A GAME OF THRONES - Discussion Thread

15681011104

Comments

  • AtPeacewithMyLustAtPeacewithMyLust Louisville,KY to TorontoPosts: 124
    Last Sunday my husband says."Hey honey, isn't tonight, the night, your show, Crown of Thornes comes on?" and yes, he is a fan, of the band, but not the series. I am looking forward to reading the books. I am really enjoying Sunday nights now! I have watched all the episodes, and am trying to keep up with everything that is going on.
    1st show-1995 Soldier Field
    10th show-2005 Thunder Bay,ON
    40th show-2012 Berlin II
    50th show-2014 Amsterdam II
    57th show-Moline,IL
    58th show-Mexico City
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,667
    Finally watched last week's show. It continues to be great. I thought something else big would happen at the end of this episode, but it was still cool to see Viserys get it. They are doing a fantastic job of keeping it faithful to the books. Speaking of which, I'm 30 pages from finishing book 2 and then am moving to book 3!
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 21,040
    Nice to see a thread on this show, have been watching from the start..........find its a really good show. I love HBO :D
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
  • oona leftoona left Posts: 1,666
    This show is so incredibly good.

    What are we, 6 episodes in? I found myself watching 1-5 again because I was having a hard time keeping track of several characters that are spoken about, but we haven't seen (that's what I get for watching them too late at night the first time around).

    I haven't read the books, so I have no idea where it's all going. But from what they've established so far, I can see it going on for a quite a while :)
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,174
    The only thing I don't like about the show is that 10 episodes are WAY too few to address all the plot details in the book. Though they are doing a good job with what is being shown, it just seems rushed to me. I don't know why HBO is limiting them because 12 or 13 episodes would be so much better!
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

    EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,215
    jervin007 wrote:
    The only thing I don't like about the show is that 10 episodes are WAY too few to address all the plot details in the book. Though they are doing a good job with what is being shown, it just seems rushed to me. I don't know why HBO is limiting them because 12 or 13 episodes would be so much better!
    Agreed. I have not clue how they are going to wrap this up in 3 episodes

    That said holy shit last weeks was really good. So many awesome things happened.
    NED?!?! Played by Cersie. It seems the show has made Cersie a little more sympathetic then the books but she went full on Bitch this episode which is the Cersie I know and Hate.

    Loved Khal Drogo's speech. Very passionate so well done.

    I can't wait to get this on DVD and watch the season all the way through again.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan MarylandPosts: 9,302
    intodeep wrote:
    jervin007 wrote:
    The only thing I don't like about the show is that 10 episodes are WAY too few to address all the plot details in the book. Though they are doing a good job with what is being shown, it just seems rushed to me. I don't know why HBO is limiting them because 12 or 13 episodes would be so much better!
    Agreed. I have not clue how they are going to wrap this up in 3 episodes

    That said holy shit last weeks was really good. So many awesome things happened.
    NED?!?! Played by Cersie. It seems the show has made Cersie a little more sympathetic then the books but she went full on Bitch this episode which is the Cersie I know and Hate.

    Loved Khal Drogo's speech. Very passionate so well done.

    I can't wait to get this on DVD and watch the season all the way through again.

    +1, will have the dvd's to watch again too. I think HBO had 10 episodes since they did not know how it would work out, but it seems the rating have surpassed anything they hoped for.

    It was awesome seeing everything hit the fan. The next 3 episodes should be intense.

    The opening scene watching Jamie getting put in his place was awesome. All while cleaning that animal.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,215
    Oh yes i liked that Tywin was cleaning a Stag :)

    George RR Martin wrote the screen play for next week's episode 8 "Stick em with the Pointy End"

    It should be good. Hell they all shoudl be great moving forward as they wrap of the first book.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 12,542
    I watched #7 last night. :o Awesome!!!!!

    Ned got played bigtime! I knew Littlefinger was not to be trusted, but I didn't think he'd do that! I hope he gets what's coming to him!
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    duggro wrote:

    Brilliant! It's like Sharpe humped LotR and gave me an awesome baby.

    That's a fantastic description. Although it reminds me more of Cornwell's Saxon series than Sharpe.

    The cast will be at San Diego Comic Con this year, from the rumors I've read. I'm guessing that will be a tough panel to get into.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

    http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,215
    That is cool. I keep hoping they will be announced to go to dragoncon but I doubt that would happen I would love to hear them talk. I know grrm will be at comic con so it makes sense to try to get more of the cast
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
  • I am almost positive that next season will be 12/13 episodes.

    Also, GRRM said in an interview that if they make it that far, he has already been pushing for ASOS to be 18-20 and have a break in the middle after 10 and come back 3 months later for the rest.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan MarylandPosts: 9,302
    I think I have also read, that the ratings for GOT has increased almost every week since the 1st episode, which is pretty remarkable
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,215
    I think I have also read, that the ratings for GOT has increased almost every week since the 1st episode, which is pretty remarkable
    They were going up until episode 6 when they went down slightly. I have not seen what they were for episode 7.

    Also HBO has already said season 2 will only be 10 episodes :(

    I think it has to do with budget.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 12,542
    intodeep wrote:
    I think I have also read, that the ratings for GOT has increased almost every week since the 1st episode, which is pretty remarkable
    They were going up until episode 6 when they went down slightly. I have not seen what they were for episode 7.

    Also HBO has already said season 2 will only be 10 episodes :(

    I think it has to do with budget.

