Options

How Do I Purchase Good Pearl Jam Tickets???

mikeyspikeymikeyspikey Posts: 9
edited June 2009 in The Porch
For anyone out there reading this,What is the best way to purchase Pearl Jam tickets when they go on sale. Although I am new to the Ten Club I have been a long time Pearl Jam fan. Through out the years I have seen them seven times. Every time I have went, my seats have been horrible, excluding the fact that Pearl Jam is there. When I go to purchase them, I make sure I am ready right when they go on sale. I have tried waiting in line at a ticket master location, calling over the phone, and searching on the internet. I realize that they sell out quick, but it always seems that there are scallpers who don't even want to go to the show that are getting ahold of good tickets and trying to sell them for hundreds of dollars. If that guy can get them I should be able to get them. I am not rich, but I am willing to spend extra money for good seats. Are some websites better than others? If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.....And if anyone has tickets to the Chicago shows and can't go, I would love to purchase a pair...otherwise I am left spending $300 or more on upper level tickets again.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    Either of the following

1) Have a low 10c number
    2) Go with someone who has a low 10 number
    3) Win the 10c lottery (are they still doing this?)
    4) Pay $500

There's no real way to beat the scalpers.
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    twojawastwojawas Posts: 318
    I've got another way that's gotten me 1st, 2nd and 15th row tix for face value, but if I told you I'd have to kill you.:)
  • Options
    PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    twojawas wrote:
    I've got another way that's gotten me 1st, 2nd and 15th row tix for face value, but if I told you I'd have to kill you.:)
    i figured out it out. you killed people with a lower tenclub number and then stole their id and had plastic surgery so that you look like them and took over their 10club account and took over their life so you are a buncha different people with secret lives
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    PJ_kidd wrote:
    twojawas wrote:
    i figured out it out. you killed people with a lower tenclub number and then stole their id and had plastic surgery so that you look like them and took over their 10club account and took over their life so you are a buncha different people with secret lives

Nope. :) I should mention that I got all these tickets when I wasn't a Ten Club member.
  • Options
    PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    twojawas wrote:
    PJ_kidd wrote:
    twojawas wrote:

Nope. :) I should mention that I got all these tickets when I wasn't a Ten Club member.
    dammit

ok u shuld tell me.

pleasssssssse.

ill bake u cookies if you do. its not my fault i have a shitty 10c number i wasnt born yet when ten came out.
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    No can do. Sorry. I'm just hoping I can pull it off again this time round.
  • Options
    supersonicyearssupersonicyears Posts: 2,619
    Pray
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    I have always gotten decent seats through Ticketmaster or on E-Bay without paying a lot of money. You just have to look harder. I picked up a pair of tickets to Ed's Atlanta night 1 show on E-Bay for 75% off the Ticketmaster price...from a ticket broker! Look hard and you shall find...
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    I have always gotten decent seats through Ticketmaster or on E-Bay without paying a lot of money. You just have to look harder. I picked up a pair of tickets to Ed's Atlanta night 1 show on E-Bay for 75% off the Ticketmaster price...from a ticket broker! Look hard and you shall find...
    It seems like some of the people at ticketmaster are better than others. It is disapointing when you are calling or 1st in line right when they go on sale and can't even get on the floor. One of these days If I can't get lucky, I am just going to have to bend over and pay the money to get the good seats. Thanks for the reply
  • Options
    over_bends wrote:
    Either of the following

1) Have a low 10c number
    2) Go with someone who has a low 10 number
    3) Win the 10c lottery (are they still doing this?)
    4) Pay $500

There's no real way to beat the scalpers.
    What is the 10 club lottery? The Ticket master lottery pisses me off. Once, I waited about Ten hours in line ata ticket Master booth at a grocery store. About 5 minutes before the tickets went on sail, a ticketmaster employee came out and started handing out raffle tickets. At this time I was first in line and there were about 25 people behind me. I ended up being about the 14 person in line and didn'd even get an F-ing ticket. But the good news was that I ended up winning tickets from the local radio station, but even those tickets were not good. I think I will have to pay $500!
  • Options
    twojawas wrote:

