Options

Chinese Democracy in '06

Spacegrass YetiSpacegrass Yeti Posts: 24
edited January 2006 in Other Music
apparently this is the year it's finally released...i'll believe it when i see it

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/_/id/9155514/&afl=rockn?rnd=1137626272109&has-player=unknown
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    shahrilshahril Posts: 288
    I've seen so many people try and copy Eddie Vedder's voice. It's as if if you don't sound like him you're not a man. - Emmett Roslan

http://theshahril.blogspot.com

London 20/04/2006
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    typo.

• Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    I think a lot of folks are skeptical after ten years...this will have to be some really good music to win people over.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    sadprofessorsadprofessor Posts: 1,033
    I seriously wonder if there is any way in hell this record could even begin to touch the expectations... And even if it is an amazing record, will there be anyone around to still care? Music has moved on a number of times since G n' R's heyday, and for a band with only 3 full albums, I don't know if they are still important enough for people that they will be able to make an impact again today. And then there is the wild card of Axl being a douchebag and fucking everything up even if everything does go well and the record is amazing.... speaking as someone who had tickets for the last Gn'R tour from a few years ago, most which got cancelled of course, I think highly skeptical is an understatement.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    Another thing going against him is not having the core band with him. Without Slash, Duff, Matt & Izzy, it's just a glorified cover band.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    sadprofessorsadprofessor Posts: 1,033
    Another thing going against him is not having the core band with him. Without Slash, Duff, Matt & Izzy, it's just a glorified cover band.

PBM

Pretty much... its like the GnR brand name with a mostly generic product on stage, no doubt they are all capable musicians in their own right, but it is still just not the same.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • Options
    tremortremor Posts: 37

PBM

Agreed. Speaking as a serious fan and appreciator of GNR, they lost everything when they lost Izzy, and they are next to nothing without Slash. Sorum was a spare anyway, Duff too.

Prediction: Velvet Revolver will release a new album before Axl.
  • Options
    That picture doesn't even look like axl. Aside from the cornrows, i don't think i'd even recognize him walking on the street. As for C.D.... i'm predicting about 500,000-700,000 sales. any more and i will really be surprised.
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    i think about this time last year, there was a post called "Chinese Democracy in '05"

and the year before that, there was a post called "Chinese Democracy in '04"

and the year before that...
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    actually Axl never said Chinese Democracy would be out this year..or last year..or any year..its stupid pricks who make the assumptions.
    even in this article...where did he say the album would be out in 06?
    he said music...which can also mean a track thats supposed to be on the Da Vinci's Code OST or some other OST
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    sj_2150sj_2150 Posts: 275
    fuck i have to say this: DREADLOCKS SHOULD NOT BE WORN BY WHITE PEOPLE
    I wish my grass was emo... so then it would cut itself
    http://www.soundclick.com/Arcticangel
    http://www.soundclick.com/Armadillo
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    actually Axl never said Chinese Democracy would be out this year..or last year..or any year..its stupid pricks who make the assumptions.
    he said music...which can also mean a track thats supposed to be on the Da Vinci's Code OST or some other OST

thats true good point, as for sales of the album a million easy. its good to see that he still respects slash but when he says but..... i reckon that means he didnt want to be my session player like the new members.
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:

has he ever said anything as close to this in the psat couple of years tho?
    I've seen so many people try and copy Eddie Vedder's voice. It's as if if you don't sound like him you're not a man. - Emmett Roslan

London 20/04/2006
  • Options
    shahril wrote:
    has he ever said anything as close to this in the psat couple of years tho?
    the last time he commented on the album was in 2002..and he also stated that it wasnt completed...all he said was "you'll see it"
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • Options
    ok..but am i the only one who actually feels like this could be the year?

comments from slash and axl? slash mustve had some contacts with insiders or something like that..he wouldn say wht he said based on nothing..

