantee you I won't show to break up the party either.
  • Options
    pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Neon Bible should end after the first two songs, the rest is pretty much crap. I cant believe so many people, including critics could mistake two quality songs for a great record. The vocals are bad, poor voice and they seem very uninspired.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Neon Bible should end after the first two songs, the rest is pretty much crap. I cant believe so many people, including critics could mistake two quality songs for a great record. The vocals are bad, poor voice and they seem very uninspired.
    Antichrist Television Blues
    Keep The Car Running
    Windowsill
    Intervention

HELLO!!!

As a 16 year old I have no problem in saying that Neon Bible is our DSOTM.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    I have quite a few of their posters, but I have never heard one song of thiers... I refuse to ever listen to them, as this little DeltaSigChai4 brat loves them so much!
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    Antichrist Television Blues
    Keep The Car Running
    Windowsill
    Intervention

HELLO!!!

Well it is very cool a 16 year old likes them although i disagree with comparing the album to DSOTM.

I like the arcade fire quite a bit. They are not for everyone. i'm not sure why their lyrics are taking a beating here? If you don't like Win's voice i understand that but i though that many of their lyrics were rather good and interesting.

Oh well. In my opinion they have released two very good albums and i've seen them live twice and both times were very good. They are on my short list of bands to see every time they come around
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    intodeep wrote:
    Well it is very cool a 16 year old likes them although i disagree with comparing the album to DSOTM.

I like the arcade fire quite a bit. They are not for everyone. i'm not sure why their lyrics are taking a beating here? If you don't like Win's voice i understand that but i though that many of their lyrics were rather good and interesting.

You can criticise Arcade Fire, fine... but on the lyrics? Strange choice; their lyrics are excellent, and to bash them kind of invalidates a person's opinion.

IMO :D
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    rudiger10rudiger10 Posts: 129
    They are one of those bands that you like or you don't, such as Springsteen, the whole sound itself is something you have to hear a lot before you can listen to it.
    My god its been so long, never dreamed we'd return.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,057
    Wow...I think they're a little overrated, but Neon Bible's a pretty good album. I've heard they're excellent live, so I'm sure I'll check them out at some point. I always thought Radiohead was just "good" until I saw them live...then everything came into focus.

By the way, that boroff89 dude that did the Best Albums of 2007 thread is gonna lose his shit when he reads this.
  • Options
    transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    pjl44 wrote:
    Wow...I think they're a little overrated, but Neon Bible's a pretty good album. I've heard they're excellent live, so I'm sure I'll check them out at some point. I always thought Radiohead was just "good" until I saw them live...then everything came into focus.
    You make the same comparison I do. After seeing Arcade Fire live, they went from just a pretty damn good band to an awesome one. Same with Radiohead. Though I don't care to pick up their studio albums, I will see them live everytime they come around.
  • Options
    mensanemensane Posts: 912
    I have ONLY heard them live (from the rail). HORRIBLE. Like a bunch of former theater club kids with ADD.
  • Options
    direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    soclose wrote:
    I have no problem with the fact that you dislike Arcade Fire, but if you're going to plaster a message board with your hate at least develop a convincing argument. Give an example of the poor lyrics. Somehow explain to us how in what ways you recognize a lack of passion in the music. Otherwise you just come off another whiner. It's getting old.

More to the point, why revel in your distaste for this or any other band? Why not start a new thread about Velvet Revolver and see how many of your fellow Pearl Jam fans will join you in the love. Wouldn't that be more satisfying? I guarantee you I won't show to break up the party either.

What he said.
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Arcade Fire sucks dead dogs hogs.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    Duder5kDuder5k Posts: 278
    20/20'd it too. Never heard a single tune by these Arcade Fire characters though. Lemme guess....indy band or something?
  • Options
    This is the most pointless thread I've read all year so far.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    I have to agree

The singer's voice is so frigging irritating.
    I find arcade fire to be unlistenable.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479

we shall see about that in say 20 years!

c'mon
    its cool that you are passionate about them, but thats just a silly statement
  • Options
    soclosesoclose Posts: 628
    direwolf74 wrote:
    What She said.

Thanks!;)

I need to work on getting myself a super-feminine signature. Perhaps some flowers and hearts would do the trick? I feel like I've typed this exact phrase before. Maybe it really is time . . .
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    I agree. it's almost exactly like DSOTM. Overrated and far from their best work :) I only like a few songs on Neon Bible but Funeral was excellent.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"