Options

Red Hot Chili Peppers Stadium Acardium album cover

AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
edited March 2006 in Other Music
according to the newsletter i got this is the new album cover

rhcpcover6yq.jpg

the official site will be posting snippets of the new album as well later today.
LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
YNWA
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    What a ugly album cover, I hope the music will be better
  • Options
    yeh..glad i'm not alone when it comes to hating the album cover haha
    seriously i hope its a joke lol
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • Options
    Till now the RHCP had always nice album covers, I hope indeed it's a joke.
  • Options
    BeavBeav Posts: 223
    Um... yeah thats pretty butt..
    "Sooner or later you'll bare your teeth"
    www.myspace.com/volinic
    www.myspace.com/zane26 (band)
  • Options
    official site posted a link with aboot 30 seconds of the new single...better than i expected so far

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    official site posted a link with aboot 30 seconds of the new single...better than i expected so far

Very commercial video, but so far as I heard the song it doesn't sound like the peppers. But it sounds good.
  • Options
    Klumpie wrote:
    Very commercial video, but so far as I heard the song it doesn't sound like the peppers. But it sounds good.
    yeh it actually sounds heavy..i like it alot so far

YNWA
  • Options
    MCGMCG Posts: 780
    This will be the best May in recent memory... Pearl Jam - May 2nd Stadium Arcardium - May 9th
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • Options
    I cant wait! This is gonna be the best week of the year- Pearl Jam May 2nd,my birthday the 3rd and Stadium Arcadium May 9th! Im so excited!!
  • Options
    yeah, that better be a joke, because thats bland.
    -one thing to remember, always have a good time, all the time
  • Options
    That's one of the worst covers i've ever seen!!
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • Options
    That's one of the worst covers i've ever seen!!
    it looks like something Smash Mouth would do...the more i look at it..the more i cringe

YNWA
  • Options
    link to the 30 second snippet anyone?
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?p=2848604&posted=1#post2848604

The First Casualties Of WorldWideSuicide.....Viva La Pearl Jam!
  • Options
    link to the 30 second snippet anyone?
    try http://www.redhotchilipeppers.com

YNWA
  • Options
    pj_zombiepj_zombie Posts: 272
    That was actually a pretty cool video to just see all the crazy things they've done in videos and live. I don't have any RHCP albums but I do like everything on their Greatest Hits. I may look into this once I hear the entire song or something.
    Pearl Jam Album Rankings
    ---
    1. Ten
    2. Vs.
    3. Pearl Jam
    4. Binaural
    5. No Code
    6. Riot Act
    7. Yield
    8. Vitalogy

Pearl Jam Song Rankings
    ---
    1. Black
    2. Rearviewmirror
    3. Light Years
    4. Given to Fly
    5. Severed Hand
  • Options
    pj_zombie wrote:
    That was actually a pretty cool video to just see all the crazy things they've done in videos and live. I don't have any RHCP albums but I do like everything on their Greatest Hits. I may look into this once I hear the entire song or something.
    you won't regret buying Mother's Milk and Blood Sugar Sex Magik

YNWA
  • Options
    pj_zombiepj_zombie Posts: 272
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    you won't regret buying Mother's Milk and Blood Sugar Sex Magik

The thought has crossed my mind a few times to start picking their stuff up but I'm leary of doing so. Seeing as I like the stuff on Greatest Hits would I like their other material or am I just a casual fan that likes their hits? How different is their other material to it? That's my problem, I don't know if I'm a casual fan or if I'd like their other stuff.
    Pearl Jam Album Rankings
    ---
    1. Ten
    2. Vs.
    3. Pearl Jam
    4. Binaural
    5. No Code
    6. Riot Act
    7. Yield
    8. Vitalogy

Pearl Jam Song Rankings
    ---
    1. Black
    2. Rearviewmirror
    3. Light Years
    4. Given to Fly
    5. Severed Hand
  • Options
    pj_zombie wrote:
    The thought has crossed my mind a few times to start picking their stuff up but I'm leary of doing so. Seeing as I like the stuff on Greatest Hits would I like their other material or am I just a casual fan that likes their hits? How different is their other material to it? That's my problem, I don't know if I'm a casual fan or if I'd like their other stuff.
    honestly..i think they have way better stuff than what you can find on their compilations.

YNWA
  • Options
    Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,255
    thats disgusting, that album cover. still lookin forward to the album though
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • Options
    chris05chris05 Posts: 347
    Yeh thats a really bad album cover. Strange for the Peppers for sure.

Oh well even though i always likes to see a good album cover im sure this album will kick some serious ass. First single sounds good anyways
    Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!
  • Options
    VONVON Posts: 259
    Who cares what the album cover looks like. It just gets me hyped for May 9th!!!!! :D It'll probably have cool art or pictures in the booklet or something. I cant wait!!!!
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    hmm, not really my taste either
  • Options
    rage333rage333 Posts: 157
    I like the album cover! Boring yes, but I just like that the Peppers are doing something different with the cover. Mabe it is a joke?
    "when the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will be at peace"-Jimi Hendrix
  • Options
    keyser_sozekeyser_soze London, England Posts: 205
    AxlUlrich wrote:

can't they put a snippet of their new single on the net!!!!!

fucking sell outs.......
    www.facebook.com/PandoraApparel
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    I like the cover and I think maybe its the band kind of making a joke. Its a double album so maybe the cover is meant to imply it is out of this world or really huge or something...The clip from Dani California is really, really good. I cant wait for this album.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,941
    ugly ass cover...will lollapalooza come to aubrun washington again?
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    The MaestroThe Maestro Posts: 100
    I agree with everyone. The album cover is atrocious, but the little bit of the new song sounds terrific. Anyone know when we can actually hear the entire single?
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    I agree with everyone. The album cover is atrocious, but the little bit of the new song sounds terrific. Anyone know when we can actually hear the entire single?

My guess would be next week since WWS will be available Wenesday for an album coming out May 2 and this clip is made available for an album coming out a week later on May 9.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    well from what i know..Dani California is scheduled to debut on radio in late March or early April

YNWA
  • Options
    KravenKraven Posts: 829
    ugly ass cover...will lollapalooza come to aubrun washington again?

Lollapalooza is now a three day festival in Chicago...Its not a travelling one anymore.
    32 shows and counting...