Options

Billboard - Pearl Jam Album, Film, Tour In The Works

2»

Comments

• Options
    DreamOfAngelsDreamOfAngels Posts: 829
    edited April 2009
    I found this article a few days after it was published (3.20.09). It is an interview with Ed where he mentions the "half-done" album and the fact that they were going to tour next year but someone in the group is having a baby next year... so they would need to tour this year instead... here is the important part:

Today, 18 years on from the release of Ten and Pearl Jam are halfway through making their ninth studio album. “It’s taken two weeks to get halfway there and that’s writing it from the bottom up, so we’ll see how long it takes to finish it.

“I’m not sure what the recording process is going to be, but we will be playing shows,” says Eddie.

“One of us is having a baby next year so there’ll be no touring then so we have to get it done this year.

“I think the hardest thing about making music now is being a great dad at the same time,” adds Eddie, who has two young daughters with model Jill McCormick.

“There’s an insanity that goes with writing — a mad scientist thing that you have to go through and sacrificing a kid’s upbringing to do that is not an option.

“But at the same time, I don’t want to go the way where music becomes a hobby. I don’t trust art that’s made without some pain and insanity, so it’s just about trying to balance that out.

“We all want to make music together as much as we did when we were making Ten.
    Post edited by DreamOfAngels on
  • Options
    Here is the URL if you are interested in the complete story:
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sh ... 329546.ece
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,813
    I want to see the film!! :)
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    finnanniefinnannie Posts: 1,186
    Very.. very cool!!! :mrgreen:

Looks like a another trip to USA this fall :)

..and a freakin' movie!!!! Holy crap!!! :mrgreen: :ugeek:
    :D
    Won't let the light escape from me.
    Won't let the darkness swallow me.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,934
    finnannie wrote:
    Very.. very cool!!! :mrgreen:

Looks like a another trip to USA this fall :)

..and a freakin' movie!!!! Holy crap!!! :mrgreen: :ugeek:

yep, yep & yep! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    benjs wrote:
    Why do we pay for the Ten Club again? It's not like we ever get any news from them... Billboard has had the scoop on every major piece of PJ news for years.

Album's half done... I figured as much. I just want to say 'I told you so' to all the people that acted like I was being a dick for saying there was no way the band had the album done and that Ed touring was taking a break. Ed tours, the band makes another half assed attempt to wrap the album, plays a few shows, back to the album... 2010 it optimistic.
    Well, everyone has their own reasons. I, for one, like the relatively painless access to great seats for shows, as well as the holiday single. Why do YOU pay for the Ten Club? If you're not happy with the way it's run, maybe you shouldn't!

what shows? the band hasn't done a REAL tour since 2006!
  • Options
    Pearl Jam: The Movie

Starring Russell Crowe as Eddie Vedder.

russell_crowe.jpg
    "I'll end up alone like I began..."

"You need the patience of like a National Geographic photographer sitting underneath the bush in a tent, trying to get a picture of zebras fucking or something for the first time." -Eddie Vedder
  • Options
    I hope "a little thing" in the US means more than 2-3 shows. That concerns me a bit.
    Bonnaroo '08
  • Options
    thrakerthraker Posts: 61
    It would be hilarious if the movie was like "The Song Remains the Same" with the guys doing little sketch fantasies between songs.

Ed = Him and his wife bathing their kids in the ocean while riding surf boards. Accompanied by twangy instrumental folk music.
    Jeff = Being a star in the NBA and winning the finals.
    Matt = Becoming a movie star and living the life after his break through in "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes".
    Mike = Winning the Air Guitar World Championship with the grand prize of being one of Kiss' roadies.
    Stone = Being a world famous gangsta hip-hop producer drenched in bling and surrounded by his crew and hoes.
    Boom = Recording and touring with America's greatest rock band ever.
  • Options
    julia_amentjulia_ament Toronto, Canada Posts: 77
    Jibiti wrote:
    As for touring, the band is doing a "little thing in the States," and is looking to play South America in 2010, McCready said.

