Options

The Ultimate PJ Album: RESULTS! .. The End

DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
edited March 2008 in The Porch
Well everybody ... game over ... i'm really gonna miss it. this was alot of fun and certainly kept me busy!! this had a really cool turn out, and though this album is flooding with ten and has a good amount of hits, it flows wonderfully and is pretty kick-ass. woulda have loved to see more obscurities, but its all good. after posting your comments about how this turned out and so on, please do leave some possible suggestions for a new game!! i really want to start a clever new poll or voting thread game that has not be created before. maybe something that involves the more obscure stuff more rather then threads that end up having hits and early albums conquering. i'll think up some stuff .. but help is great! cheers people, its been fun!

HERE IT IS! THE "ULTIMATE?" PJ ALBUM!! WOOOO

1.) Go (Vs)
2.) Hail, Hail (No Code)
3.) Alive (Ten)
4.) Given To Fly (Yield)
5.) Black (Ten)
6.) Off He Goes (No Code)
7.) Do The Evolution (Yiled)
8.) Porch (Ten)
9.) Garden (Ten)
10.) Present Tense (No Code)
11.) Release (Ten)
12.) Indifference (Vs)
13.) Immortality (Vitalogy)

...i am a donut
2006: Hartford
2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
2011: Ed Solo Hartford
2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,956
    Well everybody ... game over ... i'm really gonna miss it. this was alot of fun and certainly kept me busy!! this had a really cool turn out, and though this album is flooding with ten and has a good amount of hits, it flows wonderfully and is pretty kick-ass. woulda have loved to see more obscurities, but its all good. after posting your comments about how this turned out and so on, please do leave some possible suggestions for a new game!! i really want to start a clever new poll or voting thread game that has not be created before. maybe something that involves the more obscure stuff more rather then threads that end up having hits and early albums conquering. i'll think up some stuff .. but help is great! cheers people, its been fun!

HERE IT IS! THE ULTIMATE PJ ALBUM!! WOOOO

1.) Go (Vs)
    2.) Hail, Hail (No Code)
    3.) Alive (Ten)
    4.) Given To Fly (Yield)
    5.) Black (Ten)
    8.) Porch (Ten)
    9.) Garden (Ten)
    11.) Release (Ten)
    12.) Indifference (Vs)

...i am a donut

cool beans. thanks. however i was never a huge fan of do the evolution off of yiled.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    How many people did it take to come up with that generic compilation?
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    cool beans. thanks. however i was never a huge fan of do the evolution off of yiled.

i love it, but it wasnt my vote during that round. that goes for most of them though. great songs ended up, but i had more personal choices for most of them.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    very cool....that's a good album....think i might burn a cd with that list....:D
  • Options
    orig_long redorig_long red Posts: 2,029
    Garden seems out of place.

the album as a whole is way too predictable ... again.
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    Not even one Binaural song. Not even Light Years.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    orig_long redorig_long red Posts: 2,029
    pass the torches!!! burn the list!! Mr. Frank, tear down this list!!!
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • Options
    JP2026766JP2026766 Posts: 1,125
    culot4 wrote:
    Not even one Binaural song. Not even Light Years.

I voted for NAIS, Grievance, and Parting Ways!

Mansfield II '08

EV Solo Shows:

NYC I
    NJPAC

I. LOVE. YIELD.
  • Options
    long red wrote:
    pass the torches!!! burn the list!! Mr. Frank, tear down this list!!!

haha i know, i know it's very generic! not how i wanted it to end up, but hey thats what everyone voted. i think my choice only made it twice or something like that. lets think of something more interesting to start up!
  • Options
    CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    Only the first five albums are represented. What does that say? Vitalogy made it by the skin of it's teeth!

Are the masses right? Pearl Jam hasn't had a good song since Yield?

