Options

Chinese Democracy in '06

2»

Comments

• Options
    Guns n´ Roses was my band when I was a child, and before meeting Pearl Jam, it would be interesting to listen Axl´s new stuff.
  • Options
    GoBuckyGoBucky Posts: 198
    elmer wrote:
    one sure thing as far as im concerned is chinese demo will be better than velvet revolver, with the names involved was a major dissapointment to me

Completely agreed!
  • Options
    gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    For those who think GnR would be outdated now, there are probably a lot who thought that when Use Your Illusion came out in 1992. Grunge was in full swing then. Pearl Jam, Nirvana, and Red Hot Chili Peppers were ruling rock. I'm not the world's biggest GnR fan, but if you like hard rock music I find it hard to believe you don't like GnR, even the newest version with no original members other than Axl.
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    I've heard Madagascar and it's very epic, but it sounds dated. I hope that isn't the case with the rest of the album...I hope he's able to reinvent himself.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    I dunno, if it comes out, I'll buy it. But I've heard it's coming so many times that I'll believe it's out when I have it in my hands. Until then, there's plenty of good stuff coming out this year to keep me occupied.
    Statistically speaking, you're more likely to be pitied by Mr. T than you are to have feet.
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    well like i said before..dont get all your hopes high cos even in this article Axl never did say the album will be out in 06..so dont blame Axl again if the album doesnt come out this year...blame the press for their assumptions and the thread starter for a misleading title.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    well like i said before..dont get all your hopes high cos even in this article Axl never did say the album will be out in 06..so dont blame Axl again if the album doesnt come out this year...blame the press for their assumptions.

Why can't we blame Axl, Axl? Over 10 years? I respect him for wanting to make sure he gets the right sound, but now it's become almost comical.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• Options
    Why can't we blame Axl, Axl? Over 10 years? I respect him for wanting to make sure he gets the right sound, but now it's become almost comical.

PBM
    come on..hes trying to complete 3 albums...work on the album only really started in 96-99 so yeh..its not as long as people think lol
    so yeh its not so bad..3 albums in erm..7-10 years
    and yeh..i respect him for taking his time..making sure he likes it.
    he could easily release the album tomorrow and make his dough.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • Options
    Time will tell if he still has an audience. Axl has never done anything the conventional way.

:D

PBM

• Options
    keyser_sozekeyser_soze London, England Posts: 205
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    come on..hes trying to complete 3 albums...work on the album only really started in 96-99 so yeh..its not as long as people think lol
    so yeh its not so bad..3 albums in erm..7-10 years
    and yeh..i respect him for taking his time..making sure he likes it.
    he could easily release the album tomorrow and make his dough.

did he not already make his dough?
    www.facebook.com/PandoraApparel
  • Options
    Time will tell if he still has an audience. Axl has never done anything the conventional way.

PBM
    yeh somethings will never change..he always takes his time as well.
    he took like 5 years to complete and release Don't Cry and November Rain.

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    yeh somethings will never change..he always takes his time as well.
    he took like 5 years to complete and release Don't Cry and November Rain.

Didn't you say that you heard an early version of those songs (i.e. pre-Appetite).

PBM

• Options

PBM

I went to his show in Chicago a few years ago with Buckethead and the other replacement members, and it sold out in a few hours...he'll pack 'em in once the album comes out.
  • Options
    GoBucky wrote:
    I went to his show in Chicago a few years ago with Buckethead and the other replacement members, and it sold out in a few hours...he'll pack 'em in once the album comes out.

Yeah, but then he screwed over a whole lot of folks who paid money to see him...

There's an old saying in Tennessee. I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee, that says: "Fool me once...shame on...Shame on you...If fooled, you can't get fooled again."

PBM

• Options
    Didn't you say that you heard an early version of those songs (i.e. pre-Appetite).

PBM
    yep...i did..the Illusion versions are alot better and more complete.
    theres another Don't Cry demo from 86 as well with different lyrics..that one's pretty good as well.

YNWA
  • Options
    actually, matt chord broke this story a few days ago. he was interviewing slash and slash was talking to axl and said it would be out this spring.
    He is alive but feels absolutely nothing.
    So is he?
    When he was six he believed that the moon overhead followed him.
    By nine he had deciphered the illusion trading magic for fact.
    No tradebacks...
    So this is what it's like to be an adult
    If he only knew now what he knew then...
  • Options
    shahrilshahril Posts: 288
    actually, matt chord broke this story a few days ago. he was interviewing slash and slash was talking to axl and said it would be out this spring.

wait...slash and axl talked?!
    I've seen so many people try and copy Eddie Vedder's voice. It's as if if you don't sound like him you're not a man. - Emmett Roslan

http://theshahril.blogspot.com

London 20/04/2006
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    go colts!!!
  • Options
    yes ........the beatles are planning on releasing a new lbum in 2006 as well:)
  • Options
    In the interview, Axl said he hasn't talked to Slash in 10 years.
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    yes ........the beatles are planning on releasing a new lbum in 2006 as well:)

pete, roger, ringo. paul......the new originals
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Another thing going against him is not having the core band with him. Without Slash, Duff, Matt & Izzy, it's just a glorified cover band.

PBM
    not only that but if Axl keeps alienating bandmembers it'll wil never get released. If you were, for instance, buckethead, would you allow axl to use your recordings? i wouldn't.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    The way Axl operates, I imagine he has everything in writing and he owns all the music that has been created by various members of the band since '95.

PBM

• Options
    If you want my opinion, I predict the album to be a total joke...

Instead let's focus on the new Velvet Revolver and see what Scott Weiland and the other former GNR members have in store for us!
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • Options
    elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    If you want my opinion, I predict the album to be a total joke...

Instead let's focus on the new Velvet Revolver and see what Scott Weiland and the other former GNR members have in store for us!
    scott weiland/slash and company have run short of ideas, a little like audioslave if you ask me..they know theres still a market for them and they enjoy the spotlight so.........