Options

What if Pearl Jam and Led Zeppelin......

2»

Comments

• Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    PJ for me for sure. I saw LZ back in the 70's and they are awesome and I'm sure they still are, ( I was at HOB in 2005 and Plant was awesome and I am very glad I was there, but my favorite moments were PJ's reactions). But PJ are closer to my heart! :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    I really hate to say this but I don't know that there will be plenty of more chances to see Pearl Jam. Come on guys....the band isn't going to be around forever.
  • Options
    PJGARDEN wrote:
    I would take the front row seats for Pearl Jam and then go see Zep in another city. I have never been front row at any big concert (just at some small club shows) so I don't think I could pass up front row to my favorite band but I couldn't pass up a chance to see Zep either. I was born in the 80s so I've never had the chance to see them before. Next to PJ, they're probably my favorite band.
    that's my feeling too. i'd love to be front row at a PJ show....i'd travel for nosebleeds for a zep show though, definitely!
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    Dedvw wrote:
    PJ for sure. I hate to sound negative but what if one of the band members dies tomorrow.

The plenty days are only an accident away from never happening.

Especially considering Page's gardening skills. :D

*runs*
  • Options
    drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    god, that's a tough decision.

i mean...it's led zeppelin. they are, literally in every sense of the word, Gods.

but...it's pearl jam...from row? i never will have the chance for that...god.

can i choose PJ front row and travel a lil' to see zep?? :)
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • Options
    zep is my fav old band, and no matter how much i would love to see them. it would still be pj.
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
  • Options
    bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    I had to actually think for a minute about it.
    As much as I love Zeppelin, being that close to PJ would just be the world to me.
    I know I'll most likely never experience it, but Christ, a lad can dream. I can just picture Release, from front row. Sends chills.
  • Options
    Jesika537 wrote:
    I saw Page and Plant 10 years ago and it was the best concert I've seen outside of many PJ shows... I can't imagine them sounding any better 10 years later so I'll go with PJ.
    you almost got the same lineup as me in your sigs:)
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    Dedvw wrote:
    PJ for sure. I hate to sound negative but what if one of the band members dies tomorrow.

The plenty days are only an accident away from never happening.
    I got to get the Led out, man! I have seen Pearl Jam numerous times - I have never seen Led Zeppelin.
  • Options
    i waited way too long to see pearl jam,at one point i thought they would never come back to europe,i am pearl jam all the way,led zep i like,but i wouldnt swap a nose bleed pearl jam ticket for a front row zep,no disrespect intended.
  • Options
    Front row PJ? Not even a question...
    "I wish I was the full moon... you kept your house keys on" - Wishlist (Melbourne '03)
  • Options
    pearljim wrote:
    were playing in your hometown on the same night and you were guaranteed front row for PJ, upper level for Zep. Which show do you attend?

With all the hoopla over Zep maybe touring thought I'd throw it out there.

Growing up with Zep and having seen PJ 25 times I'd go with Zep......

Pearl Jam! I've always wanted to see them live! Led Zeppelin is ok...but I would've liked to see them live in the 70's.
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    PJ, but not in the first row...~
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    I can't believe I'm gonna reply to such a pointless question, but Pearl Jam for sure. I saw Page/PLant in '95 and it was good, but come on...it's not Led Zep 1974. It's "Led Zeppelin" 2007.

Besides, Pearl Jam probably plays a longer set on any given night!
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    AnthonyD1987AnthonyD1987 Boston, MA Posts: 347
    Here's the right answer: You pick Pearl Jam, because it's a front row ticket. And it's in your hometown, in my case, Boston. Then what you do is, either the night before, or the night after, Zeppelin is more than likely playing in a city a few hours away, so you just go to that one as well, whether or not the seat is in the upper rows. And traveling to see Zeppelin would be worth it anyway so you wouldn't feel bad about doing it, and you wouldn't feel bad about passing up the show in your town for a front row ticket to Pearl Jam. And what promoters would be stupid enough to have 2 enormous shows like that in one city on the same night?
    492xxx

2006: Boston 1 and 2
    2008: MSG 1 and 2, Mansfield 1 and 2
    2010: Boston
    2012: Made in America Philly
  • Options
    Have to go with LZ. Saw Pearl Jam front row in Cleveland '06, saw Page and Plant in 95 from the 20th row on the floor. But with Jones on board, and Lil' Bonham on drums, I can't pass up the only band that mattered to me before Pearl Jam came along.
    - Justin

You think the Slayer tour is out, or what?

"Finally! I get to save the earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows." -- Al Gore.