Options

Eddie Vedder Solo=Pearl Jam???

ponner1usponner1us Posts: 738
edited April 2009 in The Porch
Does anyone thinks it's possible or probable that the eddie tour is really a full on PJ tour in small venues???
Journey Begins: 1992-08-15, Montage Mountain Performing Arts Center,
Scranton, Pennsylvania

Journey Ends:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    not this time... last time with the April Fools name I thought maybe, but definitely not this time...
  • Options
    YieldToNothingYieldToNothing Posts: 3,667
    stop doing drugs
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    stop doing drugs

:mrgreen:
    this made me laugh!

to echo all the previous sentiments: NO.
    i never thought any of ed solo gigs would be pj in any case, and most definitely not now.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    edited April 2009
    Just reminds me... Can't understand the people who add Eddie Vedder shows to their PJ, are they off their faces?
    Post edited by Brisk. on
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,366
    Hahaha... NO.
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    Although it's a great dream, it won't happen.
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    Funny, I was thinking just the other day how cool that would be if the rest of the guys showed up and fucking rocked the doors off of these theatres. We can dream right?
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    Never going to happen.

This is a whole other evening, a whole other story, personal, chatty, intimate - is the key. Pearl Jam will give us the energies with their name on the bill. For This - it is 'just ed'.
  • Options
    acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    If I'm right, only Berk2 got McCready for 2 songs -- no other West or East tours had any of the other fellas on stage. And then Irons showed up a bit too.

I'm all for special guests! But I don't think it'll be the boys.... let's hold out hope for a small 10C warm-up show for OLF or ACL!
    [sic] happens
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    Not another one of these threads.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    ArcticangelArcticangel Posts: 1,443
    acutejam wrote:
    If I'm right, only Berk2 got McCready for 2 songs -- no other West or East tours had any of the other fellas on stage. And then Irons showed up a bit too.

I'm all for special guests! But I don't think it'll be the boys.... let's hold out hope for a small 10C warm-up show for OLF or ACL!

Right, Jack Irons at LA 2. And Ben Harper. (Love it!)
    But still, no full band nonsense.

Can you think of anyone else interesting who might show up a la Ben/Jack/Sean this go round?
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009
  • Options
    On drugs? No, just wondering. I really didn't mean to piss on anyone's cheerios, just imagining. I'm gonna love it either way. It just made me think of the Borgata in 05 and how amazing that was. Anyway, carry on, can't wait for the show.
    Scranton, Pennsylvania

Journey Ends:
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,017
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Not another one of these threads.
    x1,000
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    didn't mean to start a shit storm. RELAX :roll: people.
    Scranton, Pennsylvania

Journey Ends:
  • Options
    pearljam7pearljam7 Posts: 447
    You never know, the timing would be pretty good. This is just speculation, but what if they billed it as an Ed show so it remained a little bit lower key in the media and such, the Ev shows don't get as much press. What if they wanted to do a DL little tour for the some of the cities that missed it this summer. Who knows, probably won't happen though.
    5/4/2006, 5/12/2006, 5/13/2006, 6/1/2006, 6/3/2006, 6/24/2008, 6/25/2008, 6/27/2008, 6/30/2008, 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 8/7/08
  • Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
    It may be tough for some of us in the forum to grasp but some people would be upset if they paid that much to hear Ed Vedder and got Pearl Jam instead. There are people that don't like pearl jam but enjoy his solo work. It''s a misbilling and at $75 a pop, you just can't do that.
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Options
    einatshaul wrote:
    Never going to happen.

This is a whole other evening, a whole other story, personal, chatty, intimate - is the key. Pearl Jam will give us the energies with their name on the bill. For This - it is 'just ed'.

Just have to say, I love your "location" line - awesome frigin song (The Traveler) - I love the Trees, and of course Mr. Lanegan.

