movie, "robin hood"

2»

Comments

• chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337

but its robert downey jnr...

admittedly ive not read doyles books.. all i saw was rdj was in it and that guy ritchie directed and that was enough for me. plus its got rachel mcadams in it and who doesnt love her in red eye and mean girls.

plus i got to see previews of robin hood. :mrgreen:
    oh i'm a huge holmes fan, read all the stories, major geek for it actually :oops: i was open to a reinterpretation but guy ritchie took it too far for my taste. i'm old school i guess :)

nice on the previews though! :D

then youll love that i heard this morning that brad pitt is up for the role of moriarty in the sequel.
    oh fucking HELL lol

and mind you i love brad but no. just...NO!

i think ralph fiennes would be a perfect sherlock :)
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    oh fucking HELL lol

my sentiments exactly on pitt as moriarty. i see moriarty as being darker. daniel day lewis would be awesome.

im having a little trouble seeing past fiennes as voldemort atm.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    oh fucking HELL lol

my sentiments exactly on pitt as moriarty. i see moriarty as being darker. daniel day lewis would be awesome.

oooooooh yes daniel day lewis would be *perfect* as moriarty. he's such a great character in the stories.

i'm not into the harry potter movies so i haven't seen him as that character, but i think he has the right body type and presence to play sherlock. him and kenneth branagh as watson would be great i think! if only i was a producer, and had a shitload of money *sigh* lol
    only been waiting over a year to see this damn thing :lol: off to see it tonight :D
  • Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    Mr Rocko wrote:
    Oh man! Russel Crowe as Robin Hood, that's something I'd never imagine to happen. IMO no one will ever best the performance of Kevin Costner or Morgan Freeman or Alan Rickman, don't get me wrong Crowe is a great actor but I still think the one with Costner is the number ONE.

im a fan of costner...always have been and he def has his moments but crowe will give the role more gravitas.

i always thought it was funny how costner would alternate between english and american accents during the movie :lol:
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
  • Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    oh fucking HELL lol

oooooooh yes daniel day lewis would be *perfect* as moriarty. he's such a great character in the stories.

i'm not into the harry potter movies so i haven't seen him as that character, but i think he has the right body type and presence to play sherlock. him and kenneth branagh as watson would be great i think! if only i was a producer, and had a shitload of money *sigh* lol

daniel day lewis could do a cheesy villain tyeing a woman up, throwing her on rail road tracks, giving an over exaggerated laugh and twisting his mustache and make it brilliant :ugeek:
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
    LOVED it! :D
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Posts: 22,697

I'M taking it that it was great then. We were thinking about seeing it nxt weekend. Looks like it will be really good and it has been getting great reviews
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    BLACK35 wrote:

I'M taking it that it was great then. We were thinking about seeing it nxt weekend. Looks like it will be really good and it has been getting great reviews
    Yeah I went in with a little trepidation just because I was expecting Gladiator 2.0. There's definitely shades of it in the movie but overall it was fun to watch :)
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    One of my old classmates plays Little John. Think that Crowe got him this part -- they've been pretty tight since they shot Mystery Alaska together 10 years ago or so.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...