Options

Raleigh '98 poster

KC2917KC2917 Posts: 871
edited April 2009 in The Porch
I'm gonna be selling my framed/matted Raleigh '98 poster to fund my trip to the Ed shows in Honolulu (if I get the tickets). I'd like to see it go to a nice home of a true fan so if anyone on here is interested in it PM me with a reasonable offer and I'll email you some pics. Just please keep in mind that I did spend about $150 having it framed. It's in absolutely mint condition.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,737
    my all time favourite ;)
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    pdalowsky wrote:
    my all time favourite ;)
    I will second that. Definitely in my top 5. It's ashame Eddie blasted it in the Ames book.
  • Options
    FW46778FW46778 Posts: 227
    Im so happy I got my first 98 poster this year. The MSG/ER one from the first shows I attended. Bought it framed on ebay and its f'n awesome, signed and numbered 15.
    I used to be MILKwasAbadChoice...Now I am just FW46778...a math teacher in jersey
  • Options
    YieldToNothingYieldToNothing Posts: 3,667
    how much are you looking for total?
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Options
    PJRock75PJRock75 Posts: 868
    I would guess framed $800
    "If you want a friend, feed any animal." - JA
    "Don't let it get you down, you know, still give your love, just give it away...I love singin' that part." - EV
  • Options
    satanmansatanman Posts: 295
    PJRock75 wrote:
    I would guess framed $800

yeah good luck with that :lol:
  • Options
    Like it hasn't sold for that?!?! Surely, we have seen crazier things happen.
    "Don't let it get you down, you know, still give your love, just give it away...I love singin' that part." - EV
  • Options

Well that's the thing. I don't want to give a price because I'd actually like it to be a mutually beneficial deal between fans. I'm just looking for someone to throw out a reasonably fair offer. You get a good deal on a great poster and I get to go see Ed in Hawaii. Look at it like this: How much are plane tickets from Sacramento to Hawaii?
  • Options
    luv-ed91luv-ed91 Posts: 215
    Ahhhh . . . My very first PJ concert :D I'd looooove to have it, but I have to finance my Ed tour, also. Don't think I could swing another $800 :(
    -- If I had known then, what I know now . . .

8/31/98 - Raleigh
    8/4/00 - Charlotte
    4/16/03 - Charlotte
    10/6/04 - Asheville
    6/16/08 - Columbia
    6/20/09 - EV Memphis
  • Options
    satanmansatanman Posts: 295
    KC2917 wrote:

Well that's the thing. I don't want to give a price because I'd actually like it to be a mutually beneficial deal between fans. I'm just looking for someone to throw out a reasonably fair offer. You get a good deal on a great poster and I get to go see Ed in Hawaii. Look at it like this: How much are plane tickets from Sacramento to Hawaii?

if your looking to make up funds for the trip try ebay. I honestly don't see people shelling out $600+ in this time and age. I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything. I have this poster as well and it looks amazing in person
  • Options
    Right. I thought I'd give someone on here the chance to pick it for a little less than what it will probably go for on ebay. I'd much rather get a little less for it and see it go to a good home of a fan club member.
  • Options
    KC2917 wrote:
    Right. I thought I'd give someone on here the chance to pick it for a little less than what it will probably go for on ebay. I'd much rather get a little less for it and see it go to a good home of a fan club member.

In all honesty, isn't that who would be buying it on Ebay too?? Good luck, I hope you go to Hawaii (I will one day)...until then, mine will stay hanging on my wall too 8-)
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,737
    2 years ago 800 was a fair price, these days I doubt it, especially now PJ posters are taking a kicking on price, theres a Boston 98 floating around somewhere with no takers at $500...

seems i paid over the odds on a lot of mine....

Hmmm that Vedder comment did diappoint me a little!!! 'we're a serious band'... ha ha, still my top poster
  • Options
    Yeah, but it's framed...if it was framed the right way, I would say that is more than fair.