Options

Important issues for the 10C to deal with!

24veddie24veddie Posts: 267
edited May 2009 in The Porch
1) It's 2009 and the site still crashes. Imagine it was more than 2 shows. How can this be? Forget all the fancy upgrades to the site. Please just make the site work!

2) Give people time before the tickets go on sale. It seems very logical to most of us.

3) Most importantly to me, please announce the regions/states/provinces or countries that you will be playing in. So many people seem pissed off about this but it doesn't change. If you can't do this than just provide a reason so we can understand, because we don't.

A little communication would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    +1
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    Rival178Rival178 Posts: 608
    I agree
  • Options
    HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    edited May 2009
    24veddie wrote:
    1) It's 2009 and the site still crashes. Imagine it was more than 2 shows. How can this be? Forget all the fancy upgrades to the site. Please just make the site work!

10C/Webmaster... you should look into scalable server capabilities like the ones offered here (http://www.sas.com/technologies/dw/storage/spds/index.html. I don't know this company from Adam, it's just one of the top Google hits I got...) You could strategically eliminate web outages only during times when you are planning on putting tickets or other large-interest items up for sale by retaining temporary services ahead of time. Just a thought...

HeavyHands
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • Options
    rybesrybes Posts: 136
    2) Give people time before the tickets go on sale. It seems very logical to most of us.

Just my 2c here, but with an announcement *tweet* we all knew a tour would be announced today however big or small, with only four dates in Europe we shouldn't expect much here. The tweet made a reference to Canada and Chicago, and we already knew of two festival shows. That makes four shows for each 'mini tour'

As for time, the announcement being made on the forums and the sale going on probably caters most to the fans, and not the scalpers, I would argue that more fans get tickets this way as opposed to an official announcement and then ticket sales being a week from now.

From what I understand tickets are still available.
  • Options
    TheLostSoulTheLostSoul Posts: 773
    +1
    I miss you hippiemom.
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,592
    rybes wrote:

Just my 2c here, but with an announcement *tweet* we all knew a tour would be announced today however big or small, with only four dates in Europe we shouldn't expect much here. The tweet made a reference to Canada and Chicago, and we already knew of two festival shows. That makes four shows for each 'mini tour'

As for time, the announcement being made on the forums and the sale going on probably caters most to the fans, and not the scalpers, I would argue that more fans get tickets this way as opposed to an official announcement and then ticket sales being a week from now.

totally agree!
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    yosiyosi NYC Posts: 2,649
    rybes wrote:

I just wish they would have sent out an email so that way people who are members but don't necessarily check the board a zillion times a day could have had a little more of a chance. But what can you do? You can't please everyone.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    yosi wrote:
    rybes wrote:

I just wish they would have sent out an email so that way people who are members but don't necessarily check the board a zillion times a day could have had a little more of a chance. But what can you do? You can't please everyone.

the email is out, and tickets are still on sale and the site is running fine now it seems.

anyone who wanted tickets will get them
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    brainofcbrainofc Posts: 60
    rybes wrote:

If you are a 10c member that doesn't lurk on this board (which I'm sure is the majority), you currently have no idea that they're playing Chicago or Toronto since no mass email has even gone out yet. Do the right thing 10c, forget these cryptic tweet messages and just make an announcement and give everyone a day or two heads up before tickets go on sale. It's not really that hard.

- End rant
  • Options
    yosiyosi NYC Posts: 2,649
    jimed14 wrote:

the email is out, and tickets are still on sale and the site is running fine now it seems.

anyone who wanted tickets will get them

Well, if the email is out that is good. I didn't get it yet, but maybe I'm in the minority.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    rybes wrote:
    2)
    As for time, the announcement being made on the forums and the sale going on probably caters most to the fans, and not the scalpers,

What scalpers?? They are will call only tickets with seat locations not disclosed.

This was a terrible way to do things and once again, people are in the dark about if/when there will be more dates. I'm so sick of the way things are done with this club. Would it freaking kill them to say "Stay tuned for west coast dates?" instead of fucking Tweets? Stop treating us like children.
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    I agree! Especially with #1 & 2.
  • Options
    If you are a 10c member that doesn't lurk on this board (which I'm sure is the majority), you currently have no idea that they're playing Chicago or Toronto since no mass email has even gone out yet. Do the right thing 10c, forget these cryptic tweet messages and just make an announcement and give everyone a day or two heads up before tickets go on sale. It's not really that hard.

- End rant[/quote]

seems very sensible to me.

maybe they like "lurkers" as you put it.
  • Options
    samnationsamnation Los Angeles, CA Posts: 277
    Tickets are not sold out. If you were not a "lurker" and just got the email right now (like I did), you would never have even known the site was down this morning AND you would have gotten your tickets. No worries.
    Sam
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    it is frustrating
    but its that way every tour
    yes it could be better, but at the end of the day, most people end up happy
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    +1
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    I was totally confused w/people who were talking about dates and venues. I could not find an announcement and thought I was being totally stupid ( no comments!!). The one time I got on the main page it was not there. Then I could not get on the site at all. Then I finally saw it on the main page AND Then Ruby's announcement.

It was just VERY FRUSTRATING to know something was happening but not being able to even get on the site!!!

How did everyone get the info earlier?
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    rybesrybes Posts: 136
    As the email has now gone out, the site is stable and tickets are still on sale, hopefully everyone is happy...

