Options

The Craft Beer Thread....

Comments

• Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Still eagerly waiting to try the Elder. The Younger is only available on tap at the brewery once a year or something, right?
    Yes, the first week of Feb. is when they release it. They export just a few kegs and we're lucky enough to get one here in Eugene every year. I'll try to get you an Elder next time I get some sorry I haven't done it yet. Between being too broke to send them out and enjoying them myself I get greedy with them. Sorry I haven't hooked you up yet.
    #FHP
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,544
    Still eagerly waiting to try the Elder. The Younger is only available on tap at the brewery once a year or something, right?
    A few kegs of Younger are in Denver/Boulder  every year for ticketed events.
    I have had it.....liked it...but not enough to stand in line or buy advance tickets. 
    Prefer the Elder.
  • Options
    A few kegs of Younger are in Denver/Boulder  every year for ticketed events.
    I have had it.....liked it...but not enough to stand in line or buy advance tickets. 
    Prefer the Elder.
    I prefer the Elder as well. Never have stood in line for my tickets. Although I plan to sometime, my daughter and son-in-law live in Santa Rosa, so eventually I'm going to go down there. They know him well not sure he waits in line.
    #FHP
  • Options
    Big fan of Rogue and their artwork. Hope I can find a bottle of this. Their bombers have painted labels and I hoard them.

#FHP
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,502
    First beer from 3 Sheeps (Sheboygan, WI) I've really enjoyed.  Cashmere Hammer.  Smooth and nice coffee overtones.

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    Did someone  mention Clown Shoes earlier?
    And some Knee Deep Quad IPA...

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    Oh baby!!!

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    ^ good stuff right there.  No dice on the Fist City though! Damn 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    bbiggs said:
    ^ good stuff right there.  No dice on the Fist City though! Damn 
    Damn I figured that beer was in there!  ugh.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Tonight's beer options. ..

• Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,502
    Got a free Fresh Squeezed IPA because they tapped the keg and this is what came from the foam.  Right side is Founders Nitro Oatmeal Stout.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    rw160510rw160510 Posts: 909
    Cheers everyone. A pint of kernal's pale in soho :)

• Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,766

Started with Sierra Nevada's 'Hazy Little Thing'. Then was given my first ever Moscow Mule. Not a fan. Then cracked open a bomber of CBS and had a pint of that. Capped it off with this FFF product. Arctic Panzer Wolf. So many IBU's. So strong. So GOOD!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    There were a couple single cans on the counter of my local store marked at 3.50 apiece, the guy at the counter refused to believe that was the real price and sold one to me for 1.50. It was really good.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    I’ve never seen this before. My local brewery was offering this NEIPA/ Stout combo over the weekend. I didn’t have it, but heard it was good. Looks interesting. 

• Options
    Out this Friday....

• Options
    ^ an annual treat for sure. 
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,015
    bbiggs said:
    That’s one big bottle...

It's so strong that the Mounty fell off his horse...
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    ^ an annual treat for sure. 
    I bought a damn case last year.

Aging nicely.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,967

Started with Sierra Nevada's 'Hazy Little Thing'. Then was given my first ever Moscow Mule. Not a fan. Then cracked open a bomber of CBS and had a pint of that. Capped it off with this FFF product. Arctic Panzer Wolf. So many IBU's. So strong. So GOOD!
    Three Floyd's just kicks ass....they make so many good beers

My favs are ZombieDust, Space Station Middle Finger, Yum Yum, Alpha King
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    bbiggs said:
    I’ve never seen this before. My local brewery was offering this NEIPA/ Stout combo over the weekend. I didn’t have it, but heard it was good. Looks interesting. 

Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    bbiggs said:

Isn't that basically a Black n Tan?
  • Options
    bbiggs said:

I think the usual tan part of the black n tan isn’t an IPA. I could be wrong in that though. 
  • Options
    I believe that a traditional "black and tan" is Guinness and Harp....

• Options
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:

I think the usual tan part of the black n tan isn’t an IPA. I could be wrong in that though. 
    Yes it's a Lager usually but what you have there is basically the same idea.

How did it taste?  It was only a matter of time before people tried mixing other beers.
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:

Yes it's a Lager usually but what you have there is basically the same idea.

How did it taste?  It was only a matter of time before people tried mixing other beers.
    I wish I could comment on this pal.  I didn’t even get a chance to drink it. Some friends said it was excellent though. 
  • Options
    I believe that a traditional "black and tan" is Guinness and Harp....

Yes sir. There it is.  Those are very tasty. 
  • Options
    Just a good old-fashioned, back to basics beer tonight. A local staple.

• Options
    I’m getting burnt out on the fruity IPAs personally. Some are getting over the top. Look at this. This isnt beer.

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    bbiggs said:
    Just a good old-fashioned, back to basics beer tonight. A local staple.

Yumm!!  Can't wait to visit in June and bring some back. Other than Rev & Half Acre, what other brewers do you recommend? I'm gonna try to get to Off Color one day and there will be a 'Sconny trip for some New Glarus.