Options

My Friends Just Met The Band!!

Yeild2PearlJamYeild2PearlJam Posts: 342
edited July 2008 in The Porch
Cosmo and our visiting friend Marcia (From New York) went to go check out the parking situation for the show tomorrow.....and.....
it just so happened that PEARL JAM was on their way to SOUNDCHECK! Everyone but Matt and Ed walked out...but COSMO talked to JEFF about the show...apparently they are playing two songs tomorrow....and Marcia got a picture with Mike and shook Stone's hand. There were the regular Ebay dudes there so they were moved along very quickly...but i mean WOW...
they were understandably excited, so that's all the info i got...but i thought it would be cool to share...
I CAN NOT WAIT FOR TOMORROW!

:)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Cosmo and our visiting friend Marcia (From New York) went to go check out the parking situation for the show tomorrow.....and.....
    it just so happened that PEARL JAM was on their way to SOUNDCHECK! Everyone but Matt and Ed walked out...but COSMO talked to JEFF about the show...apparently they are playing two songs tomorrow....and Marcia got a picture with Mike and shook Stone's hand. There were the regular Ebay dudes there so they were moved along very quickly...but i mean WOW...
    they were understandably excited, so that's all the info i got...but i thought it would be cool to share...

i knew i should have gone out there today :(

2 songs!!!!! :D:D
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    Have fun tomorrow everyone! We still need a relayer for tomorrow if your interested, please PM me
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    OMG!!!! Lucky !!!

only 2 songs? I guess i was hoping for more.

any hint of a show tonight?
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,531

so:

1. Love Reign O'er Me

and...

2. ???

To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    wow, everybodys geting lucky these days meeting the band huh?

:cool:
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    Lizard wrote:
    OMG!!!! Lucky !!!

only 2 songs? I guess i was hoping for more.

any hint of a show tonight?
    I was thinking more too- around 4-5. Oh well
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    LukinFan wrote:
    Have fun tomorrow everyone! We still need a relayer for tomorrow if your interested, please PM me

i'd love to do it but i'm a shit relayer....first i have terrible recall so i wouldn't know the names of songs and frankly i get to involved in the show to remember to text something....if there are breaks i will try to post here whats happening :)
  • Options
    100 Pacer wrote:
    so:

1. Love Reign O'er Me

and...

2. ???

2. Baba O'Riley
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    They're playing the Real Me, no?
  • Options
    100 Pacer wrote:
    so:

1. Love Reign O'er Me

and...

2. ???

The Real Me...it was confirmed by a Billboard interview
    2005 - Montreal, Ottawa / 2011 Montreal, Toronto 1, Ottawa / 2013 London, Calgary, Vancouver
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,531
    LukinFan wrote:
    2. Baba O'Riley

well done.

OR perhaps not?!?! ^^^
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    wow very cool!! congrats :D

so is vh1 classic airing the show in its entirety, does anybody know for sure?
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Damn. I was hoping for 4 or 5 as well. All the additions probably shortened their set. Damn damn.

Will still be a great event. Just wants me some more PJ.
  • Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    Everyone but Matt and Ed walked out...

Was there a nearby trailer rocking back and forth?
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    amazing!
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    SDHSClassof82SDHSClassof82 Seattle Posts: 306
    over_bends wrote:

Originally Posted by Yeild2PearlJam
    Everyone but Matt and Ed walked out...

I know that kind of comment really shouldn't be encouraged but..... that was damn funny!
    “Wind in my hair, I feel part of everywhere...
    Late at night I hear the trees, they're singing with the dead...overhead...”
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    over_bends wrote:

HAH!!!!
    Classic ...
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073

You should have been WITH THEM!!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Lizard wrote:
    You should have been WITH THEM!!!!

ugh, i know! She text last night to see if i wanted to have lunch with them, but then i FINALLY got a job (8th grade tell your husband to pray for me) so i had to go get a TB shot and get all that stuff taken care of today, so i passed. So instead of meeting Jeff and taking a picture and telling him how kick ass he is i went and got a needle stuck in my arm.
    GRRRRR
    hahahah, but it couldnt have happened to cooler people!
  • Options
    I would just like to add that they just met TAYLOR HAWKINS (the Foo's drummer) and that there is a crowd there waiting for Ed.
  • Options
    Rjonesrm20Rjonesrm20 Posts: 380
    thats the best!!!

over_bends wrote:
    1998: Indy 2000: Indy, Cincy 2003: Lexington (m.e.o.), Cincy (cancelled),Indy 2004: Toledo 2005: Atlantic City 2 2006: Cleveland, Cincy 2008: Los Angeles1 (EV solo)-front row center!West Palm Beach-2nd row!, Tampa, Chicago 1&2-(EV solo) 2009: Nashville 1&2(EV solo) Memphis(EV solo) Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    over_bends wrote:
    a sign swings on the door, "Band meeting in progress"
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    over_bends wrote:

OMG!!!! that's just wrong! :D:D
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    over_bends wrote:
    aw shit hahahhaha
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585

ok wait... so this in Los Angeles right? I thought they were playing a warm up show in Seattle (Green River) I mean tonight... or am I confused on the date? :confused:
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    over_bends wrote:

And that, boys and girls, was the post of the day :)
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    ok wait... so this in Los Angeles right? I thought they were playing a warm up show in Seattle (Green River) I mean tonight... or am I confused on the date? :confused:
    i believe that warm up show was last night....
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,285
    LukinFan wrote:
    2. Baba O'Riley
    I'll bet The Who had first choice and they'll be playing that one along with the other regulars (fooled, generation, who r u, blue eyes etc...
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    wow very cool!! congrats :D

so is vh1 classic airing the show in its entirety, does anybody know for sure?

I don't know about that, but I saw an ad for it. It'll be on next Thursday I think. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    ohh wow!!

Thats AWESOME!! Congrats to them!!
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz