Options

virginia beach tix already on ebay

SBC03SBC03 Posts: 502
edited March 2008 in The Porch
See this needle...a see my hand...
Drop drop dropping it down...oh so gently...
Well here it comes...I touch the plane...
Turn me up...won't turn you away...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,537
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    lower pavillion would be 10c tix right?

800.00 bucks? what idiot would pay that
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    I wish i had the energy to send that guy a message on ebay and tell him that he is a cocksucka
  • Options
    Only two seats, Lower pavilion, won't know seat location until the day of the show, and has to deliver them in person? Definitely 10c.
    "Don't lose your inner heat...ever" - EV 5/13/06
  • Options
    fugawzifugawzi Posts: 874
    of course they're 10C seats! "We have no definite seat location, and most likely will not have one until that day.We will have to hand deliver these to the buyer that day. We have attended as many PJ shows as possible for years and the last one we made it to our seats were located in the first 10 rows with a side view." Those are all indications that these are 10C members selling those tickets. That's BS! Taking advantage of club privileges and taking advantage of the people buying the tickets. Someone needs to report this deliberate violation of terms so they can get kicked out.
    West Palm 2000 I & II/West Palm '03/Tampa '03/Kissimmee '04/Vic Theater '07/West Palm '08/Tampa '08/NYC MSG I & II '08/Philly Spectrum III & IV '09/Cleveland '10/Bristow '10/PJ20 I & II 2011/Pensacola '12/Pittsburgh '13/Denver '14
  • Options
    stylo17stylo17 Posts: 1,001
    100 Pacer wrote:
    seems like these could me 10C tix,...

membership should be revoked. this is ridiculous.

if you can't make it to the show then let some other 10C member go. don't screw someone over.
    pjalive21 wrote:
    lower pavillion would be 10c tix right?

800.00 bucks? what idiot would pay that

PLENTY of idiots
    6/11/08 WPB

♬♪♫ and I will not, grow tired of crayon stars and fire

♬♪♫ cause a soldier's death is so much better than defeat just hanging around
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    stylo17 wrote:
    membership should be revoked. this is ridiculous.

I feel the same way, but how would 10 Club ever find out that a person was scalping the tix? Ebay isn't linked to the 10 club
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    i'm geting ideas of how i can pay off my credit card debt...

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145
    Couldn't they (10C) just respond as if they were interested and then say..."Gotcha!"
  • Options
    grjammergrjammer Posts: 385
    GTFLYGIRL wrote:
    Couldn't they (10C) just respond as if they were interested and then say..."Gotcha!"

Great idea! I doubt they will take the time to do it though.
  • Options
    These are probably from a season ticket holder that has the exact same pair of seats for every show that is held there.

EDIT: NEVERMIND WHAT I JUST SAID. NEXT TIME I'LL ACTUALLY READ THE AUCTION DETAILS... LOL
  • Options
    There's a way to find out who it is. If someone bids and the seller requests payment through paypal, usually their name is displayed, sometimes their name and address.
    West Palm 2000 I & II/West Palm '03/Tampa '03/Kissimmee '04/Vic Theater '07/West Palm '08/Tampa '08/NYC MSG I & II '08/Philly Spectrum III & IV '09/Cleveland '10/Bristow '10/PJ20 I & II 2011/Pensacola '12/Pittsburgh '13/Denver '14
  • Options
    Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145
    grjammer wrote:
    Great idea! I doubt they will take the time to do it though.

Exactly. Maybe I should see if they want to add me to their payroll (you know... like a little side job for me...) It wouldn't cost them a lot and I can be their person in charge of busting people scalping their 10C tix ! That could be my sole responsibility.

You guys reading this? ;)

I'd be real good at it. :)
  • Options
    Born2JamBorn2Jam Posts: 255
    I sent a message to the seller inquiring about the details.
    This is the response I just got:

"Thanks for your interest. We did not disclose specifics in the listing - maybe we should have been more specific. We are huge PJ fans - been to numerous shows and have in the range of 100 CD's. We are fan club members and these are our personal seats for this show. If the fan club seats are handled the way they were for the last show we attended, we will not know exact location until we pick the tickets up at Will Call that day. The last show we saw, our seats were in the first 10 rows with a side view because we have been fan club members for so long. The last thing we would want is someone to worry they have been "burned" and to ease the buyer's mind, we can mail copies of our order if it helps for peace of mind. We would also encourage you to check our feedback. The amount of the auction is to cover our expenses along the way - not just the tickets, but our travel expenses from Ohio to Virginia Beach in June. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email us again. Thanks again.

