Options

virginia beach tix already on ebay

Comments

• Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    fugawzi wrote:
    .....but if someone's deliberately violating a policy, why shouldn't they be reprimanded?....
    Would you take that thought into your daily life? Most of us will more or less constantly 'violate' policies, break rules, etc. Most of the time, very petty things - for example: need a bit of stationery at home.. oh! I'll just take a couple of pads and pens from work. You will find that this is against company policy. It can go further by officially breaking the law - example: jay walking - how many of us are guilty of that???

What I think is wrong with this guy on ebay, is that his auction is fraudulent in as much as he doesn't have the tickets to sell yet and he doesn't even know if he will get tickets. That is of course if we go with the assumption that it is 10C tix.
  • Options
    fugawzifugawzi Posts: 874
    I donno, I've never jaywalked or stolen pens and pads from work, but that's just me. There's a difference between that, and the privileges we have to pay for annually. If I'm paying, I'd like for things to be as fair as possible.
    West Palm 2000 I & II/West Palm '03/Tampa '03/Kissimmee '04/Vic Theater '07/West Palm '08/Tampa '08/NYC MSG I & II '08/Philly Spectrum III & IV '09/Cleveland '10/Bristow '10/PJ20 I & II 2011/Pensacola '12/Pittsburgh '13/Denver '14
  • Options
    If ya think this is bad,there's tix for the first night m.s.g going for 32,000.00,no i didnt fuck up with the zero's..It's on coasttocoasttickets.com
    Now we got a fuckin fight up here,what there's a republican in the audience,what's going on? Eddie(Randell's Island N.Y 96)
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    fugawzi wrote:
    I donno, I've never jaywalked or stolen pens and pads from work, but that's just me. There's a difference between that, and the privileges we have to pay for annually. If I'm paying, I'd like for things to be as fair as possible.

The thing is.... this doesn't really affect you in any way except in your moral judgement. What is fair? If he is a member, he pays his dues like you, he has as much chance of scoring tickets as you do. That's as fair as you will get it for the 'privileges'. What he does with his tix after that (should he get them!) is his business. He may make money out of it, he may have his membership revoked (again assuming these are 10C tix), and he may even sell tix he won't get in the end but that is HIS problem, not yours, not mine. Though maybe the 10C may take issue with it.

I don't condone what this seller is doing, but I'm not going to be outraged by it either.
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,838

the book i think is actually one page and here's what it says:

"Log onto pearljam.com. Buy membership. Order tickets."

The end.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,909
    the book i think is actually one page and here's what it says:

"Log onto pearljam.com. Buy membership. Order tickets."

The end.

yep
  • Options
    I wish i had the energy to send that guy a message on ebay and tell him that he is a cocksucka

ha please.

800 fucking dollars..wow
    Adge
    12.9.06= Rockin In The Free World
  • Options
    corduroy10corduroy10 Posts: 199
    Seems to me that there are actually two fan-club members from Ohio going together to Virginia to the show, and that their intention is to buy two pairs, keep the better seats for themselves, and scalp the other pair to "pay" for expenses. Why else would he/she go to all the trouble of coming all the way from Ohio, stand in the 10c line, prove ID, and then not go to the show?

The plot thickens...
    Barrie '98
    Saratoga Springs, Toronto '00
    Toronto, Montreal '03
    Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto '05
    Toronto I & II, Albany, Hartford, Gorge I '06
    Camden I & II, Washington DC '08
    Toronto, Chicago I '09
    Columbus, Indianapolis, Buffalo '10
    Alpine Valley I & II, Toronto I & II, Hamilton '11
    London, Buffalo '13
    Detroit '14
    Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I & II '16
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    The thing is.... this doesn't really affect you in any way except in your moral judgement. What is fair? If he is a member, he pays his dues like you, he has as much chance of scoring tickets as you do. That's as fair as you will get it for the 'privileges'. What he does with his tix after that (should he get them!) is his business. He may make money out of it, he may have his membership revoked (again assuming these are 10C tix), and he may even sell tix he won't get in the end but that is HIS problem, not yours, not mine. Though maybe the 10C may take issue with it.

I don't condone what this seller is doing, but I'm not going to be outraged by it either.