Well, if you are ever in the Michigan/Chicago area and you need a Pearl Jam Fan to sit front row with ya, I'll but the Tickets if you can get them = )
  • Options
    tremorvoidtremorvoid Posts: 528
    PJ_kidd wrote:

ill bake u cookies if you do. its not my fault i have a shitty 10c number i wasnt born yet when ten came out.

you werent born before ten? damn i feel old. but at least i got a good tenclub number ;)

just join tenclub and you will get tickets at face without having to deal with TM. only use TM as last resort and please dont go stand in line. you will never get anything good that way. do online and be prepared to hit refresh for an hour to get the best you can! :) or just be friends with someone with a low number...or do what twojawas does ;) i think i know haha im sure that would work too.
    Seems that needlessly it's getting harder
    To find an approach and a way to live
    Are we getting something out of this
    all-encompassing trip?
  • Options
    SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    Lottery System is dead.
  • Options
    ofthegirl75ofthegirl75 New Jersey Posts: 300
    You joined what 5 days ago? Wow. Hope the advice helps you get good seats so you can turn around and sell them on stubhub.

Maybe I'm wrong, but after my stubhub expierience with getting Eddie tickets I doubt it.
  • Options
    ewokpeltsewokpelts Posts: 709
    They release tix day of show. Partly cuz of holdbacks(venue, band, radio,) and partly to burn scalpers.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,075
    twojawas wrote:
    No can do. Sorry. I'm just hoping I can pull it off again this time round.

is it via sexually favors? :o
  • Options
    Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,322
    I just want to point out that the near-impossibility of buying great Pearl Jam seats is a testament to 10-Club's ticket policy.

Yeah, obviously, everyone wishes they had first/second/third row, but to me the point is those seats belong to fans, not scalpers who flip them to the highest bidder.

You have a better chance getting up front thanks to a 10-Clubber than you would via Ticketmaster or scalping (unless you're rich).
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,942
    Ryan_WFC wrote:
    I just want to point out that the near-impossibility of buying great Pearl Jam seats is a testament to 10-Club's ticket policy.

Yeah, obviously, everyone wishes they had first/second/third row, but to me the point is those seats belong to fans, not scalpers who flip them to the highest bidder.

You have a better chance getting up front thanks to a 10-Clubber than you would via Ticketmaster or scalping (unless you're rich).
    I feel bad for the non-Ten Club members. The reality is, there are lots of fans who don't know anyone in the Ten Club. And this board, which is now 10C only, was a great opportunity for non-10C members to meet someone offering their extra single to go to these shows. Sadly, that opportunity is now gone for them. It's a bummer especially when you see people trying to offer their tickets at pretty low prices on gndcd402's ticket buying/selling/trading thread, and having no luck moving them.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    You joined what 5 days ago? Wow. Hope the advice helps you get good seats so you can turn around and sell them on stubhub.

Maybe I'm wrong, but after my stubhub expierience with getting Eddie tickets I doubt it.

If I got Good Seats, WHy would I sell them?
  • Options
    Ryan_WFC wrote:

I have never tried to buy tickets before on this site, but I was going to join a few years ago when Pearl Jam was at the Palace in Detroit. I never ended up joining because I heard that there are only limited tickets sold on this site depending on the venue and since the tickets are sold to those with highest to lowest 10 club seniority, I wouldn't be able to get tickets any ways. i also heard that the tickets that they give away are not always that close. How does the ticket sales work on this site?
  • Options
    Black1991Black1991 Posts: 119
    Ebay or Stubhub but its gonna cost you :)
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    Ryan_WFC wrote:

I have never tried to buy tickets before on this site, but I was going to join a few years ago when Pearl Jam was at the Palace in Detroit. I never ended up joining because I heard that there are only limited tickets sold on this site depending on the venue and since the tickets are sold to those with highest to lowest 10 club seniority, I wouldn't be able to get tickets any ways. i also heard that the tickets that they give away are not always that close. How does the ticket sales work on this site?

