Options

Travel for Europe Dates

2»

Comments

• Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    Jennytree wrote:
    For me, the cheapest way from Berlin to Manchester was Ryanair from Berlin to Dusseldorf and then on to Manchester. Cos about €48 in total, and gets to Manchester around midday on the 16th Aug.
    I just booked those 2 flights as well :) Its the cheapest way.
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    JazzmannJazzmann Posts: 98
    Where can you book seats on a bus between Rotterdam and Berlin on the 14th?
  • Options
    fortyshadesfortyshades Posts: 1,834
    Oxxys wrote:
    Can someone help me out on ideas for getting from show to show in Europe as cheaply as possible.

For example:

Dublin to Rotterdam (if its easier maybe Dublin to London to Rotterdam)

Rotterdam to Berlin

Berlin to Manchester

Eurolines is pretty cheap. (Eurolines is the European version of the Greyhound.) But fully booked I just saw. (Maybe from Berlin to Manchester?) I go by train. If you're looking for a cheap hotel, check out All In Hostel. Is also in a very nice area of Berlin.
  • Options
    JazzmannJazzmann Posts: 98
    Oxxys wrote:
    Can someone help me out on ideas for getting from show to show in Europe as cheaply as possible.

For example:

Rotterdam to Berlin

Berlin to Manchester

Eurolines is pretty cheap. (Eurolines is the European version of the Greyhound.) But fully booked I just saw. (Maybe from Berlin to Manchester?) I go by train. If you're looking for a cheap hotel, check out All In Hostel. Is also in a very nice area of Berlin.

Yeah seems like it's fully booked... Do you know any other bus companys? Semms like train is like 250 euro, and that's more than twice as much as I pay for sweden->rotterdam and berlin->sweden together.
  • Options
    fortyshadesfortyshades Posts: 1,834
    Jazzmann wrote:
    Oxxys wrote:

For example:

Rotterdam to Berlin

Berlin to Manchester

Yeah seems like it's fully booked... Do you know any other bus companys? Semms like train is like 250 euro, and that's more than twice as much as I pay for sweden->rotterdam and berlin->sweden together.

For some unknown reason the train is rrreallly expensive in Holland. It's ridicilious. What you can look at though is the kind of train. You have the High Speed train, but you also have the "normal" train. That may be cheaper, but it will take twice as long. (I take the High Speed train.) I do not know about any other bus company.

Take a look at the following site:

www.ns.nl. There must be an English button there somewhere. They might help you. You can also check out various travel agents. "D-reizen" and/or Neckermann. You'll probably have to pay commission, but they sometimes organize bus trips. The best thing is to Google them.