best news ever! SA 2010!!! and a movie?!
    São Paulo I & II - dec 2 & 3 2005 | São Paulo I & II - nov 3 & 4 2011 | Rio de Janeiro - nov 6 2011 | Ottawa - may 8 2016 | Wrigley I & II - aug 20 & 22 2016 | Temple of the Dog - Philly nov 4 2016 | Seattle I & II - aug 8 & 10 2018 | London I & II - july 8 & 9 2022  | Hamilton - sept 6 2022  | Toronto - sept. 8 2022

"and sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky
    a human being that was given to fly
    "
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    Here is the URL if you are interested in the complete story:
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sh ... 329546.ece
    I found this article a few days after it was published (3.20.09). It is an interview with Ed where he mentions the "half-done" album and the fact that they were going to tour next year but someone in the group is having a baby next year... so they would need to tour this year instead... here is the important part:

Today, 18 years on from the release of Ten and Pearl Jam are halfway through making their ninth studio album. “It’s taken two weeks to get halfway there and that’s writing it from the bottom up, so we’ll see how long it takes to finish it.

“I’m not sure what the recording process is going to be, but we will be playing shows,” says Eddie.

“One of us is having a baby next year so there’ll be no touring then so we have to get it done this year.

“I think the hardest thing about making music now is being a great dad at the same time,” adds Eddie, who has two young daughters with model Jill McCormick.

“There’s an insanity that goes with writing — a mad scientist thing that you have to go through and sacrificing a kid’s upbringing to do that is not an option.

“But at the same time, I don’t want to go the way where music becomes a hobby. I don’t trust art that’s made without some pain and insanity, so it’s just about trying to balance that out.

“We all want to make music together as much as we did when we were making Ten.

Thank you, DreamOfAngels, for quoting and also for the link to the complete article - I enjoyed reading it!

I smiled when he said it is really hard making music and being a great dad at the same time.

Indeed it is... my husband Bobby is a musician at heart and used to be in several bands. It is very time-consuming and he always felt guilty when he was spending a lot of time rehearsing and not only was it hard on the kids, it was hard on me.

But I never told him to quit though...because I knew he enjoyed it so much and it was rewarding "at the end" when people enjoyed his performance. But it got to the point where he decided it was not worth missing out on watching the kids grow and being involved in their lives. So he decided to quit.

But since he's been laid off, he's been playing a lot - sometimes six hours a day - in our music room. I love it and the boys also play with their dad on guitar and drums. :)

No, that's not to say EV would even consider quitting PJ so don't even go there on me!

I'm just pointing out that he does appreciate how difficult it is being a dad and a musician at the same time because it requires a lot of deep-thinking and being around young kids in a complete "different" world.... very difficult! :)

I think he's doing a good job so far and he'll only get better at both jobs as time goes on! :D
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    this...
    Jibiti wrote:
    As for touring, the band is doing a "little thing in the States," and is looking to play South America in 2010, McCready said.

really caught my eye as well! i truly hope i score the ed solo 06.15 tix, b/c i have a feeling the 'little thing' in the states more than likely will be west coast/south shows only - maybe some midwest.....and i really can't travel much this year....so ed in baltimore may have to suffice! :P cool on SA for all the passionate fans there! and i could see, even fitting with ed's interview, '2010' being the end of 2009/beginning of 2010 since our winter is their summer.....and still plenty of time for whoever is having a baby, and leaving the rest of 2010 to their families. 2010 may be the first year yet that i see no ed/pj at all :shock: ....but i bet they will be resting/gearing up for a HUGE 20th anniversary year in 2011! 8-):mrgreen:8-)

Iammine....i think for YOUR hubby, being a musician would be more 'difficult' and definitely more time-consuming, simply b/c he has to work full-time AND fit in practice/gigs AND fit in time with the family! for ed, a wee bit 'easier' as making music IS his full-time job! :D just sayin'. being married to an active gigging musician, who also holds a full-time job, i too know how time consuming the practicing, rehearsals, gigs can be.....but he loves it so passionately, and we don't have kids, so definitely makes it easier.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    ArcticangelArcticangel Posts: 1,443
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    I want to see the film!! :)

"Make movies. Don't make videos. Videos are evil."

