Options

The Please God No More Sleater Kinney Thread

outontheporchoutontheporch Posts: 172
edited February 2006 in Other Music
Seriously, please don't let them come back to support PJ for their US tour. I'm seriously tired of hearing Corin come up and SLAUGHTER Fortunate Son and Hunger Strike. Plus They suck as a band. Discuss.
"I forgot the F***ing song."
- Eddie Vedder, San Francisco 7-16-06, after botching Sometimes, the night's opener

http://people.ucsc.edu/~mquery/pics/pujolsFTW.JPG
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    THIS THREAD DEFINITELY HAS MY VOTE!!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    Completly disagree. I can't wait to see them with or without Pearl Jam. Sleater Kinney are like marmite, you either like it or hate it. And I love it!!
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    wash_ wrote:
    Completly disagree. I can't wait to see them with or without Pearl Jam. Sleater Kinney are like marmite, you either like it or hate it. And I love it!!

ONLY BECUZ URE A FELLOW "BAND-AIDE" IM RESPECTING YOUR DECISION!!! :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    That Corin Tucker girl should NOT sing on PJ songs/with ED or on Hunger Strike!!! That's final!
    To the universe, I don't mean a thing, but there is just one word I still believe and it's .....LOVE!

Proud EVENFLOW PSYCHO member #0021.....WWWWAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Amsterdam '96, Arnhem '06, Antwerpen '06, Dusseldorf '07, Nijmegen '07 and Werchter '07
  • Options
    DavanitaDavanita Posts: 854
    totally agree!!!
    i'm very sorry vedder & co. but i rrreally don't like sleater-kinney :(
    i can't stand corin's singin voice on any pj songs...
    Jon Stewart: "[about Russia's new president]...Dmitri Medevvvevv.... Dmitri Meh..... Dmitri M.! Or... as George W. Bush would probably pronounce it... Eddie Vedder."
    to each their own,, but we need some new and fresh opening bands..

maybe Brad like at the key shows!!! that would be cool..stone doubleheader every nght
  • Options
    I admit I have a hard time listening to the band live because her voice goes right through me...but I bought their latest album and it is fantastic...a great sound these 2 women have...
  • Options
    My vote goes for no more SK....i mean, i respect PJ's decision to invite them along for the tour, but my ears bleed when i hear "hungerstrike" on MSG....
    "all that i've ever learned from love....was how to shoot somebody who outdrew you..."
    -L.C.
  • Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,218
    Why not get a band that your fans havent seen yet. I mean I understand that they are friends but change is good. But being alot of Pearl jam fans go to multiple shows and have seen how bad SK is multiple times.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    relax.....don't worry......be happy.....
  • Options
    Woah! I saw Sleater Kinney about two days ago and they kicked ass!
    "...I'll do this one myself.." -EV
  • Options
    bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    Seriously, please don't let them come back to support PJ for their US tour. I'm seriously tired of hearing Corin come up and SLAUGHTER Fortunate Son and Hunger Strike. Plus They suck as a band. Discuss.

boston 2003 was a amazing event over 3 nights... lowlighted by the SLAUGHTER you mention
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • Options
    Say "No!" to crack.
    support The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
    http://giving.chop.edu/site/PageServer?pagename=give_GiveTheGift
  • Options

dang , andy. dang. you know nothing "canadian crippler"... go back to playing grab ass with your friends

Sleater-Kinney is a great band . I would love to see them open for PJ again and often
    holier than Thou
    Bring it on cause i'm no victim
  • Options
    I agree with this...no more Sleater Kinney..

Instead bring Social D in and let them open :D
    Underneath this smile lies everything
    all my hopes, anger, pride and shame...
  • Options
    HebejebeHebejebe Posts: 108
    I like SK but I do think they spoil the songs they do with the band.
  • Options
    First, you should all buy their last album, The woods, I think it's one of the best I bought in 2005. They are really intense, they have their own style, they rock! To me, it's one of the best support I have seen with PJ, except for the Buzzcocks. Supergrass, Cheap trick were both boring......

