No Binoculars: Does anybody know why?

2»

Comments

• Get_Right wrote:
    I dunno, if I was an artist up on stage by myself, it might creep me out to know people were viewing me up close, scrutinizing my clothes, hair, etc.

So there should be no front row then?
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,443
    So there should be no front row then?
    no its expected from the front row, and you can look those people in the eye
    different
    even then you cant see like you can with binocs
  • Get_Right wrote:
    different

I disagree with that. Why should the chosen few up front be the only ones able to see them up close? What if you have terrible eye site and are stuck in the nosebleeds. I'm not trying to fight or argue here at all so this isn't personal or an attack on you. This whole issue doesn't even concern me as i'm not going to any of the shows. I just think it's an odd thing to ban and see little reason for it.
  • G ForceG Force Posts: 1,392
    I disagree with that. Why should the chosen few up front be the only ones able to see them up close? What if you have terrible eye site and are stuck in the nosebleeds. I'm not trying to fight or argue here at all so this isn't personal or an attack on you. This whole issue doesn't even concern me as i'm not going to any of the shows. I just think it's an odd thing to ban and see little reason for it.

But what if people don't bring bunokulars and instead bring gunonculars... Then there could be a major problem. I think its best just to not have noculars. People should just use thier oculars.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    fuck the binoculars it's just one more thing to have to carry i prefer to sneak in a bottle of red in a wine sack if any one here remembers those ,plus like someone stated if the place offers to rent them out that is the reason so they can make a few $$$ of the rentals ,that's my only theory on this matter ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Get_Right wrote:
    different

Sun Glasses shouldn't be allowed then? You can wear them and the performer can't tell where your eyes are roaming.

To the person who questioned my farsightedness, despite that, the size of the venue and the amount of 10c people combined with my 10c number makes it such that I can only see people from a distance. I can't see their expressions, lips moving, how they are playing the instruments, etc. The binocs that I have put me in there as if I were within the 10th row. Since I'm banned to get whatever I get with my 10c number, and I don't think Grand Rapids 06 is ever going to happen again (and this isn't the place to discuss seating), binocs really compensate for this.

To the person saying a performer would be freaked out if he/she knew people were staring with binocs. That's crazy. I think it takes a special kind of person to get on stage to perform in front of a bunch of other people. It's art of the profession they sought out. You can't expect to stand facing 18000 people, playing music to them, for them to not be watching you. Binocs compensate for not being in the first few rows. I think people in the first 5 rows see better than I using binocs from where I'm sitting.

I'm beginning to think maybe it's the accident which caused it. Which is sad, really sad. You think about how people have used attorneys to compensate for their bad luck playing the Lotto. Can't anybody ever say, "I screwed up. I should have been looking where I was going. If I were looking where I should have been looking, I would have seen that hose and I wouldn't have tripped over it". Seems like anybody whose pocket jingles gets nailed. Including the guy who added lime to the cement to make it hard. So everybody pulls back in an act of attorney avoidance. No binocs. Great. The most innocent and unobstructing thing one can do at a concert; banned. One could easily add a verse to the song "Evolution" addressing this.

I still don't see the harm in using non-camera binoculars which don't obstruct anybody else's view, that I keep to myself and am courteous enough not to bump them, or anything else I have, into the people around me. I understand most of the policies, I don't understand this one.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    fuck the binoculars it's just one more thing to have to carry i prefer to sneak in a bottle of red in a wine sack if any one here remembers those ,plus like someone stated if the place offers to rent them out that is the reason so they can make a few $$$ of the rentals ,that's my only theory on this matter ...

Maybe the merch booths will be selling official 10-club licensed limited edition signed and numbered custom made Brad Klausen binoculars?
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    The ban is because too many people bring in these:
    http://www.binocularschina.com/binoculars/image/giantbinos/22100.jpg
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    maybe because ever since 9/11 this fuckin country decided to make new rules about everything.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,345

I need me a pair of those for night 1 i am trading equallyworthless and getting opera seats feel all fancy up in the box seats u know
  • KeiranKeiran Posts: 393
    Maybe Eddie is self conscious about the minimal scarring that is still visible from his recent mini-face lift. God, give the guy a break - stage makeup and lighting can only do so much!!!!!!

j/k
    hell - I'm as blind as a bat and even with nocs Eddie would be a blurry little fuzzy blotch on stage - but the hottest blurry little fuzzy blotch in the world!!!
    I wish a guy like Eddie, would like me.