I agree with everything you say until you say "he may make money out of it" Fact of the matter is that he's not supposed to according to the 10C policy. I don't think they revoke his whole membership, but it specifically says ticketing privileges will be revoked. If that's the case, it's NOT FAIR for him to get away with it. It's abusing the system, the system in which we all pay. I don't know what's so hard to understand. If they revoked everyone who does it, I'm sure a lot of people would move up, or at least have less competition for tickets. I wouldn't say I'm outraged, but I don't think it's fair to us, or the 10C.
    West Palm 2000 I & II/West Palm '03/Tampa '03/Kissimmee '04/Vic Theater '07/West Palm '08/Tampa '08/NYC MSG I & II '08/Philly Spectrum III & IV '09/Cleveland '10/Bristow '10/PJ20 I & II 2011/Pensacola '12/Pittsburgh '13/Denver '14
  • Options
    fugawzi wrote:
    If that's the case, it's NOT FAIR for him to get away with it.
    So one feels one needs to 'tell on him'? May not be 'fair' but that's between the seller, his conscious and the 10C. As I said before, what is wrong with this auction is the fact that he is selling and guaranteeing goods he does not have and may not be able to secure. Less competition for tickets? Nah.. Considering the number of members, I don't think the few that could have their privileges revoked would make the slightest difference to the purchases of the rest of the members.

There's always so much righteousness on this board every time someone sees a ticket, a poster, vinyl (eg ITW) being sold on ebay. I say 'live and let live'. Karma takes care of things.
  • Options
    3inputchick3inputchick Posts: 845
    All is fair in love and war.

LOL @ the person paying 800.00

Should have joined the 10club!

See you all at the MSG and NJ shows!!!! woohoo
    A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is one who hopes they are.
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    So one feels one needs to 'tell on him'? May not be 'fair' but that's between the seller, his conscious and the 10C.

There's always so much righteousness on this board every time someone sees a ticket, a poster, vinyl (eg ITW) being sold on ebay. I say 'live and let live'. Karma takes care of things.

ok red. Again, I don't see anything about the reselling of posters vinyl etc and the consequences of doing so, but I do see it as far as tickets are concerned. Sorry for wanting things to be as fair as possible. You're right, Im wrong.
  • Options
    NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    redrock wrote:
    Karma takes care of things.

I used to think it would, but it does not. Karma is BS.

10 Club has sought out resellers before and revoked their membership. Maybe they will catch this person too.
  • Options
    Posters are definitely not for resale

http://forums.pearljam.com/showpost.php?p=5272730&postcount=1

The example of ITW was the outrage of people finding this limited edition vinyl on ebay at inflated prices.

I like things to be fair too, but not being the idealist and more than honest person you seem to be (I've taken stationery from work and jaywalked...), I understand that the result of any action taken will have no impact on my future dealings with 10C purchases - a drop in the ocean.

No one is right, no one is wrong. This is just a discussion and an exchange of opinions.
  • Options
    NeilJam wrote:
    I used to think it would, but it does not. Karma is BS.

10 Club has sought out resellers before and revoked their membership. Maybe they will catch this person too.

Tut.. believe in Karma... it may not come back to you right away, but you have a lifetime before you. :)

Maybe they will catch up with this person.. but again, it's between them and him.
  • Options
    BEnglish017BEnglish017 Posts: 455
    what if we report them to ebay about possibly breaking fan club rules?
    Lexington 4.21.03, Chicago 5.16.06, Cincinnati 6.24.06, Lollapalooza 8.5.07, Virginia Beach 6.17.08, Camden 6.19.08, Camden 6.20.08, East Troy (PJ20) 9.3.11, East Troy (PJ20) 9.4.11, Wrigley 7.19.13, Pittsburgh 10.11.13, Cincinnati 10.1.14, Lexington 4.26.16, Wrigley 8.20.16, Wrigley 8.22.16, Wrigley 8.18.18, Wrigley 8.20.2018, Fenway 9.4.18, New York 3.30.20, Nashville 4.2.20, St. Louis 4.4.20, Bourbon & Beyond 9.17.22, Indianapolis 9.10.2023
  • Options
    BenzorBenzor Posts: 886
    just get over it people. if someone is dumb enough to pay 800 dollars then good for the scalpers.
  • Options
    Do 10C tix have the member's name on them?
  • Options
    JackisBack wrote:
    Do 10C tix have the member's name on them?

