Options

something that needs to be said

124»

Comments

• Options
    i am a targeti am a target Posts: 803
    chnact wrote:
    isn't the point of running a business (which pearl jam is) ...to make money?

yes sir it is!

that's what i always figured. when you mix art and entertainment you're going to incur costs. the sense of entitlement pearl jam fans is sickening at times. if you don't like the way a business is run ... don't frequent it. but if you're going to bitch and complain and keep going then i don't want to hear it.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    i for one don't find these tickets to be expensive at all ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    yeah what do i know, i only have first hand music industry experience.. :roll:

I wasn't necessarily disagreeing with you, just making other points. I think the idea that EVERY band only makes like a quarter an album sale is absurd, though. Maybe I've seen some wrong information along the line, but once a band gets established don't they usually renegotiate their deals? You don't think PJ make plenty of dough off of album sales to live a comfortable lifestyle?
  • Options
    If I start to get "itchy" about the ticket prices, I try to imagine how much my seats would cost if ten club didn't exist. More than 75 bucks.

There are other ways to get tickets, explore them. But I presume I'll see you at the next pj show in your ten club seats. The greatest way to whine about the ten club...revoke your membership. Easy as pie, they'll get the message and we won't have to hear ya.
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    Get_Right wrote:
    spend two hours with me and it will cost you $700 and you wont have a good time :lol:

PJ does make an effort to keep prices down
    try to buy a bruce, neil, who, Van Morrison, eagles, u2, allman brothers, steely dan or dead ticket for less than $100
    you cant
    i saw bruce the past monday and it cost 75 bucks and he put on a 3hr 10 min show.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    dislocateddislocated Posts: 599
    I just paid 50/ea for Korn tickets, but at least they're playing in a nightclub.

74 for PJ, I would have paid more...& i lost 1/3 of my pay in Jan.
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    i for one don't find these tickets to be expensive at all ....

+1

and im broke 8-)
  • Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    I spent $2100 for four Stones tickets in 2006 to be on the "B" Stage and was happy to do so! And yes, that was face value........I'd now like to read more about the outrage of charging $74ea for Pearl Jam tickets.....
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    lukin14lukin14 Posts: 287
    demay wrote:

Combine that with this new militant 10c policy that if you don't renew within 90 days or so, and they revoke your seniority, something they haven't done in the past.

This is entirely fair. Keeps people from letting their memberships lapse in the off years and renewing only when there is rumours of an album/tour and keeping seniority even though there are more holes in their membership timeline than swiss cheese.
    life is the study of dyin'
    and how to do it right
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    metsfan wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:
    spend two hours with me and it will cost you $700 and you wont have a good time :lol:

PJ does make an effort to keep prices down
    try to buy a bruce, neil, who, Van Morrison, eagles, u2, allman brothers, steely dan or dead ticket for less than $100
    you cant
    i saw bruce the past monday and it cost 75 bucks and he put on a 3hr 10 min show.
    cheap seats?