Toronto Pearl Jam Pre-Party & Fundraiser!

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,156
    satanman wrote:
    hmm I'm not that lucky when it comes to stuff like this. oh well we'll see. I'll be at the fund raiser to help out again 8-)

Same here! I'm not worthy to sit up front & close to Ed. I'll probably faint or something. Though if I did & he tries to pass me that wine, i'm so jumping on stage & drinking with him. :P

See you @ the PreParty friend! :D
  • bumperxlbumperxl Posts: 28
    two more weeks to go and i'm in toronto!excited to see the show (and attend the fundraiser as well). c'ya!
  • RD171825RD171825 Posts: 443
    demetrios wrote:
    RD171825 wrote:
    Really lookin forward to this, gonna be in Toronto all day just wanderin around and stuff. Gonna try my best to make it to the party. What time is everyone heading to the venue to get 10C tix

I'll probably be @ the Molson sometime @ 10 or 11am to pick up those 10club ticket's. Later gotta go shopping for poster boards & stuff for the preparty. Though i'm wondering now not to go early to get those ticket's. Being that these are lottery seat's, might take my chances on going after the PreParty & picking them up, not knowing where i'll be seated during the party, or get them and be in awe? *thinking .. thinking ...

I hope to be there around 10 or 11 aswell. I'm taking the Greyhound from Kitchener with my gf. I wanna leave early in the morning so I have time to go pick up the tickets, I dont wanna leave it until later in the day and have to wait in a long fuckin line. That and I wanna just wander around T.O for a few hours.
  • Hey all, I have already posted on the ticket request thread, but I thought I would try here as well.

I'm looking for 2 tickets for the Toronto show (for some friends). They don't have to be 10c tix... and if they are, I hope they aren't better than mine (lol, j/k).

Please PM me if you have tix you need to sell, or know of someone who might.

Thanks in advance!

OFED
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    2 weeks !!
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    :D

If you are staying @ the Delta Chelsea Downtown Toronto Hotel for the Pearl Jam event, Jonathan might be able to try & upgrade your stay. Email him at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:jholliwell@deltahotels.com">jholliwell@deltahotels.com</a><!-- e --> :)
    Tiny evening bump! Don't forget, if you are staying @ the Delta Chelsea, try to email our friend Mr. Merkinball. He's gonna try & upgrade your room stay. Sweet! 8-)
  • demetrios wrote:
    Tiny evening bump! Don't forget, if you are staying @ the Delta Chelsea, try to email our friend Mr. Merkinball. He's gonna try & upgrade your room stay. Sweet! 8-)
    whats his email, ill take an upgrade :D
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
    demetrios wrote:
    whats his email, ill take an upgrade :D

<!-- e --><a href="mailto:jholliwell@deltahotels.com">jholliwell@deltahotels.com</a><!-- e -->

Good luck! :)
  • Got room for 2 more?
    Would love to come, make a day of it.
    Thanks for organizing this, very cool.
  • satanmansatanman Posts: 295
    Got room for 2 more?
    Would love to come, make a day of it.
    Thanks for organizing this, very cool.

it's open to all and it's always a great event ;)
  • ACCBootlegGoddessACCBootlegGoddess Posts: 4,239
    edited August 2009
    For out of town Jammers going to this fundraiser.
    GET YOUR TENCLUB TICKETS FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The first day of the CNE is that day. The CNE is a huge fair located on the grounds adjacent to the Molson Amphitheatre.

If you don't have your tickets on you, you will have to pay to cut through the CNE. If you DO have your tickets with you, then your admission is free. If you do not cut through the CNE then the venue is NOT walking distance from the fundraiser.
    I'll tell you all now...even WITH this shortcut...its kind of a long walk. Even if the CNE wasn't on and you can cut through the empty CNE grounds you're looking at prob 20-25 mins walk to the venue. Add a shitload of people. lineup to get into the CNE, and a maze of games and rides. You will be lucky to make the start of Ted Leo if you stay any later than 6pm and choose to walk.

Not trying to rain on the parade or the party...just letting people know now so that the venue staff don't have to deal with a ton of pissed off PJ fans that night.
    Post edited by ACCBootlegGoddess on
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
    Thanks ACCBootlegGoddess, that's what i'm gonna do. Walk from the hotel, get a sweet breakfest downtown, and get the ticket's @ 10am @ the Molson.

:)
  • For out of town Jammers going to this fundraiser.
    GET YOUR TENCLUB TICKETS FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The first day of the CNE is that day. The CNE is a huge fair located on the grounds adjacent to the Molson Amphitheatre.

If you don't have your tickets on you, you will have to pay to cut through the CNE. If you DO have your tickets with you, then your admission is free. If you do not cut through the CNE then the venue is NOT walking distance from the Venue.
    I'll tell you all now...even WITH this shortcut...its kind of a long walk. Even if the CNE wasn't on and you can cut through the empty CNE grounds you're looking at prob 20-25 mins walk to the venue. Add a shitload of people. lineup to get into the CNE, and a maze of games and rides. You will be lucky to make the start of Ted Leo if you stay any later than 6pm and choose to walk.