I don't think so! We can do better than this...can't we?
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    BrezBrez Posts: 570
    Disappointing
    And before his first step... He's off again...
  • Options
    this is pretty disappointing. nothing from the last 3 records at all... i would have expected something a little more diverse than this.
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    if pearl jam made a one cd greatest hits album, that would be it. and to think we like the songs that arent on the radio more. no riot act or binaural? boo.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    58823005882300 Posts: 813
    All great songs but not aggreeing with it.
  • Options
    CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    if pearl jam made a one cd greatest hits album, that would be it. and to think we like the songs that arent on the radio more. no riot act or binaural? boo.

Without Even Flow, RVM, Daughter, Small Town, Corduroy, Betterman, NAIS, Save You, I am Mine or WWS...this statement just aint' true
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,942
    I don't think it's disappointing, it is predictable instead - their first record is simply perfect and then the second and the third are unbelievably fantastic and the others are exceptional.
    I am surprised two songs from No Code are represented, I think it's still their least perfect but most accessible effort!
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
    prague.seattle1.seattle2.chicago1
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,559
    The board has spoken!

And I am proud of you all. Ten has so many amazing songs and hearing them back in the days was just so much more thrilling than listening to what the band comes up with these days.... I for one am not surprised to see the total lack of binaural, riot act and self titled. I would have accepted grievance over garden though.
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
    This has been a great poll and given a cool insight into peoples tastes.....

I personally think there's too much Ten, but hey, people love those songs.....

I'm just glad we got Immortality on there :D
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • Options

1.) Go (Vs)
    2.) Hail, Hail (No Code)
    3.) Alive (Ten)
    4.) Given To Fly (Yield)
    5.) Black (Ten)
    8.) Porch (Ten)
    9.) Garden (Ten)
    11.) Release (Ten)
    12.) Indifference (Vs)

...i am a donut

I'm gonna do aplaylist of these, listen to it excessively and get back to you about whether it's "ultimate" or not ;)
    Seriously though, good call! **line's them up in "now playing" list** :D
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,654
    Why not do the votes again and pick your least favourite song.

MAybe a bad idea but interesting to see what makes it??

I'll shut up now.
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,559
    Why not do the votes again and pick your least favourite song.

MAybe a bad idea but interesting to see what makes it??

I'll shut up now.

Yeah, I would participate in that! Great idea!
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Garden? Really?
  • Options
    ringoringo Posts: 504
    Since nothing made it from Binaural, Riot Act or Pearl Jam, how about doing the same thing but for just those albums? So many good songs got left out. :(
    d'oh
  • Options
    Yield98Yield98 Posts: 151
    What if you did it again, but took out the choices that already won?
    Peace, Love, Pearl Jam

Alpine 98,00,03 TFC 99, Chicago 00,03,09(2X) St. Louis 03, Champagne 03, St. Paul 03, 06(2X), 14, Noblesville 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04,06, Thunder Bay 05, Cleveland 06, Lolla 07, Roo 08, PJ20 X2, Wrigley 13 & 16, Portland/Spokane/Seattle 13, Milwaukee 14, Fenway 18X2, Quebec City/Ottawa 22
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Brez wrote:
    Disappointing

yeah theres no EVENFLOW. :mad:
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,654
    Or if we did it without any songs that were released as singles???
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    long red wrote:
    Garden seems out of place.

the album as a whole is way too predictable ... again.

agreed.

all too predictable.
  • Options
    Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
    Garden? Really?

my thoughts exactly......
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • Options
    deal with reality, folks. Their last three albums dont compare to their first five.

i just wish Ten were longer so more songs would win.
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,796

1.) Go (Vs)
    2.) Hail, Hail (No Code)
    3.) Alive (Ten)
    4.) Given To Fly (Yield)
    5.) Black (Ten)
    8.) Porch (Ten)
    9.) Garden (Ten)
    11.) Release (Ten)
    12.) Indifference (Vs)

...i am a donut
    looks like i have been correct all along.....

riot act sucks monkey balls..........
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....