Options

PEARL JAM TICKETS NOT SOLD OUT

Mindless DrifterMindless Drifter Posts: 210
edited April 2009 in The Porch
kinda weird but, am i the only one finding it kinda strange that it was so easy to get tickets and they havent sold out...

i mean i can still, easily, purchase standing or sitting tickets for both london and manchester

anyone else finding this abit odd

especially compared to last uk tour

i obv know about only europeans being allowed to buy tickets.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,866
    remember last time they toured eurpoe pj had to change one show to a smaller venue due to lack of ticket sales...
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    a5pj wrote:
    remember last time they toured eurpoe pj had to change one show to a smaller venue due to lack of ticket sales...
    wasn't that duesseldorf?

good story from that show... they had a reserved section in the stands (might have been 10c?), stage right... you needed a yellow wristband to get into the section. my friend and i were wearing "Livestrong" (Lance Armstrong cancer fight etc.) bracelets, we "flashed" them to the guard and they let us in. Not that it makes me cool, but it was cool that we got closer! Thanks Lance! (I didn't bother buying 10c tix for that show because I wasn't supposed to have been in Germany at that time). anyway, don't know how big the original place was, but the ISS dome was reasonable in size and they put on yet another great show IMHO.
  • Options
    1awman1awman Posts: 41
    I'm surprised as well (although I don't have my confirmation mails yet :( ).
    I think it down to everything moving so fast - make sure memberships up to date and then bang! tickets on sale straight away with no time to plan travel/cash. I'm don't think the the four date tour helps either as people have to stump up extra dough.
    But if we can't get the gigs selling out how can we 'complain' and 'demand' more live dates over here?
    Anyway I just noticed the time and a confirmation mail would make a nice birthday present... :D
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    right now only limited to those outside of US.... maybe after the 10th?
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    several things:
    more 10c tickets: apart for London, there was I believe only about 500 tickets (not pairs) for the Euro shows in 2007, barely more half that in 06. so they of course sold out much faster.
    for London, in 07 there was NO US shows (apart from Lollapalooza and many hate festivals) ... so lots of north Americans came to London because they had no choice, when this year they know they're going to get some shows there.

I don't think even if they could buy straight away this year it'd make much difference, because they have not much reason to come.. a few would (and will) to make a trip of it, but less than Europeans went to the US last year (since then WE didn't have shows... don't think many of us are going to hit the states this year.. if it wasn't that I want to see my US friends and there going to be shows around/on my birthday, in a part of the country I've never been, I probably wouldn't go).
    a5pj wrote:
    remember last time they toured Europe pj had to change one show to a smaller venue due to lack of ticket sales...
    it was Düsseldorf (and all the better for it :mrgreen: ), but it got downgraded from a Stadium to an Arena.
    Just don't know what idiot thought a stadium was appropriate in the first place. :roll:
  • Options
    joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    a5pj wrote:
    wasn't that duesseldorf?

good story from that show... they had a reserved section in the stands (might have been 10c?), stage right... you needed a yellow wristband to get into the section. my friend and i were wearing "Livestrong" (Lance Armstrong cancer fight etc.) bracelets, we "flashed" them to the guard and they let us in. Not that it makes me cool, but it was cool that we got closer! Thanks Lance! (I didn't bother buying 10c tix for that show because I wasn't supposed to have been in Germany at that time). anyway, don't know how big the original place was, but the ISS dome was reasonable in size and they put on yet another great show IMHO.

GREAT STORY.. :lol::lol::lol::lol: had something like this happend to me at a RHCP concert back in the day
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,737
    tjis is only open to Fanclub members in europe? why are you surprised??

As soon as ticketbastard get this, it will sell out before 30 minutes are up. easy.