Options

How Did You Get Tickets?

mdgsolomdgsolo Posts: 785
edited February 2008 in The Porch
Those who got them? I was logged in 15 minutes previous hitting refresh and when the clock turned :59 to :00 all I got was proxy error after port error. Most of the time it wouldn't even let me back on? Do you all have T1 lines or something?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ArcticangelArcticangel Posts: 1,443
    I have no idea. It was a straight up miracle.
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009
  • Options
    camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    click buy
    i like sound...
  • Options
    mateo45mateo45 the Central Coast of California Posts: 91
    i have a cable line, but i got all the way to check out, bought the tickets and then i got the "can't load this page" couldn't get back on the site, thought for sure i was screwed........nothing in my email, bank account, then about 10 minutes later, i checked my bank account, and it said i had purchased something from 10 club, checked email, and they had sent my confirmation about 5 minutes later.
    "there's no lights by the stairs? oh, they'll be fine..."-ed, 11/4/95 san jose
  • Options
    nuzzer1nuzzer1 New Jersey Posts: 1,432
    click buy

been timed out of cart over 20 times - just lost them when the server went down. really was hoping to make this trip. congrats anyone lucky enough!
  • Options
    i don't think i've ever complained about 10C for anything. but this is FUCKED. every single fucking time, it's a nightmare. tickets in your cart, enter your card info, click submit ... FUCKING CRASH.
    Give way to nature ...
  • Options
    Had the page open,clicked on the first Wiltern show, and the page crashed. Oh well., I didn't get my hopes up for this one. Just from hearing about the experiences others have had with gettting tickets this way. I'll try ticketbastard on Friday..........................
    when you get confused just listen to the music play........

"You damn well can't lick the system,but you can sure give it a good fondeling."-sleazy estate man(Hugh Laurie on A bit of Fry and Laurie)

"Judas Priest on a two stroke moped!"(Stephen Fry)
  • Options
    keep trying!! JUST GOT MINE 1:30pm est
    Wilten Show night 1
    Cincinnati '03 Flooded venue!
    Bridge School '06 Night 1 & 2
    Venice '07 pummeled by the sleet! 
    Nijmegen '07
    Werchter '07
    April Fools ~ LA1
  • Options
    i just got mine too!!! what a FUCKIN NIGHTMARE>...this has to be avoided. worst half hour of my life
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    I know! I pissed my pants and had a heart attack!

People at work were coming to me and I just wanted to yell at them to stop distracting me!!
    Cincinnati '03 Flooded venue!
    Bridge School '06 Night 1 & 2
    Venice '07 pummeled by the sleet! 
    Nijmegen '07
    Werchter '07
    April Fools ~ LA1
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    put santa barbara in cart, tried for LA...said temporarily out of stock. ran to check out with the SB tickets (had my cc # all ready to just paste), got my confirmation and it crashed....
  • Options
    nfanel wrote:
    put santa barbara in cart, tried for LA...said temporarily out of stock. ran to check out with the SB tickets (had my cc # all ready to just paste), got my confirmation and it crashed....

got 1 pair - not sure what date though because it failed like 30 times - i don't want to get more than my quota for one show and haven't gotten the confirmation yet - but my cc was charged.
  • Options
    click buy

word
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    mensanemensane Posts: 912
    you have a better chance with the ticketmaster site than with this BS.
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    nuzzer1 wrote:
    got 1 pair - not sure what date though because it failed like 30 times - i don't want to get more than my quota for one show and haven't gotten the confirmation yet - but my cc was charged.

me too!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    keep trying people. once you sumbit the CC info, i think you are golden even though you may get an error message. check your bank/cc to see if you have a pending transaction!
  • Options
    Well they were in my cart. Now they are gone.... arg.
  • Options
    keep trying people. once you sumbit the CC info, i think you are golden even though you may get an error message. check your bank/cc to see if you have a pending transaction!

problem is, even though i got the bank statement, i don't know which show i grabbed for la bc i kept switching. im terrified i might grab the wrong one and get one set knocked out by 10c. thats assuming i can even get through again.
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    just got LA a minute ago.
  • Options
    MudfestMudfest Posts: 1,015
    firefox with saved passwords sure helped

Muddy
    ===
    "OH Canada...You are so Beautiful when you are Drunk." Eddie
    1993-08-14 Gimli Mb Motorsport Park
    03-05-30 Vanc;05-09-08 Wpg
    05-09-07 Sask Sk;05-09-04 Calg
    05-09-05 Edm Alb;05-09-02 Vanc
    06-07-02/ 03 Denver 1 + 2;06-10-21/22 Bridge 1 +2
    4/3 + 4/2/08 Vanc Vedder ; 6/24+25 MSG /Toronto 09/buffalo 10/EV Chic 1-2
  • Options
    ManimalManimal Posts: 152
    I just got tickets for Vancouver keep trying
    DVD: http://db.etree.org/Manimal
    Posters: www.expressobeans.com/trader.php?id=Manimal&view=4
  • Options
    just got tix for berkeley 1hr 10mins damn thats exhausting, so keep trying good luck and congrats to all who got em!
  • Options
    I tried for an hour, just reloading, refreshing, etc. I was logged out When I finally entered my visa #, I got an error message. Tried to get in again and was unable to even get to the PJ website for another 15 minutes. Finally got back onto the site and to the ticket page again, but Berkeley tickets were not showing up as available. I thought I had missed it, but I kept reloading the page and the Berkeley tickets showed up again as available. Put the cc # in again.. and finally got a confirmation and then an email confirmation followed soon after. Whew! Worth the wait, I'm certain of that.. but my husband thinks I am a *nutcase*.
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    I got a fortune cookie yesterday and it said something like 'Patience... and your efforts will be rewarded'.
    The FIRST time it has ever paid off.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    What a nightmare. Got thru 3 x with S. Cruz tix, but each time got locked out during chedckout after entering credit card.

However, I JUST GOT Berkeley at 11:40 a.m., so a bird in the hand...keep trying people. The message said out of stock several times but I kept trying and got them.

I'd rather have made a weekend out of it at the beach, but I'm amped to have gotten anything, even Monday night.
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
  • Options
    I was on at ten am just like everyone else. Server went down, I tried till ten fifteen. Then I moved on and was reading news stories and celebrity gossip crap. Then I checked to see if the board was back up and tickets too, just to see, and San Diego was up an Santa Barbara. So I got a pair to SD which is all I wanted and tried for. I did think about switching to Santa Barbara but nah, I'll stick with SD.
    Let's see those 2013 dates in the southern states.
  • Options

I have two pending transactions for SD... no email.... phoned the club and they said I didn't get tix... so I sent an email. how did I have them in the cart, pay twice and still not have tix? I thought I had them, doesn't make sense. waste of time.
  • Options
    Urban HikerUrban Hiker Posts: 1,312
    Bulldog tenacity/persistence with moments of patience.

Now I have three transactions pending and ONE (the most important part) confirmation.

It probably helped that I'm a government worker on holiday who could afford to spend the time hitting the refresh button.
    Walking can be a real trip
    "We've laid the groundwork. It's like planting the seeds. And next year, it's spring." - Nader
    Prepare for tending to your garden, America.
  • Options
    My Corduroy JacketMy Corduroy Jacket Austin, TX Posts: 571
    Same thing happened to me. Tried to submit my CC info for both L.A. shows three times...nothing but errors or server was unavialable.

Huge bummer
    Austin, TX
  • Options
    Was logged in... saw it at 10:00... click click click hang, hang..... done! all at 10:01, got my e-mail at 10:02... just lucky.
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    I did ALOT of cussing. It was horrible.
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper