Anyone Else Just Absolutley Hate Fucking Nickelback?

Comments

• stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    I hate Nickelback but i hate seeing bands getting hit with stuff thrown from the crowd. Dont go to the show if you dont like them and if they are a support band then just put up with them (although i hear recently they've been supporting Bon Jovi, so why you would be anywhere near a venue with these two playing i will never know). Im sure there are people who went to those shows because they were fans, id be fucking raging if a band i liked walked off because people were throwing shit at them.

Overall i think the most important point to be made here however is that Rockstar is a horrendous piece of music.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,833
    Don't even get me fucking started.......I would rather listen to Scott Stapp and Celine Dion sing a duet version of Love Lift Us Up Where We Belong than listen to a Nickelback song! They represent everything wrong in modern rock.
  • DocChicagoDocChicago Posts: 653
    Can't you guys (with the exception of the original poster) just change the station?

Enjoy these times, guys. Nickelback doesn't have a new single or album out. I'm lucky enough to barely hear them on the radio these days. Surely they are holed up in a studio somewhere plotting their next attack.
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
  • stu gee wrote:
    I hate Nickelback but i hate seeing bands getting hit with stuff thrown from the crowd. Dont go to the show if you dont like them and if they are a support band then just put up with them (although i hear recently they've been supporting Bon Jovi, so why you would be anywhere near a venue with these two playing i will never know). Im sure there are people who went to those shows because they were fans, id be fucking raging if a band i liked walked off because people were throwing shit at them.

Overall i think the most important point to be made here however is that Rockstar is a horrendous piece of music.
    I agree
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Between them and hinder on who I fucking HATE the most.
  • Godspeed You! Black Emperor was the best thing to ever come out of Canada musicaly speaking.
  • Don't nickleback have the top two selling songs of this century? Have you seen the singers house on cribs, its massive and yet his lyrics are " I want a brand new house on a episode of cribs". They have two songs that have sold millions, its sick.

This is why I fucking hate them because they suck.
    Peace.
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,972
    If you guys really hate nickelback, take a look at this video. It should make you smile.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7F3O6WYfHQ
    this one's pretty bad too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUli8vf3Bjw&feature=related
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,671
    Feedbacker wrote:
    Godspeed You! Black Emperor was the best thing to ever come out of Canada musicaly speaking.

Yes...They were very good.

Death From Above 1979 was pretty fucking awesome too.
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    Sure, I don't want to hate anyone...but Nickelback just seem to court it. I'm an easy going type, but something about their songs really bugs the arse of me :o
    I was enjoying a cd feast/spree in HMV earlier this year when the song 'Rockstar' came on the pa...I put back the stuff I was going to buy and left, it is just the most irritating song. It's like rock an roll itching powder.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
    jamie uk wrote:
    Sure, I don't want to hate anyone...but Nickelback just seem to court it. I'm an easy going type, but something about their songs really bugs the arse of me :o
    I was enjoying a cd feast/spree in HMV earlier this year when the song 'Rockstar' came on the pa...I put back the stuff I was going to buy and left, it is just the most irritating song. It's like rock an roll itching powder.

Ha ha!

I was recently at my mate's stag do and we ended up in this fucking awful dance club, but I was so drunk I danced to EVERYTHING....that is until they played Nickelback's Rock Star - I could barely stand by that point, but I left the dance floor at lightning speed; you have to draw the line somewhere.
    Its on all the time that song, i dont know anyone who likes it lol. Came on in my mate's car the other day and very quickly he changed the channel muttering '..that tune does my fuckin head in', before i even had a chance to voice my dissaproval.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Gonzo1977 wrote:
    I know this has been talked about before...

But it can't be said enough...

NICKELBACK JUST FUCKING SUCKS!!!

Our office radio station is just fucking terrible today and in the span of 3 hours they have already played at least 4 Nickelback tunes or songs that involve that annoying Hair Farmer Chad Kroger and his god aweful wretched voice.

The fucking station is programmed by our Montreal office and I have no way of escaping this douche bag and his voice that sounds like a constipated duck trying to squeeze out a turd.

Nickelback is easily the worst Canadian Export since Celene Dion.

Let me personally apologize to the United States for my countries tasteless sadistic tendency to unleash this mediocre horrible hack rock'n'roll upon the world.

We should have learned our lesson with Bryan Adams.

The aweful lyrics, The generic paint by numbers pop rock,

It's too much to handle.

Fuck Nickelback...And most of all Fuck The CRTC for forcing Canadian radio and the Canadian Music industry to support this processed can of spam of a rock band.

I couldn't have said it better myself. Amen brother.

Down with Hinder, Nickelback, and all that other shit rock that soudns like one giant shitty band with WAYYYY too many records selling.

oh yeah, and just to add to our hatred for mainstream, mindless bullshit.

can we touch base on how embarassing American Idol is...along with all the other stupid ass talent shows out there??? I'll be making a thread of my own about this tonight...
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • NewDamageNewDamage Posts: 1,913
    God damn I can't stand that band! What's funny is they remain on a label that was famous for extreme metal.
    I am lost, I'm no guide. But I'm by your side...