Not trying to rain on the parade or the party...just letting people know now so that the venue staff don't have to deal with a ton of pissed off PJ fans that night.
    Thanks for the tip, Mel! It will be great seeing you again!
    I wish I were the verb "to trust" and never let you down
    *bump

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=98435

.. just sayin'

;)
  • Hey thanks for the info on the room upgrade!! Super sweet!! Hopefully i will make it to the fundraiser, i am driving from Erie that day...
    amberpfunk wrote:
    Hey thanks for the info on the room upgrade!! Super sweet!! Hopefully i will make it to the fundraiser, i am driving from Erie that day...

Anytime! Hope to see you there! :)
  • Dirty TomDirty Tom Posts: 883
    Only 10 more days!!!!!
    http://www.fancorps.com/wishlistfoundation/view/25753|187003.jpg

"This is the greatest band in the world"---Ben Harper

Dirty Tom wrote:
    Only 10 more days!!!!!

The goosebump's have already started. Well a few day's ago, but who's counting! :mrgreen:
  • ParksyParksy Posts: 1,745
    It crept up awfully fast in the greatest way.

Ten glorious days. I'm optimistically hoping that this will be a SWEET show. If it's even near 2003's Molson Amp show... then we're in for a treat.

Not too stoked about Ted Leo... but that'll give more time to throw back a few brews. :)

(for anyone who went to 2003...)

Do you remember seeing #93 Doug Gilmour :) I have a feeling we'll see some more CND celebs/NHLers at the show.

Peace and Love
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • ArcticangelArcticangel Posts: 1,443
    I can't even believe how close it is!!!
    Wahoo Toronto here we come!
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009

dj.gif
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    oh yeah

it's getting exciting !!!
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • nevmilesnevmiles Posts: 1,363
    demetrios wrote:
    nevmiles wrote:
    Will try to come to the Brazen Head for some pre-show drinkies . . . depends if the guy I'm taking with me wants to/can - he lives in T.O and I'm coming in from Ottawa, so not sure if he's working or whatever . . . hope to see you all there - getting pumped for the show . . . :o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

Let ya friend know it's gonna be an amazing preparty. I'll also have some freebie goodies on the side for ya's. Though you must let me know that you're coming! ;)

Awesome . . . I'm really gonna push the idea of hitting the Brazen Head beforehand even if it's only for a bit . . . . I'm in total Pearl Jam concert mode at the moment . . . the waiting is driving me mad ;)
    Barrie 08/22/98
    Montreal 10/04/00
    Toronto 10/05/00
    Toronto 06/28/03
    Kitchener 09/11/05
    Ottawa 09/16/05
    Toronto 08/21/09
    Toronto 09/11/11
    Ottawa 09/14/11
    Buffalo 10/12/13
    Ottawa 05/08/16
    Chicago 08/20/18
    Ottawa 09/03/22
    Nashville 09/16/22

I'm getting nervous/anxious thinking about it :)

So stoked!!!!!!!!!
    Barrie 08/22/98
    Montreal 10/04/00
    Toronto 10/05/00
    Toronto 06/28/03
    Kitchener 09/11/05
    Ottawa 09/16/05
    Toronto 08/21/09
    Toronto 09/11/11
    Ottawa 09/14/11
    Buffalo 10/12/13
    Ottawa 05/08/16
    Chicago 08/20/18
    Ottawa 09/03/22
    Nashville 09/16/22

I JUST realized this today . . . ugh. That's going to make Ontario Place absolutely CRAZY on the night of the concert (read: HUGE crowds/lineups to get in). NOT looking forward to that . . . it may also make driving to the venue in the morning to pick up your tix a bit more of a hassle b/c of parking/traffic etc . . . which is what I am going to do coming from Ottawa.
    Barrie 08/22/98
    Montreal 10/04/00
    Toronto 10/05/00
    Toronto 06/28/03
    Kitchener 09/11/05
    Ottawa 09/16/05
    Toronto 08/21/09
    Toronto 09/11/11
    Ottawa 09/14/11
    Buffalo 10/12/13
    Ottawa 05/08/16
    Chicago 08/20/18
    Ottawa 09/03/22
    Nashville 09/16/22
  • Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,341
    demetrios wrote:

Whoah! Many thanks to Demetrios and of course Mr. Merkinball!
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
    Ryan_WFC wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

Whoah! Many thanks to Demetrios and of course Mr. Merkinball!

thumbsup.gif
  • honestly, has anyone email tenclub about this lottery on the tix. they stated that the toronto show was going to be a lottery for rows 1, and 10. and the rest are by seniority.
    let me email them, ill get back to you all. :evil:
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
    honestly, has anyone email tenclub about this lottery on the tix. they stated that the toronto show was going to be a lottery for rows 1, and 10. and the rest are by seniority.
    let me email them, ill get back to you all. :evil:

I thought it was for row 1 & 2, 9 & 10. It's the norm now for all Pearl Jam show's. I don't mind it. Though wish that somebody I win a lottery gig (never that lucky), to sit up front to see my band @ work. *continues to dream