Can't wait to see it!!!
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    PJ really aren't playing any or many shows in 2010 with a new album coming out at the end of the year? I doubt that very much.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options

Iammine....i think for YOUR hubby, being a musician would be more 'difficult' and definitely more time-consuming, simply b/c he has to work full-time AND fit in practice/gigs AND fit in time with the family! for ed, a wee bit 'easier' as making music IS his full-time job! :D just sayin'. being married to an active gigging musician, who also holds a full-time job, i too know how time consuming the practicing, rehearsals, gigs can be.....but he loves it so passionately, and we don't have kids, so definitely makes it easier.

True, decides2dream, very true. :)

It was 'easier' back then when we didn't have kids - even when he held a full-time job. I really had fun going to his gigs!

You and your hubby sound like us - minus 4 kids. :D

I hope you get the 6.15 tickets - I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya!
    ~Q Magazine

• Options
    WashedWashed Posts: 736
    14 songs completed and they're only half done with the new album? Are we talking double album, here? I guess that hinges on the definition of "completed"?
    this city is so filthy, like my mind in ways
  • Options
    IamMine wrote:

True, decides2dream, very true. :)

It was 'easier' back then when we didn't have kids - even when he held a full-time job. I really had fun going to his gigs!

You and your hubby sound like us - minus 4 kids. :D

I hope you get the 6.15 tickets - I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya!

that made me laugh! :lol:
    kids are wonderful and a true blessing, and i am sure yours a wonderful source of joy...but yes....i am quite happy with my 'minus 4 kids'...... :o:|:mrgreen: hahahahaha.

and absolutely, it IS a LOT of fun, besides which...it's incredibly attractive to see the one you love so passionate. i could live without the incessant practicing of certain songs that bore/annoy me to tears tho. ;) but the gigs are always a great time!

and thanks - me too!
    hubby's never seen solo ed, and i just think it would be a fun trip all around for us....and within the 2009, minimal entertainment budget. :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    kids are wonderful and a true blessing, and i am sure yours a wonderful source of joy...but yes....i am quite happy with my 'minus 4 kids'...... :o:|:mrgreen: hahahahaha.

Yes, they are a blessing and we wouldn't trade for anything else. :)

and absolutely, it IS a LOT of fun, besides which...it's incredibly attractive to see the one you love so passionate.

:twisted: How do you think I got in trouble at least four times?! ;) j/k....
    i could live without the incessant practicing of certain songs that bore/annoy me to tears tho. ;) but the gigs are always a great time!

:lol: That brought back some memories! Being young and in early stages of a new relationship where there are insecurities and jealousy involved at parties/bars - and sometimes at practices. I look back and laugh, thinking how silly I was.

And there were times I was really tired of the practices too and tried to wiggle my way out of not coming to show my support by making excuses. Bobby would be like so-so's girlfriend's going to be there and blah blah... and I'd be going ugh... I hate those girls! *hiss fight*

One practice I was bored to death I was so willing to sleep on a cold and hard floor in a gym where the guys practiced upstairs on a balcony!
    and thanks - me too!
    hubby's never seen solo ed, and i just think it would be a fun trip all around for us....and within the 2009, minimal entertainment budget. :D

Neither have we! We'd love to take a trip down to Nashville if we could. Yup, 2009 is definitely a tough year to spend money. :p

Thanks for allowing me to share my memories - it's funny how you start remembering little things after so long... :)
    ~Q Magazine

• Options
    IamMine wrote:

Yes, they are a blessing and we wouldn't trade for anything else. :)

and absolutely, it IS a LOT of fun, besides which...it's incredibly attractive to see the one you love so passionate.

:twisted: How do you think I got in trouble at least four times?! ;) j/k....
    i could live without the incessant practicing of certain songs that bore/annoy me to tears tho. ;) but the gigs are always a great time!