I have to agree.......I prefer when PJ play their own set alone! Bono on Ritfw in Toronto 2005 was worst than anything I've heard before. Chris Cornell and Ben Harper are ok! I would let them play with PJ anytime!
  • Options
    pazmanpazman Posts: 197
    NY PJ1 wrote:

maybe Brad like at the key shows!!! that would be cool..stone doubleheader every nght

Hell yeah! Stone double header would be awesome.
    My vote for supports would be...
    S-K - considering I've seen them, just missed em at the BDO:(
    The Killers - cause they just plain ROCK!
    Fugazi - come out from wherever you are. PLEASE :)
    QOTSA

and to all you S-K haters, shut the fuck up!
    S-K ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I had it all once I gave it back
  • Options
    Look, this has all been said before. You can't (or won't) get into the great SK sound, and that's fine - music is like food and everyone has different tastes. I, for one, think they are 1 of the top 2 bands playing guitars and drums right now. And you know who I think the other is.

I feel totally humbled that I got to see both in my backyard this past fall. What I don't get is that can complain about hearing Corin sing on Hunger Strike (or maybe the ladies singing on Leaving Here or Harvest Moon or RITFW or whatever). If it weren't for Corin, we wouldn't have heard that song at all! Silver lining people! Silver fucking lining! There aren't many opportunities to get Chris up there, and you complain about hearing a great song that almost never gets played?
    Never mind the fact that when SK is on the same bill, PJ seems to be in better spirits, much like when Ed gets to go surfing earlier in the day. Its something we all benefit from when we're in the audience or ordering the bootleg.

I'm not the only one who thinks some PJ fans can be spoiled brats.

PJ Sparks, shaking my tail for peace and love
    "You can bomb the world to pieces, but you can't bomb it to peace".
  • Options
    PJ Sparks wrote:
    PJ Sparks, shaking my tail for peace and love

inside . very inside
    holier than Thou
  • Options
    Will you come knocking on my door?
    Pull me pick me off the floor
    I might need something to get me going
    Feel it one time IT ROLLS dig it
    When I feel worn out when I feel beaten
    Like a used up shoe or a cake half-eaten
    There’s only one way to keep on feeling
    Move it up one time IN TIME dig it
    This mama works till her back is sore
    But the baby’s fed and the tunes are pure
    So you’d better get your feet on the floor
    Move it up one time TO THE BEAT
    These times are troubled these times are rough
    There’s more to come but you can’t give up
    Why don’t you shake a tail for peace and love
    Move it up one time FOR LOVE
    JANET CARRIE CAN YOU FEEL IT
    Knife through the heart of our exploitation
    LADIES ONE TIME CAN YOU HEAR IT
    Disassemble our discrimination
    When violence rules the world outside
    And the headlines make me want to cry
    It’s not the time to just keep quiet
    Speak up one time TO THE BEAT
    holier than Thou
  • Options
    dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829
    I didn't like Sleater-Kinney that much on the 03 tour, but last year on the mini-tour when they played mostly songs from The Woods, which is a great record I really liked them. They kicked ass in Atlantic City. I say bring em on if they want to come. To each is own I guess-I can totally see why people hate them though. I just happen to like them
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • Options
    I didn't like Sleater-Kinney that much on the 03 tour, but last year on the mini-tour when they played mostly songs from The Woods, which is a great record I really liked them. They kicked ass in Atlantic City. I say bring em on if they want to come. To each is own I guess-I can totally see why people hate them though. I just happen to like them

