Options

Can 10 club be sued over these transactions?

13»

Comments

• Options
    inmyrvminmyrvm Posts: 933
    i believe they could be, especially if it ends up making people bounce checks/bills, etc.
    "Fuck the talkin' let's start rockin" - Eddie Vedder 9-5-00 Pittsburgh
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

friends don't let friends listen to good charlotte
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    I think there is a reasonable assumption that you are not going to get charged (or at least pre-charged) for a product you don't get. .
    The money is 'held' which is not quite charged. Looking at another thread about this, it seems that this type of action is a lot more common than one thinks.
    cutback wrote:
    let's not forget that many of these "charges" were done AFTER the shows were sold out.....10c left the links up and for whatever reason the buy button would appear on various shows.....if people didn't come here first and just went to buy the shows they were getting the hold charges....that is definitely 10c's fault for not taking down the links once the shows were sold out....no one should have to come here first to find out that the shows were sold out and they weren't really getting tix.....
    As it usually happens, I'm thinking the links were left up because as orders are processed, some are rejected and tickets become available again. Once they were sold out and you clicked on the buy button, it was CLEARLY written in bold yellow that the tickets were SOLD OUT, so why bother going through the process still? Thinking back to other ticket sales, links with sold out were left up for a while.
  • Options
    Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    redrock wrote:
    The money is 'held' which is not quite charged. Looking at another thread about this, it seems that this type of action is a lot more common than one thinks.

There really doesn't seem like that much difference to me between a hold and a refundable deposit. If they are holding the money on someones card, it means that person can't spend it, just like a real charge. It really isn't that different than if they charged it and then issued a credit. I understand it can be common, but I would be surprised if it were common in cases where you don't get anything in return.
  • Options
    redrock wrote:

Its common as Smith. Period. (people need to let this part go. it is COMMON! very very common)
    Nearly required even. You have to guarantee space on the card to make the transaction. Would you release goods without guarantee of payment? hell no. Its just the way the "game" works. Maybe they should disclose that. But its not a law suit they didn't. It would be uncommon for a seller to do that, because it is accepted practice.

It sucks that it screwed some people,
    particularly the straight up erroneous charges,
    but much of a lawsuit i don't think it makes.
    (and CERTAINLY no real significant damages were incurred... small claims court anyone?)

... and the fact that anyone would consider suing the fucking 10 C is just sad (i know the OPs intention wasn't to imply that, i'm just saying - if you were, its sad).
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,436
    jbalicki10 wrote:
    First of all I just wanted to state I did not attempt to get tickets, nor am I a lawyer. However, it does seem 10 club could be in trouble by this ticket fiasco. I hope 10 club straightens out everything and everything is cool. I just hope 10 club doesnt get a class action lawsuit or anything. Is this even possible? If so, would the 10 club cease to exist?

What a lame attempt to fuel the fire. Get a life, you tool.

I love how people think they are qualified to advise on legal matters here. Quite the educated bunch of whiners...NOT!

It is an insult to discuss legal actions against the band on THEIR message board.

Show some class.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    redrock wrote:
    As it usually happens, I'm thinking the links were left up because as orders are processed, some are rejected and tickets become available again. Once they were sold out and you clicked on the buy button, it was CLEARLY written in bold yellow that the tickets were SOLD OUT, so why bother going through the process still? Thinking back to other ticket sales, links with sold out were left up for a while.

nope....about 3-4 hours after tix went on sale someone called 10c and was told there were no more tix......hours and hours went by before the links were taken down.....the buy buttons kept appearing and people kept buying because it didn't say anywhere that the shows were sold out...