Options

Chicago Hotels

DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
edited May 2009 in The Porch
Anyone know the best place to stay?

The Congress Plaza Hotel offers a group rate for 15 rooms or more. We could do that easy...

The hotel is right on Michigan Ave by the park.

http://www.congressplazahotel.com/
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    rawpixelsrawpixels Posts: 912
    I'm planning on using Priceline. Hopefully, I'll be able to get a room for about $90 a night.
    One man stands alone awaiting
    for her to come home
    eyes upon the horizon
    in the dark before the
    darkness leaves the dawn
  • Options
    kane316kane316 Posts: 167
    I'm coming in from NY and would need a hotel to stay at. This one doesn't seem so bad.
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,772
    with the way the economy's been, booking any hotel in chicago should still be relatively cheap.
  • Options
    crimedawgcrimedawg Posts: 1
    I live in Chicago and have used/suggested Hotwire to everyone. I you select the Loop area to stay you can get a great room for a great price, and will be able to take the madison bus over to the United Center for 2 bucks. Worth it!
  • Options
    do you know what the group rate would be? Also I checked the reviews of this hotel and it was pretty mixed. Has anyone stayed here before?
  • Options
    Looks like the standard room is $129/night. I'm thinking the group rate will be between $99-109
  • Options
    guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    I used priceline last year for Ed's shows. 4 star hotel for $95 = Hilton $116 after taxes. I'm no pansy, I'm going lower :lol:, thinking this year it should be a bit cheaper. See you there!
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    i got idi got id Posts: 862
    got the Hyatt Regency through priceline.com for an offer of $60....not bad for a 4 star...
  • Options
    I used priceline last year for Ed's shows. 4 star hotel for $95 = Hilton $116 after taxes. I'm no pansy, I'm going lower :lol:, thinking this year it should be a bit cheaper. See you there!

Namby Pamby
    for her to come home
    eyes upon the horizon
    in the dark before the
    darkness leaves the dawn
  • Options
    i got id wrote:
    got the Hyatt Regency through priceline.com for an offer of $60....not bad for a 4 star...

Was this in the past or for the August show?
    for her to come home
    eyes upon the horizon
    in the dark before the
    darkness leaves the dawn
  • Options
    rawpixels wrote:
    i got id wrote:

for the August show....just booked yesterday, so I'm sure some other people can probably get the same deal.
  • Options
    i got id wrote:
    rawpixels wrote:
    i got id wrote:

for the August show....just booked yesterday, so I'm sure some other people can probably get the same deal.

Wow, great deal! I may try $60 for a 4 Star on priceline later. What areas in Chicago did you use for this?

Thanks again for the info!
    for her to come home
    eyes upon the horizon
    in the dark before the
    darkness leaves the dawn
  • Options
    [/quote]

Wow, great deal! I may try $60 for a 4 Star on priceline later. What areas in Chicago did you use for this?

Thanks again for the info![/quote]

I believe downtown chicago and the loop....
  • Options
    i got id wrote:

Thanks again for the info![/quote]

I believe downtown chicago and the loop....[/quote]

Thanks! :)
    for her to come home
    eyes upon the horizon
    in the dark before the
    darkness leaves the dawn
  • Options
    i got id wrote:

I just got the same exact deal. Hyatt Regency Chicago for $60 a night. Wow, great looking hotel in a great area!

See u there!
    for her to come home
    eyes upon the horizon
    in the dark before the
    darkness leaves the dawn
  • Options
    krobbinzkrobbinz Posts: 187
    hows that group rate thing coming?

Im interested in that one
    East Troy 10/08/00 St. Paul 06/16/03 Chicago 5/17/06 St. Paul 6/26/06 St. Paul 6/27/06 Lollapalooza '07 Bonnaroo '08
    Chicago 8/23/09 Chicago 8/24/09 PJ 20 9/3/11 PJ 20 9/4/11 Milwaukee 10/20/14 Chicago 8/20/16 Chicago 8/22/16 Chicago 8/18/18 Chicago 8/20/18
  • Options
    rawpixels wrote:
    i got id wrote:

I just got the same exact deal. Hyatt Regency Chicago for $60 a night. Wow, great looking hotel in a great area!

See u there!

Same exact deal here too...Thank you so much for the tip!
    "you don't have to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring, besides that, they're fascist. Make em' hit groundballs, they're more democratic."

-Crash Davis
  • Options
    The $60 price is correct. Just booked two nights through priceline with that bid and I put in Downtown/Loop and got The Hyatt Regency. total for 2 nights $146.57. 4 Star Hotel.
  • Options
    Looks like Priceline is the way to go. The Hyatt Regency is discounting rooms big time.
  • Options
    krobbinz wrote:
    hows that group rate thing coming?

Im interested in that one

Priceline is working out much cheaper
  • Options
    Looks like the Hyatt Regency will be packed with Pearl Jam fans!

Now, where can we get the best deep dish pizza and the best steak? :)
    for her to come home
    eyes upon the horizon
    in the dark before the
    darkness leaves the dawn
  • Options
    We also need a place to hang out for those that will be around on Saturday night.
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,812
    We also need a place to hang out for those that will be around on Saturday night.

Looking into that :)

Congress's group rate is at $119 +tax/night, so as of right now, Priceline is the best way to go. Going to call a few other places
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    rawpixels wrote:

Namby Pamby
    No Namby Pamby this time ;) .Loop $60/n for sat- sun at 4 star hotel= Hyatt Regency. Let the party begin 8-) . See you all there, can't wait!
    What You Giving

• Options
    rawpixels wrote:

Namby Pamby
    No Namby Pamby this time ;) .Loop $60/n for sat- sun at 4 star hotel= Hyatt Regency. Let the party begin 8-) . See you all there, can't wait!

Awesome! One of us has to figure out the best way to get to the United Center from the hotel. :)
    for her to come home
    eyes upon the horizon
    in the dark before the
    darkness leaves the dawn
  • Options
    Namby Pamby[/quote]
    No Namby Pamby this time ;) .Loop $60/n for sat- sun at 4 star hotel= Hyatt Regency. Let the party begin 8-) . See you all there, can't wait![/quote]

Awesome! One of us has to figure out the best way to get to the United Center from the hotel. :)[/quote]
    It's leaving the area I'm a bit skeptic about :? . No worries though, we'll find a way. See u there.
    What You Giving

• Options
    krobbinzkrobbinz Posts: 187
    how did you guys get that deal? ive been trying for a couple of hours...can you share your search secrets with me?
    East Troy 10/08/00 St. Paul 06/16/03 Chicago 5/17/06 St. Paul 6/26/06 St. Paul 6/27/06 Lollapalooza '07 Bonnaroo '08
    Chicago 8/23/09 Chicago 8/24/09 PJ 20 9/3/11 PJ 20 9/4/11 Milwaukee 10/20/14 Chicago 8/20/16 Chicago 8/22/16 Chicago 8/18/18 Chicago 8/20/18
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,812
    Marriott was a group rate of $169/night and Club Quarters is $129. Priceline is still the way to go :)
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    krobbinz wrote:
    how did you guys get that deal? ive been trying for a couple of hours...can you share your search secrets with me?

Use Priceline.com and name your own price in the Loop area. Put in $60 and you should wind up with the Hyatt Regency
    for her to come home
    eyes upon the horizon
    in the dark before the
    darkness leaves the dawn