word holmes

One and one and one is two
    All this and more you said was true
    And if you’d left me ground to stand on
    I’d run so far away from you
    What do you do with a remainder?
    You round it up or round it down
    And if you’re scared by what you’re left with
    Destroy the answer that you’ve found
    You were the one
    When the day had begun
    The sun was shining on us
    Blinding me such
    That I couldn’t see
    There was a hole beneath me
    And then you watched me fall
    With no expression at all
    There is an absolute zero
    But you won’t find it on your own
    Only someone else can show you nothing
    And leave you with a gaping hole
    You were the one
    When the storm rolled in
    The sky was grey like your heart
    With no color at all
    I don’t know you like this
    You’re as reckless as wind
    And I couldn’t predict
    Just the way this would end
    holier than Thou
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    All of you people that are bitching about SK starting countless threads about how they should not open why don't you just show up late? You're probably the same people who want "An Evening With Pearl Jam" so make it happen for yourself! Unless tickets go back to general admission, you need not show up early! To those who say "well what about Ed's opening song?" You're on your own with that one!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    Sweet like my tomato
    Red cherry tomato
    Down at the market pick out the ripe one
    Tempting me sorely I want to bite one
    Wait, save it for later

We had a good time at the beginning
    It tasted just like all the things I was missing
    I'll go at full boil 'til you
    stop stop stop stop me
    Later

Stay and I will make you dinner
    Taste, each dish will be better
    After the first bite say it's delicious
    But then appetite isn't what we'd predicted
    Would you want to heat it up later?

Rollercoaster, want to go back
    to the way things were
    I'm on the rollercoaster, want
    to get back on the Tilt-A-Whirl

I'll be your monkey, a puppy, your circus freak
    Fell the first day, it took a whole week
    Rollercoaster, can't we go back
    to the way things were?

Vertigo is the only clue
    You're sick on me, I'm sick on you
    Rollercoaster, want
    to back to the Tilt-A-Whirl

I'm dizzy and faithless, where is the ground?
    You said this thing would not go upside down
    Rollercoaster, want to get back
    to the way things were.
    All right...

Sweet you're my tomato
    Red cherry tomato
    I know that some of our days are bitter
    Stay with me honey
    and things could be better
    Wait, wait until later
    holier than Thou
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    NY PJ1 wrote:

I think it would be cool to mix it up with Wellwater, Brad, Satchell, 3 Fish, and maybe even the Rockfords....Ed always does his solo stuff anyhow, but it would be cool to get to here some of the other guys side projects live and in person! :)

Scott
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    thatgirlthatgirl Posts: 3,671
    dont forget leavin here...ugh....they give me a headache!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
  • Options
    thatgirlthatgirl Posts: 3,671
    mookie9999 wrote:
    All of you people that are bitching about SK starting countless threads about how they should not open why don't you just show up late? You're probably the same people who want "An Evening With Pearl Jam" so make it happen for yourself! Unless tickets go back to general admission, you need not show up early! To those who say "well what about Ed's opening song?" You're on your own with that one!
    the borgata show was GA, therefore i had to show up early, wait in line, and then continue to wait inside...i had no choice, it was painful
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
  • Options
    I was lucky enough to completely miss them on the 3 shows I seen in 03. I caught all of the other 3 from that tour. The only bad thing about missin them live, is pluggin in a bootleg with Corin singin during RITFW, or any song for that matter. I never really thought about it when poppin in bootlegs and it pissed me off about every time it happened. Her screechy voice ruined some bootlegs for me.
  • Options
    PJ PookPJ Pook Posts: 109
    It's funny b/c I am reading how much people cannot stand SK and how grateful they were to have missed them on the 2003 tour. I am completely opposite. I was disappointed that SK weren't playing at the 2003 shows that I went to. I got lucky to see them 4 times on the Canadian tour. And I've seen them a few times on their own. Not everyone has to like SK, to each their own! I have every SK album and love every all of them.
    There is never a time that every single person will be pleased with the opening act PJ has chosen but why can't we just respect the fact that they chose them and that we are lucky enough to be at the PJ shows! That being said, I love to check out opening acts. I think it can open your eyes to bands that you may not see otherwise so I'm all for whatever opening act they chose. And if by chance it's SK, I'm ecstatic to see 2 of my favourite bands play in the same night!