In regard to the original poster, it's a nice thought but I seriously doubt it. One can dream though. All I know is I got my tix to the Baltimore show!
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    If it is , I'm in for four shows. if not, I'm in for four shows. It's a no lose proposition.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    stop doing drugs

:mrgreen:
    this made me laugh!

to echo all the previous sentiments: NO.
    i never thought any of ed solo gigs would be pj in any case, and most definitely not now.

idk...sir mike did show up once, it could happen again and maybe more special guests
    it really wouldn't bother me to see him play w/guests during his performance b/c it would be like letting the fan know who he appreciates, who influenced him, and/or who he's friends with (like Jack Johnson..that was pretty cool at bonnaroo tho kokua woulda been better)
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    covered in blisscovered in bliss chi-caw-go Posts: 1,330
    I asked this same question a year ago! LMAO!
  • Options
    It may be tough for some of us in the forum to grasp but some people would be upset if they paid that much to hear Ed Vedder and got Pearl Jam instead. There are people that don't like pearl jam but enjoy his solo work. It''s a misbilling and at $75 a pop, you just can't do that.
    Couldn't disagree more. I consider myself lucky to have seen them *only* 9 times, and I've been all over the place (both around the world and within the venue). Within the venue, literally front row at the X in Toronto in 1993 (with 50,000 of my closest friends) to as ABSOLUTELY far back as you can get at the Marine Midland Arena in Buffalo in 1996. Since then I've been about mid venue in Duesseldorf, Germany and about 10 rows back in Vienna, Austria.... all with more than 15-20k of my closest friends. I wouldn't trade any of the experiences.

But to see PJ in a more intimate setting... maybe acoustic, maybe not, but definitely a more intimate atmosphere, would be this 17 year fan's icing on the cake. It's not quite a "club" (or bar) setting which I think would be even better of course... but bottom line, $75 to see them with 1/4 the normal crowd size (or less)??? Any day.

Their fan base is so broad at this point: old, young, financially secure, the not so financially secure, etc, that I think it's not really possible to please everyone with anything they do (see tour date release thread). Clearly even the "fans" on this board all don't agree on what they would prefer.

It's an opinion, and everybody has one. Doesn't mean you're wrong, just that I don't agree! :-)
  • Options
    azwyldcatsazwyldcats Posts: 702
    No. But Berkeley 2 got :roll: Mike McCready. Best. Solo. Show. Ever.
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    azwyldcats wrote:
    No. But Berkeley 2 got :roll: Mike McCready. Best. Solo. Show. Ever.
    Would be nice a Maui surprise... Oh, but I trust ed and his plan.
    Forever outta time
    Forever just unwinds
    I see the green beyond the blue
    And I'm trying' to make it thru
  • Options
    Pardon my ignorance, but does eddie play on stage by himself or does he have a drummer accompany him?
    Straight down the center for a hot chicken dinner!
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    i wouldnt mind pissing off the 12 in attendance that only like ed
    i met a girl at ny1 who said she only liked stone but thought she'd check out ed's show :shock:
    but yea the legality of it doesn't make it possible i guess.. but i'm no lawyer
  • Options
    OceansMagnetOceansMagnet Posts: 1,031
    i wouldnt mind pissing off the 12 in attendance that only like ed
    i met a girl at ny1 who said she only liked stone but thought she'd check out ed's show :shock:
    but yea the legality of it doesn't make it possible i guess.. but i'm no lawyer
    Actually, there is no legal issue whatsoever. Eddie Vedder is performing live with whatever band he chooses. If he just.so happened to choose Pearl Jam as his band then there would really be no legal problem. There is no contract nor guarantee as to what type of performance he will make other than most likely a length of time minimum commitment. Granted we all assume it will be a solo acoustic performance, but has it actually been worded anywhere officially that this is what is to happen?
  • Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    ponner1us wrote:
    didn't mean to start a shit storm. RELAX :roll: people.
    "shit storm"........well said.

actually..........you are asking people to relax who eat, sleep, and shit pearl jam.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    bhigh901 wrote:
    Granted we all assume it will be a solo acoustic performance, but has it actually been worded anywhere officially that this is what is to happen?
    All of his solo shows have been acoustic, so isn't it really a given that this tour will be? It's just Ed on stage, with his guitars with a surprise guest once in a great while.
  • Options
    OceansMagnetOceansMagnet Posts: 1,031
    Jeanwah wrote:
    bhigh901 wrote:
    Granted we all assume it will be a solo acoustic performance, but has it actually been worded anywhere officially that this is what is to happen?
    All of his solo shows have been acoustic, so isn't it really a given that this tour will be? It's just Ed on stage, with his guitars with a surprise guest once in a great while.
    I realize this.. I was just pointing out the arguement that if for some crazy and albeit extremely unlikely reason the band were trying to do warmup shows in these small theaters and selling them as Ed shows there would be no legal trouble for doing so.. I did not imply that I think this is the case.. I want a solo show, but do u think I'd be upset if.the full band were on stage?