Options

ATTN: KAT/SEA/SANTOS/RUBYSDAD/BOOM

hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
edited April 2009 in The Porch
Do you think you could take 45 seconds and shed some light on the EV Ticket situation? It's obviously this is a huge deal to people around here and in addition to that, you are dealing with people's credit cards and bank accounts. You are leaving us in the dark to speculate and overreact and a simple statement could really help calm things around here. People have been spending their entire day waiting for some news and being forced to assume.

THANK YOU for any information you can provide us.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    +1 put the nail in it...we all see what's going down, please take away any shred of hope I have left.
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    I think the info they would provide would probably cause more controversy.

They're probably looking at the zip code of everyone seeking tickets, and if they're not near the venue, then they're probably cutting them out, and only letting closer zip codes get tickets... but that's just my speculation.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    you people have ZERO patience. RELAX.
  • Options
    PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    edited April 2009
    Once the pre-sale has ended, we will randomly select members to buy the tickets and finalize the ticket purchase.
    ⁃ A confirmation will be sent out once the selection process has ended, prior to the public on-sale, so you will know if you were successful in securing tickets through the Ten Club ... or not.
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    CJMST3K wrote:

They're probably looking at the zip code of everyone seeking tickets, and if they're not near the venue, then they're probably cutting them out, and only letting closer zip codes get tickets... but that's just my speculation.

what's the reason for that? the fans who's zip codes are further away have the dedication that this band needs :)

they should be picked to go to the show.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    CJMST3K wrote:

that would suck for me. I live in Buffalo, NY.... but work in Philly and am here about 95% of the time.
  • Options
    N_Jay_HN_Jay_H Posts: 171
    CJMST3K wrote:

Anyone want to put this theory to test?
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,890
    edited April 2009
    good luck to everyone.
    Post edited by given2fly23 on
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    N_Jay_H wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:

Anyone want to put this theory to test?

Yes, I live 55 miles away and there ain't much in between!
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • Options
    " ridin' tall.......tall in their saddles.....herdin' cows the size of schnauzers but they're cattle."
    if you think what I believe is stupid, bizarre, ridiculous or outrageous.....it's ok, I think I had a brain tumor when I wrote that.
  • Options
    CJMST3K wrote:

what's the reason for that? the fans who's zip codes are further away have the dedication that this band needs :)

they should be picked to go to the show.

I remember (if memory serves) that in 96 with the mailorder request that all TC members were allowed one show to request tickets for. Typically I would imagine that people would choose the closest shows to them... I think they are doing a manual version of this, looking at zip codes... but again, it's just my personal speculation. :)
  • Options
    pjstarrpjstarr Posts: 269
    I would hope that they would not look at zip codes. I live in Colorado and am traveling to Michigan than off to Baltimore. Zip codes should be irrelevant. You have to personally pick up the tickets anyways, so it's not like someone would try and scalp from across the country.
    "I think this is the coldest red wine I've ever had"
    E.V- Ice Bowl, Alpine Valley 2000

Alpine Valley 6 -27-98 Palace 10-7-00 Alpine Valley 10-8-00
    Shoreline 6-1-03 DTE 6-25-03 DTE 6-26-03
    Pepsi Center 7-2-06 Pepsi Center 7-3-06
    Riverside Theater E.V solo 8-19-08
  • Options
    Ample JarAmple Jar Posts: 236
    CJMST3K wrote:

Man I hope not...that wouldn't be random at all! ;)

But that would help explain why Memphis 1 just disappeared from my history (I'm on the west coast)
    9/22/96, 8/17/98, 8/18/00, 6/22/03, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 7/16/06, 7/18/06
  • Options
    glbglb Posts: 356
    CJMST3K wrote:

I live 3 miles from the Atlanta venue, and my tickets have been removed from my order history....
    "I've got things to do and things to say in my own way..."
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    PJ_Lukin wrote:
    Once the pre-sale has ended, we will randomly select members to buy the tickets and finalize the ticket purchase.
    ⁃ A confirmation will be sent out once the selection process has ended, prior to the public on-sale, so you will know if you were successful in securing tickets through the Ten Club ... or not.

exactly.
    we're all 'in the process'.....what would they actually be saying now? let the process COMPLETE, and then emails will follow!

i said elsewhere, if not for you nutters on the board, i'd not have even thought to check my 10c profile! i know you can check with the ccs, but that is a degree of obsessive i just don't have :P...besides which, every card is different so i doubt very helpful. now thanks to you lot, i keep checking my profile. :D anyhoooooooo.....we will know soon enough!

patience grasshoppers!
    8-)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    glb wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:

I live 3 miles from the Atlanta venue, and my tickets have been removed from my order history....