London 20/04/2006
  • Options
    shahril wrote:
    ok..but am i the only one who actually feels like this could be the year?

comments from slash and axl? slash mustve had some contacts with insiders or something like that..he wouldn say wht he said based on nothing..
    GN'R's management have confirmed that Slash was making an assumption cos there is no way he knows anything.
    and well Axl made the comments cos he was at the party and of course reporters are gonna ask him aboot Chinese Democracy.
    also if it comes out this year..it wont be soon..Axl plans to finish 32 tracks so that he can have 3 albums done so he can tour more...so far only 26 tracks are done

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    GN'R's management have confirmed that Slash was making an assumption cos there is no way he knows anything.
    and well Axl made the comments cos he was at the party and of course reporters are gonna ask him aboot Chinese Democracy.
    also if it comes out this year..it wont be soon..Axl plans to finish 32 tracks so that he can have 3 albums done so he can tour more...so far only 26 tracks are done

all right...u clearly kno more abt this..
    ure singaporean arent u? i thought u guys let go of GnR a long time ago? are there still old timers there?

London 20/04/2006
  • Options
    shahril wrote:
    all right...u clearly kno more abt this..
    ure singaporean arent u? i thought u guys let go of GnR a long time ago? are there still old timers there?
    i am? haha..
    i think every country has loads of GN'R fans..but of course most of them have lost touch with the band .

YNWA
  • Options
    did i mention i can trace ip addresses on this board?

:D

i suppose ure right..but in malaysia ull have to be a mega old timer to be a gnr fan..usually the case...funny..

London 20/04/2006
  • Options
    shahril wrote:
    i suppose ure right..but in malaysia ull have to be a mega old timer to be a gnr fan..usually the case...funny..
    well that sucks then...
    i think the GN'R fanbase is really strong elsewhere...new or old fans..just be looking at the sales of their Hits album.
    this album might do better than expected.

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    .just be looking at the sales of their Hits album.
    this album might do better than expected.

good point..i know a few friends who were not into gnr at all buying the album..
    just the name of it u kno...gnr, nirvana, maybe metallica..these bands have a larger than life aura abt them..

London 20/04/2006
  • Options
    elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    apparently this is the year it's finally released...i'll believe it when i see it

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/_/id/9155514/&afl=rockn?rnd=1137626272109&has-player=unknown
    why the fuck does he need over 30 tracks?? is this gonna be a triple album?? axl looks his age, either that or he's sunburned. from what i've heard of some oof the songs played live it could be quite a record
  • Options
    elmer wrote:
    why the fuck does he need over 30 tracks?? is this gonna be a triple album?? axl looks his age, either that or he's sunburned. from what i've heard of some oof the songs played live it could be quite a record
    he wants to complete 3 albums so that he can tour longer without breaks.

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    he wants to complete 3 albums so that he can tour longer without breaks.
    so you mean 3separate releases? howcome you seem to know so much?? are you his unofficial publicist or what. For him to have to wait until all songs are completed must mean that he plans on releasing them all simultaneously. 2years ago he toured without releasing sweet fuck-all so I dunno why he even feels the need to releasmusic for it
  • Options
    elmer wrote:
    so you mean 3separate releases? howcome you seem to know so much?? are you his unofficial publicist or what. For him to have to wait until all songs are completed must mean that he plans on releasing them all simultaneously. 2years ago he toured without releasing sweet fuck-all so I dunno why he even feels the need to releasmusic for it
    haha...well Axl has mentioned this before..it's always been his plan to complete a few albums before a huge world tour. and yep they will be 3 seperate releases...maybe released within a space of 1-2 years each.

YNWA
  • Options
    he needs to get his ass into gear and put them out, or at least one of them..................will certainly buy any new music, dunno if I'd go to a show. Either ways, I hope he doesnt go strutting around in lil lycra shorts again, that was a bit sad.
  • Options
    elmer wrote:
    Either ways, I hope he doesnt go strutting around in lil lycra shorts again, that was a bit sad.
    lol that i can gurantee he wont!
    nowadays he wears trainers or long pants for live gigs haha

YNWA
  • Options
    yeah ive seens some footage of chinese dem shows. But what the fuck is wiv the dreads, again that dont look good, he needs to sort it as well.l What was ever wrong wiv the appetite look---why ever the need to deviate from it???
  • Options
    elmer wrote:
    yeah ive seens some footage of chinese dem shows. But what the fuck is wiv the dreads, again that dont look good, he needs to sort it as well.l What was ever wrong wiv the appetite look---why ever the need to deviate from it???
    oh man..love the man..but the dreads have to go! but i still prefer the dreads to his 86 look with the hairspray

YNWA
  • Options
    one sure thing as far as im concerned is chinese demo will be better than velvet revolver, with the names involved was a major dissapointment to me