8/25/92, 10/4/96, 10/5/96, 9/1/98, 9/4/98, 8/4/00, 8/6/00, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 10/6/04, 6/16/08
  • shermsherm Seattle, Wa Posts: 708
    I love when I'm at the bar, play some songs on the jukebox, they finally start to play, and then some douchebag walks up with the "play it now" nickelback shit. It makes me want to explode.

Oh I guess I forgot to say that I fucking hate Nickelback. Thanks.
    Detroit 03, Toronto 03, Toledo 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, Cincinnati 06, Chicago 07, Mansfield 08, EV Chicago 08, East Troy 11, Pensacola 12, EV Jax 12, Wrigley 13, Pittsburgh 13, Dallas 13, OKC 13, Detroit 14, Ft Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jax 16, Sea 18 
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Don't even get me fucking started.......I would rather listen to Scott Stapp and Celine Dion sing a duet version of Love Lift Us Up Where We Belong than listen to a Nickelback song! They represent everything wrong in modern rock.
    Is it me or what that duet be kind of... amazing? Like in a really sick way... like driving by a car crash and not being able to look away.

I really hope I see that one day... I mean... FUCK. That would be something.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Gonzo1977 wrote:

Our office radio station is just fucking terrible today and in the span of 3 hours they have already played at least 4 Nickelback tunes or songs that involve that annoying Hair Farmer Chad Kroger and his god aweful wretched voice.

The fucking station is programmed by our Montreal office and I have no way of escaping this douche bag and his voice that sounds like a constipated duck trying to squeeze out a turd.

Let me personally apologize to the United States for my countries tasteless sadistic tendency to unleash this mediocre horrible hack rock'n'roll upon the world.

It's too much to handle.

Fuck Nickelback...And most of all Fuck The CRTC for forcing Canadian radio and the Canadian Music industry to support this processed can of spam of a rock band.

Thank you, this goes a long way in healing the wounds you have so caused. Also, you need to finallu take indirect blame for Hinder.
  • Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,671
    Thank you, this goes a long way in healing the wounds you have so caused. Also, you need to finallu take indirect blame for Hinder.

I'm sorry but I dont' even know who Hinder is??
    But just by the name of the band alone I can sadly picture how aweful they must sound....It probably sounds like the worlds worst hangover put to music...right??
  • I use to not be able to stand them. Now I can tolerate them for a few songs. The lyrics are some of the cheesiest and dumbest ever and the music is so generic. There's plenty on my family's Ipod, so I can sit through one or two songs. Its just a cheap rip off of the real thing.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • raszputiniraszputini Posts: 119
    They are Creed II. It doesn't get any worse than that.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    raszputini wrote:
    They are Creed II. It doesn't get any worse than that.

Canadian Creed

that is pretty bad.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Look at the way he plays guitar with all this macho bullshit. You could just see this wanker practising in front of the mirror, totally in love with how hot shit he thought he was.

Now what really amazes me is that the lead singers favourite band is Soundgarden.
  • Don't even get me fucking started.......I would rather listen to Scott Stapp and Celine Dion sing a duet version of Love Lift Us Up Where We Belong than listen to a Nickelback song! They represent everything wrong in modern rock.

People pick up a guitar now and think that the image is what its about-like how all these 'punk-pop' bands wear the leather jackets, gibson guitars and get their 'rock' hair style. There are so many people I know in bands for this reason.
    But they have got nothing to sell. Nothing they do is in the least bit cool because there's no substance behind them, they do everything (and wear everything) because everyone else does and probably most importantly they have no message or genuine motivations. Its a total fraud and I find it funny because they totatlly miss the point of what the great bands they idolise were about.
  • stu gee wrote:

Didn't someone once throw beer and Stone in London? Not sure what that was about.

But yeah, Nickleback, It's the guys voice. Actually, it's not. It's everything about them. :)
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Is it me or what that duet be kind of... amazing? Like in a really sick way... like driving by a car crash and not being able to look away.

I really hope I see that one day... I mean... FUCK. That would be something.

Given the nose dive Stapp's career has taken, I wouldn't bet against it!
    Didn't someone once throw beer and Stone in London? Not sure what that was about.

But yeah, Nickleback, It's the guys voice. Actually, it's not. It's everything about them. :)

Did you mean 'at Stone'? Im not sure.

I wouldnt throw anything at a performer. I hate Nickelback so i would never be in a position that i was close enough to them to be able to hit them with something anyway.
  • phatuciniphatucini Posts: 399
    I hate them besause every song sounds the same & they're not even a Punk Band so they got no excuse for being so goddamn boring!!
  • jonbond1779jonbond1779 London, UK Posts: 1,488
    If you guys really hate nickelback, take a look at this video. It should make you smile.

LMAO
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457

yes, this video is really funny.
    That's sad though for the band. Just imagien being on a stage in front of 30,000 people and having to leave because they don't want to hear your songs. sad sad sad. But they are so boring !
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • billyruffbillyruff Posts: 534
    Gonzo1977 wrote:

It's too much to handle.

I totally agree.....We turn off any station that plays that shit..