Options

What band did you think was so-so until you saw them live?

2»

Comments

• Options
    MCGMCG Posts: 780
    Thonley! I was always a Big Wreck fan and thought the Thonley disc was pretty good. He played a small club on his birthday, sick as a fucking dog, and rocked the house! He had to leave part way through the set to go puke so the drummer did a 20min solo, he busted a stick and through it out, I happened to catch it. Fantastic performer though, he is the Canadian Chris Cornell for sure.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • Options
    blackngoldblackngold Posts: 264
    Sawyer wrote:
    Prince
    the guy will blow your mind.........

100% in agreeance. i had free tickets to his show at Penn State 2 summers ago. dude is sick on guitar and damn was that show funky. i came away utterly impressed. he needs to release a live dvd/cd
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Rush...never really got into them much. what amazing talent. i was blown away by them. if you haven't checked out there live DVD's you should.

Rush is my other PJ. Seen em 13 times. Their shows are sensory overload.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    chris05 wrote:
    I'd have to say Live. Liked some of their stuff, but then when i seen them in concert i gained so much respect for them. What a great show and Ed's voice is amazing.

I agree they put on a great show. They blew the Chili Peppers (with a recently rejuvenated lineup w/ John Frusciante) right off the stage at the WBCN River Rage around 6-7 years ago.

I also saw live up at UVM back in 95ish. Their drummer was stuck in a plane because of a snow storm and they ended up doing an acoustic show that was impressive. Then a roadie came out and joined them on the drums for a few covers and they plugged everything in and rocked.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    Gov't Mule @ Red Rocks then even better at the Aggie Theatre In Ft. Collins. Warren Haynes is a true guitar god.

Also Xavier Rudd was impressive opening for Gov't Mule at Red Rocks.

Violent Femmes are amazing live too. I've seen them twice, the second time at Red Rocks.

Pretty much any show at Red Rocks is Excellent. Saw Pearl Jam there for the first time, I knew they would be good.
    "Buy the Ticket Take the Ride" Dr. H.S.Thompson

06/19/95 - Red Rocks:Morrison,CO • 06/23/98 - Fiddlers Green:Englewood,CO • 04/01/03 - Pepsi Center:Denver,CO • 07/02/06 & 07/03/06 - Pepsi Center:Denver,CO thanx 10 Club Countless official & unofficial Bootlegs.
  • Options
    ihavadogihavadog Posts: 146
    wasnt really into the foo until i saw them upstage TRHCP's a few years back
    i want to be enlightened

like i want to be told the end
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,688
    chris05 wrote:
    I'd have to say Live. Liked some of their stuff, but then when i seen them in concert i gained so much respect for them. What a great show and Ed's voice is amazing.

Good call, chris05 and BinFrog. I liked them somewhat and saw them in New Orleans at the House of Blues on The Distance to Here tour. Maybe it was because I was right up front but they were great live. Really made that record one of my favorites.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    KricketKricket Posts: 707
    Queens of the Stone Age.... after seeing them live I like them a lot more, they put on a kick ass live show.

moe. ....fell in love with them after the first time I saw them live.
  • Options
    the flaming lips. saw them the day after seeing audioslave at the astoria (was that '03?). had driven a long way, was tired and didn't want to go but i think they may have managed to eclipse cornell and co..........
    http://www.myspace.com/cellophanehand
    free your mind... and your ass will follow...
  • Options
    Collective Soul
  • Options
    evoevo Airdrie, Scotland Posts: 185
    electric 6. honestly!!

I saw them at a gig in glasgow, they were on the same bill as queens of the stone age, foo fighters and the chilli peppers and if i am being honest they were better than all 3 of them.
    Hail Hail
  • Options
    311... one of the tightest performances live

Built to Spill....Doug Martsch is a guitar god

Pinback...Good melodic indie rock

All of these bands sound better live than on their records.
    Quiet Patriot for the World's Revolution
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    di_jammer wrote:
    I dunno I just thought of this, Im racking my brain to think of my answer. wondering about other ppl's answer

Oddly enough, I used to think this cellist was So-So Ma, but after I saw him live, he was Yo-Yo Ma!
  • Options
    Ltrain76Ltrain76 Posts: 26
    CLUTCH - They rule live....period
  • Options
    katjakatja Posts: 188
    Velvet Revolver!!!
  • Options
    rexdoggarexdogga Posts: 49
    MOBY - Unreal live!
    I've done the math enough to know the dangers of our second guessing.

EF-PSYCHO-03!!!