Options

Important issues for the 10C to deal with!

2»

Comments

• Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    norm wrote:
    24veddie wrote:
    will the tenclub read any of this? .

they read it, ignore it and go back to watching maury povich

Well, I'm not sure about the Maury Povich thing...but the rest of it's true.
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    Fu ManchuFu Manchu Posts: 168
    You can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time. But you can not please all of the people all of the time.

The server issue is the most frustating if I'm honest.
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    Get_Right wrote:
    Lizard wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:
    the only thing thats new is the sudden onsales
    but they are actually not so sudden
    when kat tweets, shows and tickets are coming

Yeah but when she tweets (I am so fucking sick of saying that. So lame for a rock band) we don't know if tickets go on sale the day we need to have our memberships up to date or the day after (or the day after that). And we also have no idea what time it's going up. It's sudden.
  • Options
    EquallyWorthlessEquallyWorthless Posts: 3,993
    rybes wrote:
    As the email has now gone out, the site is stable and tickets are still on sale, hopefully everyone is happy...

However 10c provides a service we pay for, 20$ or 25$ a year is quite a bargain, if you were to purchase the best available tickets through ticketmaster and pay their service charges it would probably be a similar fee. instead you get first crack at the tickets every time a show is announced. Just like any service if you do not like it, you don't pay for it.

Everyone seems quite upset at the window of opportunity to purchase tickets but has anyone suggested that perhaps the venue or whomever holds the rights to it, such as ticketmaster, is applying the pressure? The example of Toronto where tickets go on sale to the general public on Thursday leaves the 10c very little time to put tickets up for sale to its members.

dude, its pointless to try talking sense into these nut cases, trust me.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479

Yeah but when she tweets (I am so fucking sick of saying that. So lame for a rock band) we don't know if tickets go on sale the day we need to have our memberships up to date or the day after (or the day after that). And we also have no idea what time it's going up. It's sudden.

Well after the European sales, pretty safe to say its the next day, within the first few hours the 10c opens for business out west
    and the clues were pretty obvious

I agree there are better ways, but its kinda the way it is-and the way it has been for the last few tours
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    HeavyHands wrote:
    24veddie wrote:
    1) It's 2009 and the site still crashes. Imagine it was more than 2 shows. How can this be? Forget all the fancy upgrades to the site. Please just make the site work!

10C/Webmaster... you should look into scalable server capabilities like the ones offered here (http://www.sas.com/technologies/dw/storage/spds/index.html. I don't know this company from Adam, it's just one of the top Google hits I got...) You could strategically eliminate web outages only during times when you are planning on putting tickets or other large-interest items up for sale by retaining temporary services ahead of time. Just a thought...

HeavyHands

This makes SO much sense that I bet they'll never, ever do something that easy and convenient.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I take it back. I'm an ass. Nuff said.
    Post edited by hopethatuchoke on
  • Options
    pjhawkpjhawk Posts: 20
    I like the way the system works, but understand those that don't. I think fans in and near the cities the band is going to get the best shot, that's all there is to it, and that's a good thing. The announcement happens the tickets go on sale I don't know if it's the case, but it feels like a way to curb scalpers and online buyers. Plus it lets people in the actual city see the band, not that that should drive what happens, but it is nice. Of course I also wish they would lottery a couple rows at the show, but I can live without that.
  • Options
    important issues for you to deal with:

1)Buy Tickets
    2)Smoke more, Bitch less
    3)Go see your favorite band play a bunch of kick ass shows.
    4)Shut the fuck up.
    5)Leave Happy.

Dont like it, dont pay for the membership, buy the tickets, etc etc

complaint-department.jpg
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options

1)Buy Tickets
    2)Smoke more, Bitch less
    4)Shut the fuck up.
    5)Leave Happy.

complaint-department.jpg

You should stick with number 4
  • Options
    24veddie24veddie Posts: 267

1)Buy Tickets
    2)Smoke more, Bitch less
    4)Shut the fuck up.
    5)Leave Happy.

complaint-department.jpg

typical canucks fan!
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073

1)Buy Tickets
    2)Smoke more, Bitch less
    4)Shut the fuck up.
    5)Leave Happy.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    The blinders around here are unbelievable. There are always a group of people who refuse to acknowledge anything the band does is questionable or wrong. I seriously think a handful of you would come crawling back if one of the band members gave you the finger, spit on you and slashed your face with a butter knife. "Oh, Stone was just having a bad day...he didn't mean it". I also think some of you will somehow defend the band as they make their way to the inevitable path of $200 tickets (Give it a few years).