    That's crazy that it was going up UNTIL episode 6!! :? That's when it really started getting good!
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,215
    mca47 wrote:
    intodeep wrote:
    I think I have also read, that the ratings for GOT has increased almost every week since the 1st episode, which is pretty remarkable
    They were going up until episode 6 when they went down slightly. I have not seen what they were for episode 7.

    Also HBO has already said season 2 will only be 10 episodes :(

    I think it has to do with budget.

    That's crazy that it was going up UNTIL episode 6!! :? That's when it really started getting good!
    With last weekend being a holiday weekend and the hbo go thing i think it i will be interesting to see how it pans out now going back to a normal schedule.

    Ep 1-4 were setting things up
    5-7 was the begining
    8-10 hold on to your seats shits about to hit the fan

    So we'll see what happens this week. It should be awesome GRRM is writing it himself and a lot of critical shit happens in this episode.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,667
    merkinball wrote:
    duggro wrote:

    Brilliant! It's like Sharpe humped LotR and gave me an awesome baby.

    That's a fantastic description. Although it reminds me more of Cornwell's Saxon series than Sharpe.

    The cast will be at San Diego Comic Con this year, from the rumors I've read. I'm guessing that will be a tough panel to get into.

    Sorry, who is Sharpe?
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,215
    This may have been my favorite one.

    The syrio fight scene was great, Drogo taking that guy on one on one was sweet, meeting Jon Umber who is one of my fav minor roles, but nothing beats Rob telling the spy to go back to tywin and tell him "winter is coming" that was awesome.

    oh and direwolves! finally ghost getsa little more screen time.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan MarylandPosts: 9,302
    intodeep wrote:
    This may have been my favorite one.

    The syrio fight scene was great, Drogo taking that guy on one on one was sweet, meeting Jon Umber who is one of my fav minor roles, but nothing beats Rob telling the spy to go back to tywin and tell him "winter is coming" that was awesome.

    oh and direwolves! finally ghost getsa little more screen time.

    Yeah, it was a great episode. Martin did really well with it. I can't wait to see what how they do the wolves when they are fully grown.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • smarcheesmarchee Windsor, OntarioPosts: 14,536
    go Rob Stark

    wow, I am so into this show, great episode last night
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
  • It is official. Rickon is on the show. ;)
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,667
    It is official. Rickon is on the show. ;)

    That's funny. My wife is reading the first book and the other day she asked me, "Who is this Rickon?"
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • EnkiduEnkidu So CalPosts: 2,958
    I love this show so much I can't stand it. It's like it gets better and better and better each episode. I bought the first two books, can't wait to read them.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,215
    Ratings hit an all time high of 2.7 mil for just the 9pm EST viewing. total views over 8mil i think.

    Not groundbreaking but good numbers.

    I need more people to start watching or i'm going to cut their manhood off and feed it to goats.

    I want so many people watching it will guarantee we get season 3 and 4 which it will take to get through book 3.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan MarylandPosts: 9,302
    intodeep wrote:
    Ratings hit an all time high of 2.7 mil for just the 9pm EST viewing. total views over 8mil i think.

    Not groundbreaking but good numbers.

    I need more people to start watching or i'm going to cut their manhood off and feed it to goats.

    I want so many people watching it will guarantee we get season 3 and 4 which it will take to get through book 3.

    If the ratings stay close to that in season 2, I think season 3 will be a lock. I just hope the long break inbetween seasons does not hurt them.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,667
    intodeep wrote:
    Ratings hit an all time high of 2.7 mil for just the 9pm EST viewing. total views over 8mil i think.

    Not groundbreaking but good numbers.

    I need more people to start watching or i'm going to cut their manhood off and feed it to goats.

    I want so many people watching it will guarantee we get season 3 and 4 which it will take to get through book 3.

    Do they factor in people that DVR it or watch it on demand? I rarely watch it when it is airing, and even if I do, like last week, I started it on tape after it had already started.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan MarylandPosts: 9,302
    rrivers wrote:
    intodeep wrote:
    Ratings hit an all time high of 2.7 mil for just the 9pm EST viewing. total views over 8mil i think.

    Not groundbreaking but good numbers.

    I need more people to start watching or i'm going to cut their manhood off and feed it to goats.

    I want so many people watching it will guarantee we get season 3 and 4 which it will take to get through book 3.

    Do they factor in people that DVR it or watch it on demand? I rarely watch it when it is airing, and even if I do, like last week, I started it on tape after it had already started.

    I think I read that DVR numbers don't count towards ratings yet, but are to be implemented starting this fall for TV shows. Not sure if this is the same for cable or not. I'm sure they have the DVR numbers though, which probably adds to it. I usually watch it on DVR as well.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,215
    I am not an expert but i think the overall views that are usually in the upper 8-9 million for GoT facors in DVR watches. I'm not positive though so don't quote me on that.

    So next week Ned's in jail, Rob's going to war, Jon just got attacked by a wight and need to deal with the aftermaht of that, and the Khal and his army are marching to the sea.

    oh and what is arya to do after her first kill?

    Should be a pretty exciting episode.. :D
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 12,542
    I was really sad when sword fighter/dancer guy got killed. :(
    I loved seeing him destroy those guards...too bad he didn't have a real sword!!
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,729
    smarchee wrote:
    go Rob Stark

    wow, I am so into this show, great episode last night

    i'm with you ! this show kicks ass...
    however, im not too fond of the super natural element...the whitewalkers dont add anything to the plot...i think it's good enough without the zombies
Sign In or Register to comment.