Options

Travel for Europe Dates

InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
edited June 2009 in The Porch
Can someone help me out on ideas for getting from show to show in Europe as cheaply as possible.

For example:

Dublin to Rotterdam (if its easier maybe Dublin to London to Rotterdam)

Rotterdam to Berlin

Berlin to Manchester
Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    No Love?
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    Blacky007Blacky007 Posts: 2
    Hi Oxxys.
    Take a Northwest flight to Amsterdam from the US.
    From Amsterdam you can easily travel to Rotterdam by train or bus.
    From Rotterdam to Berlin by bus. Or you take the train if there is a direct connection. Or you try to hitchhike, you have almost 2 days to do so :-)
    From Berlin to Manchester check the flight connections with AirBerlin, Ryan Air, Lufthansa, etc.
    From Manchester it's easy to travel to London, best way is to take the train, there are several direct connections.
    Have fun!
  • Options
    burnsburns Posts: 109
    Hey,
    if you need a ride from Rotterdam to Berlin, let me know. I leave Rotterdam straight after the show by car.
    cheers
  • Options
    Blacky007 wrote:
    Hi Oxxys.
    From Rotterdam to Berlin by bus. Or you take the train if there is a direct connection. Or you try to hitchhike, you have almost 2 days to do so :-)
    From Berlin to Manchester check the flight connections with AirBerlin, Ryan Air, Lufthansa, etc.
    From Manchester it's easy to travel to London, best way is to take the train, there are several direct connections.
    Have fun!

Thanks man. Unfortunately, I will be flying into Dublin from New York, since it is much cheaper. How should I go about getting from Dublin to Rotterdam it seems most of the flight websites you suggested don't offer travel between the 2 cities.
  • Options
    Duffman_99Duffman_99 Posts: 25
    Have you tried Ryanair (ryanair.com) or easyjet? They have some cheap flights within Europe. I don't think they do Dublin-Rotterdam, but you could take a train from Brussels to Rotterdan (2 hours).

I hope this helps.
  • Options
    pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    Oxxys wrote:
    Blacky007 wrote:
    Hi Oxxys.
    Have fun!

Thanks man. Unfortunately, I will be flying into Dublin from New York, since it is much cheaper. How should I go about getting from Dublin to Rotterdam it seems most of the flight websites you suggested don't offer travel between the 2 cities.

Not very many cities fly into Rotterdam. You should fly into Amsterdam Schiphol and take the train to Rotterdam:
    http://ns.nl/cs/Satellite/travellers

That site has schedules, fair info and travel time.
  • Options
    HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    If absolute cheapness is all you're going by, Eurolines and Megabus are the way to go. You're going to be very sorry for your butt, though.
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • Options
    surfanddestroysurfanddestroy Posts: 2,786
    You could try this site, not sure what date you are travelling though and their is a connection so may take some time.

http://www.skyscanner.net/flights/dub/r ... -2009.html
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • Options
    ThunbingHisWayThunbingHisWay Amsterdam Posts: 124
    try www.aerlingus.com Dublin to Amsterdam for EUR. 48.70 that pretty cheap... then from Amsterdam Schiphol you take a train to Rotterdam Central Station this will take about 50 min. ( one way ticket is EUR 10.90 ) and then the subway ( see below)

By public transport:
    At Rotterdam Central Station, take the subway direction Spijkenisse or direction Slinge. Get off at the stop Zuidplein. From here, it will take you approximately 5 minutes to walk to Ahoy.

Hope this helps you:-)
  • Options
    I'll be driving from London area to Rotterdam on the day of the show if you want to hook up and share a lift.
  • Options
    Rotterdam - Berlin

Take the train to Amsterdam Schiphol again ( EUR 10.90 again) then on Friday the 14th there will be aTransavia flight ( http://www.transavia.com ) for EUR 90.46 (all included) to Berlin

Hope this helps

Grtz Maarten
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    Rotterdam - Berlin

Take the train to Amsterdam Schiphol again ( EUR 10.90 again) then on Friday the 14th there will be aTransavia flight ( http://www.transavia.com ) for EUR 90.46 (all included) to Berlin

Hope this helps

Grtz Maarten

We're on that flight too. I have a feeling it will be mainly PJ fans!
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    You guys are very helpful thanks!
  • Options
    ALso, how should I go from Berlin to Manchester?
  • Options
    HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    Oxxys wrote:
    ALso, how should I go from Berlin to Manchester?
    Define should.