- Late XMas single (The 10 club is probably really busy with the super deluxe set and doing important things!)

- High Eddie ticket prices (It costs alot of money to tour these days! It doesn't matter that full bands charge much less than Eddie solo. He is OMG SO AMAZING! and probably needs the money to pay the crew and gas)

- The half-assed way the "tour" is being announced (You should be happy you have the club! It's a bargain!")

- The quality of the last 3 albums (This is a joke...sorta :) )

- The shitty quality of the tshirts and merch (I don't even know how people defend this)

- No Big, Bold and Free thing (Be happy they gave you the WWS single for free!)

- Tweet Tweet (I like the excitement! If you don't have enough money in your account to buy tickets immediately then you have no business going. And if you don't have the time to sit and hit refresh all day or if you are a nurse who works 12 hours then you aren't a fan)

Anything else? It's hardly about the music anymore. It's turned into a "take it or leave it" fan club who treats it's members like children. Tweets....please.
  • Options
    Lizard wrote:

1)Buy Tickets
    2)Smoke more, Bitch less
    4)Shut the fuck up.
    5)Leave Happy.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: I think that is the only post of yours i have ever laughed at
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    Lizard wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:
    it is frustrating
    but its that way every tour

I disagree with that---it seems to be getting worse, unforunately.

Which is really puzzling since everything was to be updated. And I am not just talking about tix--I could not even get THE NEWS of what was announced for several hours due to the site crashing.

I totally agree with you, Liz It IS getting worse. It seemed that the 06 tour was well put together. An entire leg was announced at once and only one or two shows at a time went on sale. **AND WE HAD NOTICE BEFOREHAND OF WHEN THE TICKETS WOULD BE GOING ON SALE!!!**
    What she said.
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722

1)Buy Tickets
    2)Smoke more, Bitch less
    4)Shut the fuck up.
    5)Leave Happy.

complaint-department.jpg

:o:):D:lol::lol::lol: :geek:
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    KingmidgetKingmidget Posts: 628

1)Buy Tickets
    2)Smoke more, Bitch less
    4)Shut the fuck up.
    5)Leave Happy.

complaint-department.jpg

Grow up...good points being made....this tweet tweet crap is getting old...I'm no Jonas Bros fan...and PJ fans are getting older and less tolerant of fan club BS
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    24veddie wrote:
    will the tenclub read any of this? do they want an e-mail with what we think? i don't know. i just wish it was getting better instead of worse.

That's the thing. I bet these threads don't get to the people they need to.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,456
    I JUST wish i knew, if Pearl Jam is coming around my area, or NOT? The NOT KNOWING , is what i'm frustrated with. I live on the EAST COAST. Are they coming around here this time? Anybody? I surely don't know. Toronto and Chicago: I would go to one of those shows, if i KNOW they aren't hitting the east coast. But, i don't know!!! So, do i get tickets for one of those shows? or do i wait,(for a tweet tweet?) to see if ther coming to the east coast? Damned if i do, and damned if i don't!!!
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    You guys are worried about not getting tix and the site doesn't work..I can't even update my fucking signature !!

:twisted: :roll: :evil:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    my gripe is that the site died when it was announced, and it is only 2 shows!
    Sure, i am not going to these 2 show, and sure, tickets are still available, but i think it is a step back from last year.
    Even if they give us 24 hours notice that tickets will be on sale, it would be better than nothing. I am sure there are a lot of members who do not look here to see these "tweets" and then do not expect tickets to go on sale then and there. I can see this place falling apart big time if there is a Seattle or Gorge shows

Also, lack of Lottery this year i do not like, i thought is was a good system to give some others the chance of being up front. The senior members have been there enough, a few rows will not make a difference.

Hopefully things run a bit better come west coast dates :lol:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    instead of the lame tweet, couldn't 10c have said

pearl jam will be playing chicago and toronto aug 21 & 23

10c members as of may 3rd will be able to purchase tickets starting at 10:00pdt....Starting May 6th, any remaining tickets will become available to ALL active members regardless of membership sign up date. The ticket pre-sale will end on May 6th at 3pm Pacific Time.

then people wouldn't have been here all morning crashing the servers and getting mad

i guess that makes to much sense