no
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    Born2Jam wrote:
    I sent a message to the seller inquiring about the details.
    This is the response I just got:

"Thanks for your interest. We did not disclose specifics in the listing - maybe we should have been more specific. We are huge PJ fans - been to numerous shows and have in the range of 100 CD's. We are fan club members and these are our personal seats for this show. If the fan club seats are handled the way they were for the last show we attended, we will not know exact location until we pick the tickets up at Will Call that day. The last show we saw, our seats were in the first 10 rows with a side view because we have been fan club members for so long. The last thing we would want is someone to worry they have been "burned" and to ease the buyer's mind, we can mail copies of our order if it helps for peace of mind. We would also encourage you to check our feedback. The amount of the auction is to cover our expenses along the way - not just the tickets, but our travel expenses from Ohio to Virginia Beach in June. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email us again. Thanks again.

- september_octavian"

10C really should go after these f'ers.

WOW WTF...

they should get on this.... 10c should contact ebay.
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,807
    nobody likes a snitch..........
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    i have a question....

why do some of you people get sooo worked up over this???...

it has nothing to do with your tickets or where you sit...
    its really none of your business....
    its been going on for years....
    the poster people have been making tons of money flipping posters.....

i mean ....why do you really give a fuck????

i don't care.

i mean, if i wasn't so lazy i would probably be doing the same thing.

it's all about the benjamins.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    SBC03SBC03 Posts: 502
    NeilJam wrote:
    Karma is BS.

ask Earl!!
    See this needle...a see my hand...
    Drop drop dropping it down...oh so gently...
    Well here it comes...I touch the plane...
    Turn me up...won't turn you away...
  • Options
    SBC03 wrote:
    ask Earl!!

:D
  • Options
    gotchagotcha Posts: 56
    Okay, so I didn't read through every single one of your messages, so forgive me if I'm being redundant here. I can't believe that so many people have posted something along the lines of "who cares if tickets are resold, once the tickets are purchased the owner can do whatever they want with them". Do you people have no sense of fairness, no value for the principle of the matter!? 10 Club does have a rule against reselling of tickets and posters. It's true, people break rules every day, but jaywalking downtown is more forgivable than ripping off a fan for personal profit. If you can't afford to follow PJ on tour, don't do it! Don't go into debt for it, don't sell items at 400% of the price just because you can. If that's alright, then I suppose it would be fine to sell crack, if it gets you the money you need to see your favorite band. I love Pearl Jam as much as the rest of you, and if I get tickets, they will be purchased with money I earned from my job. And as well - to all of those who said that this douchebag should be reported, but how?...well, replying to this message isn't going to accomplish anything, but emailing 10 Club will help. That is what I'll do after I send this.
    I hope you people vote.
    "uncanny and immutable"
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    I got he same response. Looks like they lowered their price...

Thanks for the interest. Here is what I can tell you: The reason we need to hand - deliver these is the same reason we can guarantee great seats: We have long been fan club members. We have unebelieveable respect for the fan club, and own in the range of 100 Pearl Jam CD's. We did not want to risk losing our fan club privileges by saying this straight out in the listing, but we are willing to let our seats go for $600, mostly due to the drive we have there from Ohio and some of the expenses along the way. Upon receiving payment, we can provide you with our contact information - cell phone numbers we will have that day, our home number, and in a few days we can mail you a copy of our order if you like for peace of mind. We just listed these last night and will only list them this one time, in order to give someone an opportunity to see the show of a lifetime. Just email us if you have any further questions. Thanks.
  • Options
    It still says $800 on the e-bay site. I love how this guy feels like he is entitled to the tickets, seeing as they're on sale before he even has purchased them. I wish getting Pearl Jam tickets was that easy. And to claim that the tickets are in the first 10 rows is a ballsy move.
    "uncanny and immutable"
  • Options
    gotcha wrote:
    ....seeing as they're on sale before he even has purchased them.
    That is what I find the problem is. He is selling without having the merchandise to sell. I say this is fraudulent.

And as I said before, the rest of the issue is between him/her, his/her conscious and the 10C.
  • Options
    Dude doesn't have a conscience....but he does have a large sense of entitlement. He MUST follow PJ on their entire tour!
    "uncanny and immutable"