Your post a 0 correctness to it.

If you knew about the Detroit show, it was too late to get tix here.

There may be a limit to how many fan club seats they can sell, but I don't think it's ever been reached, outside of these recent presales. The old system was different. 10c tix are always best in the house.
  • Options
    asher7asher7 Posts: 85
    benjs wrote:
    Ryan_WFC wrote:

I feel bad for the non-Ten Club members. The reality is, there are lots of fans who don't know anyone in the Ten Club. And this board, which is now 10C only, was a great opportunity for non-10C members to meet someone offering their extra single to go to these shows. Sadly, that opportunity is now gone for them. It's a bummer especially when you see people trying to offer their tickets at pretty low prices on gndcd402's ticket buying/selling/trading thread, and having no luck moving them.

jesus, just join 10Club, its only $25. Sure you may not get the best tickets at first, but you CAN get tickets, and standing ones at that if theres a standing area. It's a great system compared to almost any other band; USE IT!
  • Options
    Check this post out...

http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showt ... ht=tickets

I came across this when I was hunting for DMB tickets at Fenway for my girlfriend (which I got some real solid seats to by the way). Most of the info is good and I have personally used several of these methods before to get pretty decent seats. Good luck man...
  • Options
    asher7 wrote:
    benjs wrote:
    Ryan_WFC wrote:

jesus, just join 10Club, its only $25. Sure you may not get the best tickets at first, but you CAN get tickets, and standing ones at that if theres a standing area. It's a great system compared to almost any other band; USE IT!
    Don't tell me this.. doesn't the fact that I'm here posting suggest that I might already be a 10C member? :lol:
    What I'm saying is that, unfortunately, there appears to be an abundance of sellers (I'm referring specifically to 10C members with an extra single here), as well as an abundance of potential buyers (non-10C members) who simply cannot easily get connected with each other, due to the fact that this place is 10C only.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjs wrote:
    What I'm saying is that, unfortunately, there appears to be an abundance of sellers (I'm referring specifically to 10C members with an extra single here), as well as an abundance of potential buyers (non-10C members) who simply cannot easily get connected with each other, due to the fact that this place is 10C only.

Sucks for them, but good for us. There's no way to satisfy all fans, but for my money this system is ideal to ensure actual fans in the good seats.
  • Options
    Ryan_WFC wrote:
    benjs wrote:

Sucks for them, but good for us. There's no way to satisfy all fans, but for my money this system is ideal to ensure actual fans in the good seats.
    Truthfully, I think it's too early to say 'good for us'. If I see people having to sell their singles for less than face here simply because no one's biting for face value, that'll be a bummer to see, in my opinion. I agree with you that ideally it's better to sell your extra to an existing 10C member, because you know you're dealing with a bigger (or more rabid) fan who will be much more excited than a casual fan. I've already decided that the upcoming Toronto show will be the last show I ever see with a friend of mine, rather than a 10C member.

EV
  • Options
    benjs wrote:
    If I see people having to sell their singles for less than face here simply because no one's biting for face value, that'll be a bummer to see, in my opinion.

They needn't do that. If they can't find a friend or someone on this board to sell it to they can sell it for face on Craigslist or Ebay, since the ticket will be better than 99% of what was sold via Ticketmaster or Live Nation.
  • Options
    NewmanUSPSNewmanUSPS Posts: 242

This is absolutely true.... there are plenty of seats for both Atlanta shows on Ebay for UNDER face.
    Most people with low self-esteem have earned it.
  • Options
    gonzogonzo Posts: 561
    have really quick fingers.
    peace,
    gonzo
    4/10/94, 9/28/96, 9/29/96, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 10/01/04, 9/15/05, 9/30/05, 10/01/05, 5/4/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/19/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/31/09, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/15/13, 10/18/13, 10/19/13, 10/25/13, 9/26/15, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 5/1/16, 5/2/16, 8/5/16, 8/7/16, 4/7/17, 8/8/18, 8/10/18