Ahh... well, that crushes my theory. :D

(assuming they released the funds from your credit card hold too)
  • Options
    hitmanhitman Posts: 469
    I'm sooooo very glad I didn't put in for tickets at all..... sounds like a lot of nail biting out there!
  • Options
    joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    RELAX PEOPLE........ STOP WITH THE ZIP CODE BULLSHIT....its going to be random LIKE ALWAYS...like OLD TIMES.... You will find out SOON..tonight maybe tomorrow....MAYBE thursday...THEY WONT FORGET ABOUT US.....thye like keeping us on the edge of our seats...LIKE ALWAYS.......so please sit down watch some tv AND GET OFF YOUR EFFIN PCs......
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • Options
    glbglb Posts: 356
    CJMST3K wrote:
    glb wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:

Ahh... well, that crushes my theory. :D

(assuming they released the funds from your credit card hold too)

i actually have a new temp authorization from the 10club today, so I have no clue what that means! :lol:
    "I've got things to do and things to say in my own way..."
  • Options
    PJPJ Posts: 282
    BH71937 wrote:
    I'm sooooo very glad I didn't put in for tickets at all..... sounds like a lot of nail biting out there!

our nails have long been chewed away, were making our way to the knuckles :o
    2006-06-01 E. Rutherford 1
    2008-06-24 NYC: MSG 1
    2008-06-25 NYC: MSG 2
  • Options
    footsteps38footsteps38 Posts: 100
    10 minutes away from tower venue and mine have been removed. Zip code theory can be put to rest
    Bob
  • Options
    jlew24asu wrote:
    you people have ZERO patience. RELAX.

no doubt
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    10 minutes away from tower venue and mine have been removed. Zip code theory can be put to rest

...and removed from credit card hold, right?
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    PJ_Lukin wrote:

exactly.
    we're all 'in the process'.....what would they actually be saying now? let the process COMPLETE, and then emails will follow!

i said elsewhere, if not for you nutters on the board, i'd not have even thought to check my 10c profile! i know you can check with the ccs, but that is a degree of obsessive i just don't have :P...besides which, every card is different so i doubt very helpful. now thanks to you lot, i keep checking my profile. :D anyhoooooooo.....we will know soon enough!

patience grasshoppers!
    8-)

Yeah, d2d.... I take responsibility for causing a panic reaction on the board when 10c clearly states they would let us know once the process has been completed.

I should have thought twice before posting that thread. :S

I'll take the beating for 10c. :p

Clearly, I need to work some more on my patience!
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    .....and for the record i "purchased" tickets for the philly 11th...was in my profile...and now its not..put down philly 12th show as my second chance...and ITS NOW IN MY PROFILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • Options
    zdogbonezdogbone Posts: 117
    "YA'LL ARE BRUUTILIZIN' MEEEE..." :D
    Three crooked hearts and swirls all around... I miss you all day
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    edited April 2009
    IamMine wrote:
    PJ_Lukin wrote:

exactly.

patience grasshoppers!
    8-)

Yeah, d2d.... I take responsibility for causing a panic reaction on the board when 10c clearly states they would let us know once the process has been completed.

I should have thought twice before posting that thread. :S

I'll take the beating for 10c. :p

Clearly, I need to work some more on my patience!

hahahahahahaha!
    dare i say.....the anticipation is almost *fun*.......?
    *ducks from flying debris*
    8-)

joe2468 wrote:
    .....and for the record i "purchased" tickets for the philly 11th...was in my profile...and now its not..put down philly 12th show as my second chance...and ITS NOW IN MY PROFILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:shock:
    SEXY!!!
    :mrgreen:
    Post edited by decides2dream on
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    footsteps38footsteps38 Posts: 100
    CJMST3K wrote:

...and removed from credit card hold, right?

Yes, but the hold was gone before it due to my bank
    Bob
  • Options
    embraceembrace Posts: 849
    ??? How'd you do that? 2nd chance for a non rollover show?
    joe2468 wrote:
    got a car...got some gas...oh let's get out of here-get out of here fast...
    I hope you get this message but your not home...I will be there in just a minute or so...
    I want to go but I want to go with you.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. -MT

I've had enough, said enough, felt enough. I'm fine, still in it.
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    I love the fact that Boom's name is in the subject line and no one's pointed that out. :lol:

Kenneth has all the inside information!

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org