Options

Albany Pre-Party Location Idea

Comments

• Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,816
    otter523 wrote:
    Hi All, I would love to help organize but I have a rough couple of weeks ahead of me at work that will take up way more time than I would like it too! I wouldn't want to say yes and not put 100% into this thing. I have a friend who works at the Bier garten and I advised him I was posting on this board about people organizing and meeting at The Garten. If anyone has any questions or advice on hotels location of restaurants,bars etc... Please feel free to pm me. I'll be having a Beer or two at the Garten before the show. Hope to see you there.

Hey otter... no worries at all :) I'm psyched that you've got place in mind!

Jeanwah also volunteered to help out so I guess we'll get the ball rolling and her or I will PM you

And apparantly we'll be watching a ping pong tourney. Maybe we can make it a competition? :mrgreen:
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    I plan on leaving work around 3, so I'll be there by 5 - 530. I'd be more then happy to help with whatever you guys needed.
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,816
    I plan on leaving work around 3, so I'll be there by 5 - 530. I'd be more then happy to help with whatever you guys needed.

Sweet! I'll add you in as a volunteer then too! I'm going to start another thread then and start getting an RSVP count and raffle list :)
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    Speaking of Ping Pong Tourney every monday night there they actualy a real ping pong tourney!
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    CalumCalum Posts: 635
    Oxxys wrote:
    Speaking of Ping Pong Tourney every monday night there they actualy a real ping pong tourney!

sweet :)
    London Astoria - Dublin - Wembley - Shepherds Bush - London 02
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    I'm working on getting this bar to confirm at the moment.
  • Options
    Jeanwah wrote:
    I'm working on getting this bar to confirm at the moment.
    thanks alot. good luck ;)
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    Speaking of beer...

I'm a craft beer nut... I buy it & trade it online and consume it regularly... this is how I'm spending this coming weekend... http://www.tap-ny.com/ i'm about as excited as i could be for this, just a bit less excited than seeing EV solo!

the biergarten is awesome, like they said it's a bit pricey but worth it.
  • Options
    any news on anything people?
  • Options
    Rourke24 wrote:
    Yes. Bier Garten is out. I'm working on three other bars, who are supposed to be getting back to me. Sigh.
  • Options
    Jeanwah wrote:
    Rourke24 wrote:
    Yes. Bier Garten is out. I'm working on three other bars, who are supposed to be getting back to me. Sigh.
    oh, crappy... didn't realize Wolfs was out? I will try to go over to the Red Square either tonight or tomorrow night to talk with the owner. Should I coordinate directly with you Jeanwah (i.e., via PM) if I find out anything (re: possibly using the Red Square as a pre and/or post party location)?
  • Options
    What happened with the garten? We should have it at the Lark Tavern instead then.
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    McJuicyMcJuicy Posts: 747
    what about the pump station? someone had mentioned it a few weeks back
    buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea
  • Options
    McJuicy wrote:
    what about the pump station? someone had mentioned it a few weeks back

The Pump station is cool for dinner, but is not the ideal location for a pre-party.
  • Options
    Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern,Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern,Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern,Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern, Lark Tavern!!!
  • Options
    McJuicyMcJuicy Posts: 747
    hey oxxys did you manage to secure tickets?
    buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea
  • Options
    oh, crappy... didn't realize Wolfs was out? I will try to go over to the Red Square either tonight or tomorrow night to talk with the owner. Should I coordinate directly with you Jeanwah (i.e., via PM) if I find out anything (re: possibly using the Red Square as a pre and/or post party location)?
    pm sent.
  • Options
    McJuicy wrote:
    hey oxxys did you manage to secure tickets?

I was not able to get them through my own account, but I was able to get one for night II. I am thinking about picking one up for night I at a later date. I am hoping to get a cheap 30 $ ticket for night one, because I am very poor.
  • Options
    Post/Pre Party LARK TAVERN!!!
  • Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    Please keep me posted on the location for the Albany pre-party!!!! :D
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    Lark Tavern now?
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Oxxys, Lark Tavern is a bit far, I'm trying some closer ones. Apparently, it's taking forever for these guys though!
  • Options
    good luck Jeanwah... hope you hear something soon.
  • Options
    funnygirlfunnygirl Posts: 529
    Calum wrote:
    good luck Jeanwah... hope you hear something soon.

Jeanwah..thanks for doing all of this work! I can't wait to hand with everyone....wherever it is it is going to be a blast! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    GremmieOOCGremmieOOC Posts: 167
    Jeanwah wrote:
    Rourke24 wrote:
    That sucks. My wife and I were looking forward to some German food (and you know how strong cravings can be for a pregnant woman).
    Buffalo '96, Montreal '98, Saratoga '00, Toronto '03, Hamilton '05, Cleveland '06, MSG I '08, Mansfield I '08, Hamilton '11, Hartford '13, Charlotte '13
    EV-Montreal '08, Albany '09, Hartford '11
  • Options
    Lark Tavern isn't that far its probably a 15 minute walk or a 6$ cab ride. McGeary's could be chill too!
  • Options
    If nothing pans out we can have a pre party on my roof. It is right across from the palace and can see th entire city of Albany! Byob of course though. I actually would love this to happen. Any takers?
  • Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    Jeanwah wrote:
    Oxxys, Lark Tavern is a bit far, I'm trying some closer ones. Apparently, it's taking forever for these guys though!

Thanks for all your hard work on getting this set up! I'm really looking forward to the pre-party!
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    Is McGeary's close?

What was the deal with the other place? (Bier)
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Is McGeary's close?

What was the deal with the other place? (Bier)
    This is the deal. The owners of the Bier Garten are not interested in hosting fundraisers currently. I'm on the ball with a few other bars, who are taking their time deciding. :|