However 10c provides a service we pay for, 20$ or 25$ a year is quite a bargain, if you were to purchase the best available tickets through ticketmaster and pay their service charges it would probably be a similar fee. instead you get first crack at the tickets every time a show is announced. Just like any service if you do not like it, you don't pay for it.

Everyone seems quite upset at the window of opportunity to purchase tickets but has anyone suggested that perhaps the venue or whomever holds the rights to it, such as ticketmaster, is applying the pressure? The example of Toronto where tickets go on sale to the general public on Thursday leaves the 10c very little time to put tickets up for sale to its members.
  • Options
    whitepantswhitepants Posts: 723
    Lizard wrote:
    I was totally confused w/people who were talking about dates and venues. I could not find an announcement and thought I was being totally stupid ( no comments!!). The one time I got on the main page it was not there. Then I could not get on the site at all. Then I finally saw it on the main page AND Then Ruby's announcement.

It was just VERY FRUSTRATING to know something was happening but not being able to even get on the site!!!

How did everyone get the info earlier?

Seems like you experienced the same problem I did. Complete and total MISCOMMUNICATION. My only clue that something was going down was with the board being DOWN.

Just because we're sadly used to the board going down does not mean this is something we should accept and continue to tolerate.

I just think a lot of emotions can be spared if the 10C retire the damn tweety bird, and just make an announcement sticky, and then a few days later, the tickets go on sale. The anticipation of news is not good, nor is it fun anymore.

:|
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Options
    HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    rybes wrote:
    As the email has now gone out, the site is stable and tickets are still on sale, hopefully everyone is happy...

However 10c provides a service we pay for, 20$ or 25$ a year is quite a bargain, if you were to purchase the best available tickets through ticketmaster and pay their service charges it would probably be a similar fee. instead you get first crack at the tickets every time a show is announced. Just like any service if you do not like it, you don't pay for it.

Everyone seems quite upset at the window of opportunity to purchase tickets but has anyone suggested that perhaps the venue or whomever holds the rights to it, such as ticketmaster, is applying the pressure? The example of Toronto where tickets go on sale to the general public on Thursday leaves the 10c very little time to put tickets up for sale to its members.

+1 except for the e-mail going out. If you're talking about a mass e-mail from the 10C announcing the two show additions I haven't gotten one.
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,506
    The tix should be on sale for a while. No worries. Its just that everyoen tries to get them at once.

Its not an Ed solo show, so nobody should be worried about availability.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    rybes wrote:

Your argument is weak. "Just like any service if you do not like it, you don't pay for it. " That is almost as annoying as the way they do business. From what i saw, weren't the europe tickets CHEAPER through TM than the 10 Club? Enjoy your bargain but for $20 I expect a more efficient system from a company that has been around since 1993 (and a christmas single before May and a decent newsletter) I'd also appreciate if they would listen to the fans once and awhile.
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    Get_Right wrote:
    it is frustrating

I disagree with that---it seems to be getting worse, unforunately.

Which is really puzzling since everything was to be updated. And I am not just talking about tix--I could not even get THE NEWS of what was announced for several hours due to the site crashing.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    This was a terrible way to do things and once again, people are in the dark about if/when there will be more dates. I'm so sick of the way things are done with this club. Would it freaking kill them to say "Stay tuned for west coast dates?" instead of fucking Tweets? Stop treating us like children.
  • Options
    Lizard wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:
    it is frustrating

Which is really puzzling since everything was to be updated. And I am not just talking about tix--I could not even get THE NEWS of what was announced for several hours due to the site crashing.

I totally agree with you, Liz It IS getting worse. It seemed that the 06 tour was well put together. An entire leg was announced at once and only one or two shows at a time went on sale. **AND WE HAD NOTICE BEFOREHAND OF WHEN THE TICKETS WOULD BE GOING ON SALE!!!**

• Options
    norm wrote:

I agree 100%!

• Options
    InMyTree4InMyTree4 Posts: 1,239
    i just want a full tour announcement...stop the fragmentation!!!
    PJ:7/2/03.9/28/04.5/25/06.8/5/07.6/14/08.6/27/08.6/28/08.6/30/08.
    10/30/09.10/31/09.5/17/10.9/7/11
    EV:boston 1+2.albnay 1.boston 2010
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Lizard wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:
    it is frustrating

one way or another, there is always something that drives people bonkers when it comes to tickets and tours
    Its just the way it is
    Info comes slow, and the site crashes, happens every time-some get ix some dont

the only thing thats new is the sudden onsales
    but they are actually not so sudden
    when kat tweets, shows and tickets are coming

but hey now you know-shows are imminent- check your email, check the other PJ sites, and dont worry, when it crashes for you chances are the majority are having the same experience

are these shows even sold out yet?
  • Options
    it does seem like a lot of the people who i have seen on this board for years and years feel like some things are headed in the wrong direction a bit in terms of communication. please don't bite my head off because you think i'm saying people with lots of posts like the band better or anything. basically, i want to know if anything can be done to help the situation instead of people getting mad or having people write mean responses?

will the tenclub read any of this? do they want an e-mail with what we think? i don't know. i just wish it was getting better instead of worse.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    24veddie wrote:
    will the tenclub read any of this? .

they read it, ignore it and go back to watching maury povich