JJ Abrams with a short update on The Dark Tower *spoilers*

13»

Comments

• milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    milarso wrote:

I'm not liking this. I feel like it will be watered down with Howard/Grazer at the helm.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    rrivers wrote:
    milarso wrote:

I'm not liking this. I feel like it will be watered down with Howard/Grazer at the helm.

Agreed, I can't see how it would work as a TV series, unless they meant cable series as mentioned before. And for 3 movies, I would imagine each one would be 3 hours long.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    rrivers wrote:
    milarso wrote:

Agreed, I can't see how it would work as a TV series, unless they meant cable series as mentioned before. And for 3 movies, I would imagine each one would be 3 hours long.

I think the best way to do it would be a series on HBO.

Yeah the movies would have to be really long. They might be able to combine the first two books into a movie but other than that I think too much would get lost.
  • PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,018
    i dont think the movies would have to be all that long. there is alot of wasted paper in the later books. like will the movie about the 5th book really have to almost all about father callahan??? i think if they stuck to the story and skipped all the bogged down parts it would tell the complete story. there is numerous examples of king going into too much detail and missing the point. look at how long it took for that van to drive up the road and hit king and kill jake, they wont include 20 minutes about what breed the dogs were and the first time those dogs chased a rabbit, and the whole david copperfield of that rabbit. (ok thats an extreme, but you get the point)
    i dont think the movies would have to be all that long. there is alot of wasted paper in the later books. like will the movie about the 5th book really have to almost all about father callahan??? i think if they stuck to the story and skipped all the bogged down parts it would tell the complete story. there is numerous examples of king going into too much detail and missing the point. look at how long it took for that van to drive up the road and hit king and kill jake, they wont include 20 minutes about what breed the dogs were and the first time those dogs chased a rabbit, and the whole david copperfield of that rabbit. (ok thats an extreme, but you get the point)

That's a good point. King does go on and on sometimes. I'm more worried about Ron Howard doing it.