:lol: That brought back some memories! Being young and in early stages of a new relationship where there are insecurities and jealousy involved at parties/bars - and sometimes at practices. I look back and laugh, thinking how silly I was.

And there were times I was really tired of the practices too and tried to wiggle my way out of not coming to show my support by making excuses. Bobby would be like so-so's girlfriend's going to be there and blah blah... and I'd be going ugh... I hate those girls! *hiss fight*

One practice I was bored to death I was so willing to sleep on a cold and hard floor in a gym where the guys practiced upstairs on a balcony!
    and thanks - me too!

Neither have we! We'd love to take a trip down to Nashville if we could. Yup, 2009 is definitely a tough year to spend money. :p

Thanks for allowing me to share my memories - it's funny how you start remembering little things after so long... :)

hahahahaha....yes, LOTs of memories!
    as far as gigs, i always had a good time b/c i never gave a flying feck about anyone else. :P i probably went to more gigs than anyone, mostly b/c we don't have kids and everyone else did/does, overall. even in the younger years, i think my hubby was always the one who's spouse/GF showed up, so isn't he special. ;) i have gone to maybe one rehearsal, ever. rehearsals are for the band, not for me....borrrinnnnnngggggg. summertime is great fun b/c one of hubby's bands does a LOT of outdoor gigs, out on the water, etc......always great. 8-)

and i thought i read you were planning on hitting up ed solo in tennessee? :? sorry that can't work out for you both. :( if i win the lottery before the shows....you and your hubby have a trip to see ed on me. :D it IS really tough this year, being very *smart* with our funds, etc....so baltimore is definitely all we can swing, or at least the only $$$ i am willing to part with. still hoping pj does some shows close to home later this year, and if not, more than likely......will miss out this year. c'est la vie. eh, who knows......if they do hit up SA sometime end of this year or early next.....we've got LOTs of airmiles saved, do cheap hotels, exchange rate is probably pretty good....wait and see.

in any case, always a pleasure M! tis an exciting pj year for sure - new album coming, shows, film, whoa! :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options

hahahahaha....yes, LOTs of memories!
    as far as gigs, i always had a good time b/c i never gave a flying feck about anyone else. :P i probably went to more gigs than anyone, mostly b/c we don't have kids and everyone else did/does, overall. even in the younger years, i think my hubby was always the one who's spouse/GF showed up, so isn't he special. ;) i have gone to maybe one rehearsal, ever. rehearsals are for the band, not for me....borrrinnnnnngggggg. summertime is great fun b/c one of hubby's bands does a LOT of outdoor gigs, out on the water, etc......always great. 8-)

and i thought i read you were planning on hitting up ed solo in tennessee? :? sorry that can't work out for you both. :( if i win the lottery before the shows....you and your hubby have a trip to see ed on me. :D it IS really tough this year, being very *smart* with our funds, etc....so baltimore is definitely all we can swing, or at least the only $$$ i am willing to part with. still hoping pj does some shows close to home later this year, and if not, more than likely......will miss out this year. c'est la vie. eh, who knows......if they do hit up SA sometime end of this year or early next.....we've got LOTs of airmiles saved, do cheap hotels, exchange rate is probably pretty good....wait and see.

in any case, always a pleasure M! tis an exciting pj year for sure - new album coming, shows, film, whoa! :mrgreen:

I agree that rehearsals are only for bands and boring as hell! :p;)

Too bad you weren't one of my gig friends back then... I could use some support back then! ;)

As for the Tennessee trip - I'm just being pessimistic about the lottery thing... I'm starting to feel we won't win the lottery. If we don't, then it's all off. It's like one of those feelings, "well, it figures... everything else has been going wrong, so why would this be any different?" :p

Don't you love the reward programs that actually do come in handy when it comes to times like this?! I always thought they were lame....until we are in a situation where we are f**ked, then do they look attractive! :D

Regardless, like you said - PJ touring, new album, FILM!!! :mrgreen:

AND I hope one year we all do finally bump into each other at a show! :)

..and oh, the pleasure is also mine, M! *bows*
    ~Q Magazine