- september_octavian"

10C really should go after these f'ers.
    "This band has provided many people a soundtrack to their lives.." ~ CitizenRick
  • Options
    My Corduroy JacketMy Corduroy Jacket Austin, TX Posts: 571
    "Cover travel expenses along the way"??? That is bullshit!!! Do the right thing (not a spike lee reference): if you buy 10c tix and can't use them, sell them for face to another member who didn't get tix instead of gouging the fans.

Sorry...Duke just f-d up part of my bracket.. Knew i should've picked west virginia.
    Austin, TX
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,941
    i thought this was another ticket broker complaint, but no, this seems like real bullshit here.

ten club should set up a sting on the a holes.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    lokiloki Posts: 40
    This is a broker. Look at what else he is selling.
    6/14/98, 9/4/00, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 7/6/06, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 8/16/08, 8/17/08
  • Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    i thought this was another ticket broker complaint, but no, this seems like real bullshit here.

ten club should set up a sting on the a holes.

Yeah, someone with some bucks should buy the tix, show up to collect them, and beat the living crap out of the guy - AFTER he gets the tix of course....
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    weenie wrote:
    Yeah, someone with some bucks should buy the tix, show up to collect them, and beat the living crap out of the guy - AFTER he gets the tix of course....

Fantastic idea :) if i had some, id totally do this! What a knob...
  • Options
    does anybody think this isn't a ticket broker? I think it's a 10C member.
  • Options
    fugawzi wrote:
    does anybody think this isn't a ticket broker? I think it's a 10C member.

A ten c member no doubt..... a shitty one, but a ten c member none the less
  • Options
    they do have a lot of other random sporting events tickets for sale. And would they post an auction for tix when they haven't really secured them yet?
  • Options
    binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
    Some funny chit!
  • Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    fugawzi wrote:
    they do have a lot of other random sporting events tickets for sale. And would they post an auction for tix when they haven't really secured them yet?

did you not read this just a few posts above?

Thanks for your interest. We did not disclose specifics in the listing - maybe we should have been more specific. We are huge PJ fans - been to numerous shows and have in the range of 100 CD's. We are fan club members and these are our personal seats for this show. If the fan club seats are handled the way they were for the last show we attended, we will not know exact location until we pick the tickets up at Will Call that day. The last show we saw, our seats were in the first 10 rows with a side view because we have been fan club members for so long. The last thing we would want is someone to worry they have been "burned" and to ease the buyer's mind, we can mail copies of our order if it helps for peace of mind. We would also encourage you to check our feedback. The amount of the auction is to cover our expenses along the way - not just the tickets, but our travel expenses from Ohio to Virginia Beach in June. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email us again. Thanks again.

- september_octavian"

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,808
    i have a question....

why do some of you people get sooo worked up over this???...

it has nothing to do with your tickets or where you sit...
    its really none of your business....
    its been going on for years....
    the poster people have been making tons of money flipping posters.....

i mean ....why do you really give a fuck????
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    i have a question....

because if somebody gets kicked out, everybody behind them moves up one. if enough fucktards get booted, maybe people move up a couple dozen spots...

i didn't say this was my argument, it's an opinion about why people give a shit

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Options
    i have a question....

yea speedy, It may not have a direct impact on where I sit, but if someone's deliberately violating a policy, why shouldn't they be reprimanded? Especially when that reprimand WILL have an effect on my seating. Maybe I'm missing it, but I don't see any policy against selling posters above face value on tenclub.net I play by the rules, so does just about everyone else. So yes, I do give a fuck.
  • Options
    tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    fugawzi wrote:
    yea speedy, It may not have a direct impact on where I sit, but if someone's deliberately violating a policy, why shouldn't they be reprimanded? Especially when that reprimand WILL have an effect on my seating. Maybe I'm missing it, but I don't see any policy against selling posters above face value on tenclub.net I play by the rules, so does just about everyone else. So yes, I do give a fuck.
    When posters are sold it usually says on the page "not for resale."
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,808
    When posters are sold it usually says on the page "not for resale."
    yep...

but nobody here seems to give a fuck about that little rule....

hehehe......
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    well where's the consequence for reselling? I see the specific consequence for selling tickets above face value..."Reselling Ten Club tickets for above face value will result in the revocation of all future ticket privileges." I'm sure they didn't put that there for fun, and 10C probably wouldn't appreciate them trying to sell a pair of seats for about $600 over face value. Just my opinion though...