Cheapest way- Eurolines to London, then Megabus to Manchester

Fastest, most direct and most expensive way- BA flight from Berlin Tegel via London to Manchester
    Variations on BA flight-
    a) get to Heathrow, hire a car or find yourself a car share from there to Manchester
    b) get to Heathrow, take the tube to London Victoria bus station, bus to Manchester
    c) get to Heathrow, take tube/Heathrow express/Heathrow connect, get to Euston/St Pancras station, train to Manchester

The green way- DB train to Brussels, Eurostar to London, National rail to Manchester

The budget airline way- Ryanair flight from Berlin Schonefeld to Dusseldorf Weeze, another Ryanair flight Dusseldorf Weeze to Manchester.
    Or Ryanair/Easyjet/GermanWings/AirBerlin flight from Schonefeld to London Stansted/Gatwick/Luton, then bus/train/drive.

The road- Drive from Berlin to Manchester, duh

There's obviously other options- haven't looked up options of flying into Liverpool, for example, then training/bussing/driving the short journey from there to Manchester. But those are pretty much the most obvious options. Time to research times and prices yourself.
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • Options
    strummers wrote:
    Rotterdam - Berlin

Hope this helps

Grtz Maarten

We're on that flight too. I have a feeling it will be mainly PJ fans!

I just booked that flight too, so I am on it with you guys!
  • Options
    There are no direct flights to Manchester from Berlin.. I am traveling also to all the concerts and i have booked it like this..: I have a return ticket with KLM ( www.klm.com) to Berlin for EUR 195,- and then from Amsterdam Directly to Manchester with BMI Baby ( www.bmibaby.com) for EUR 70,12

Altho the return ticket with Transavia is cheaper, the return flight ( arrival Amsterdam 17:50) does not connect with the BMI baby flight ( dep.to manchester 17:00).. so this( KLM) is the cheapest and handiest option is you want to fly...

hope this helps.

Grtz
    Maarten
  • Options
    Think I will go for easyjet from Berlin to Liverpool, and take bus (50 min) from Liverpool to Manchester. 90 euro.

http://www.easyjet.com/en/book/step1.asp
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    For me, the cheapest way from Berlin to Manchester was Ryanair from Berlin to Dusseldorf and then on to Manchester. Cos about €48 in total, and gets to Manchester around midday on the 16th Aug.
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    daviecoopdaviecoop Posts: 198
    Think I will go for easyjet from Berlin to Liverpool, and take bus (50 min) from Liverpool to Manchester. 90 euro.

http://www.easyjet.com/en/book/step1.asp

Yep, this is the way I am going.
    Liverpool is virtually next door to Manchester.
    Staying in Liverpool Sunday night, out to Manchester in the morning by train.
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    For me, the cheapest way from Berlin to Manchester was Ryanair from Berlin to Dusseldorf and then on to Manchester. Cos about €48 in total, and gets to Manchester around midday on the 16th Aug.

The flight from Berlin to Dusseldorf goes to early for me :-)
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • Options
    MM113295MM113295 Posts: 4
    burns wrote:
    Hey,
    if you need a ride from Rotterdam to Berlin, let me know. I leave Rotterdam straight after the show by car.
    cheers

Do You still have some place in car from Rotterdam to Berlin?
  • Options
    MM113295 wrote:
    burns wrote:
    Hey,
    cheers

Drive for 10 - 12 hours?
  • Options
    MM113295MM113295 Posts: 4
    MM113295 wrote:
    burns wrote:
    Hey,
    cheers

Drive for 10 - 12 hours?

Alternativelly It could be a train or a plane - train is about 10 hours too and plane is a bit expensive..
  • Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    Still haven't decided how I'm doing this...
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    Jennytree wrote:
    I just checked...that flight is full!
    My bad...if you doing 2 separate flights, like you said, its good. :D
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    Blacky007Blacky007 Posts: 2
    Hi again.
    From Dublin you can take a bus directly to London, that includes the ferry from Irland to Wales/England. At the bus station in London you can take another bus to Rotterdam (or Amsterdam) that includes the ferry from England to continental europe.
    From Berlin back to to Manchester/England take the Ryanair flight.
  • Options
    Thanks for your help guys I think I am all set to go for air fare/bus/train what not. Now I just need to figure out where I am staying.
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    http://www.travelodge.co.uk

In Manchester quite a few people are staying at the Manchester Central hotel and in London there are quite a few people at the London Docklands hotel.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    DercheefDercheef Germany Posts: 732
    MM113295 wrote:
    burns wrote:
    Hey,
    cheers

Drive for 10 - 12 hours?
    Google maps says it's a 6 1/2 hour drive. Even with breaks it shouldn't take more then 8 hours.
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II