I feel dirty....

CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
edited November 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
I just got done shopping at Walmart :(

I haven't shopped in a walmart forever....but the area I moved to has a 24 hour walmart and I needed to get a few necessities before my 12hr work day tomorrow.... I feel gross after being in there!!
"I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• arqarq Posts: 8,003
    Why so upset? is just walmart, there's something wrong with walmart that should know? i don't go to walmart often, just like twice a year but what's so wrong? :?:
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • DinghyDogDinghyDog Posts: 587
    edited November 2012
    -
    Post edited by DinghyDog on
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    DinghyDog wrote:
    i feel dirty after reading the sex board at the alternative board :oops:

Me too....but I like it!!!! ;)
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • DinghyDogDinghyDog Posts: 587
    edited November 2012
    -
    Post edited by DinghyDog on
    DinghyDog wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    DinghyDog wrote:

:oops:

Ohhhh stop being so embarrassed! It's just sex! :lol:
  • illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    not what i expected :(
    wah
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955

I haven't shopped in a walmart forever....but the area I moved to has a 24 hour walmart and I needed to get a few necessities before my 12hr work day tomorrow.... I feel gross after being in there!!
    oh wow i'm the same way!!!!!
    everything was closed on sunday night because of the holiday and i really needed to get something for my friend... so i went in there with my boyfriend who kept getting annoyed at me cos i was uneasy the entire time...
    i even spent money there, boo!
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    DinghyDog wrote:

+2! But some of that stuff is pretty hilarious :lol:
  • Yeah because getting stuff for like half price what they would normally be all in one place sucks so much!

You guys remind me of Tim Robbins in Team America, "well the corporations are so corporationy, they have to be stopped." You are not really saying anything significant.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • _Crazy_Mary__Crazy_Mary_ Posts: 1,299
    walmart's prices have gone up....
    I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.
  • walmart's prices have gone up....

prices for everything, everywhere have gone up, its called inflation.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    I don't like going there either. I don't think it is a political statement or anything, its just that I don't like their food. Their produce and meat suck. Their help is a joke. I don't like the crowds.

I really dig this supermarket here called Market Street. They are a little more expensive but their produce and meat are top notch. They have a huge selection, including stuff you can't find at Walmart. They carry your bags to the car, even if you only have one bag. They smile! Imagine that! I don't know, I still think you pay for service, even if you are buying the same product you could get cheaper somewhere else.

I do buy all of my cleaning supplies, toiletries, household stuff, etc. at Walmart though, or Target, and toys for the kids but that is about it.

My wife says she gets a headache whenever she drives onto the Walmart parking lot. She doesn't like crowds of people who are completely unaware of their surroundings though. Sounds like Walmart to me.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • _Crazy_Mary__Crazy_Mary_ Posts: 1,299

prices for everything, everywhere have gone up, its called inflation.

This may be, but the gap between Walmart prices & other supermarkets has narrowed. I used to shop at Walmart because it was so much cheaper! Now the extra drive isn't worth my time. Bummer. Plus one of my favorite Walmart purchases was buying a dozen eggs for $0.72 & now that I have a chicken egg farm, there's no reason to go there!
    I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.
    don't mind equallyworthless' bitterness, hes just mad cos i rejected going to the hockey game with him tonight. ;)

hating walmart is logical, and fun!
    deal with it.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    haffajappa wrote:

everything was closed on sunday night because of the holiday and i really needed to get something for my friend... so i went in there with my boyfriend who kept getting annoyed at me cos i was uneasy the entire time...

Same way here too...I refuse to shop at Wal-Mart...I went there recently but only because I won a $25 gift card from my work...I got frames to display the pictures that I won the card with :D
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
    Yeah because getting stuff for like half price what they would normally be all in one place sucks so much!

You guys remind me of Tim Robbins in Team America, "well the corporations are so corporationy, they have to be stopped." You are not really saying anything significant.

wallmart came here about ten years ago. it killed dozens of small businesses. its a small town. so all of that money that used to spread throughout the community now goes to wallmart.

once competition has been killed, they raise prices to anything they want. inflation is only part of the story-besides, does anyone get raises based on inflation? businesses don't feel the affects of inflation, everyone else does.

not to mention their labor practices. they take out the local mom and pop stores where employees are actually taken care of, and pay their employees minimum wage. which is far under the based-in-reality minimum wage.

prices may be cheaper, but its costs the community more in the long run.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Commy wrote:
    Yeah because getting stuff for like half price what they would normally be all in one place sucks so much!

wallmart came here about ten years ago. it killed dozens of small businesses. its a small town. so all of that money that used to spread throughout the community now goes to wallmart.

once competition has been killed, they raise prices to anything they want. inflation is only part of the story-besides, does anyone get raises based on inflation? businesses don't feel the affects of inflation, everyone else does.

not to mention their labor practices. they take out the local mom and pop stores where employees are actually taken care of, and pay their employees minimum wage. which is far under the based-in-reality minimum wage.

GREAT point.

FUCK WAL-MART!!!!
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    I know it's not politically correct to like walmart but screw it...I don't care! I love Walmart, it's cheap. :D
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Cinnamon GirlCinnamon Girl Posts: 1,854
    Walmart makes me uncomfortable....and the customer service is shit.

If I could shop thrift stores for the rest of my life I would be a happy girl! Thrill of the hunt!!
    05-10-06, 08-05-07, 06-14-08 , 08-12-08(EV), 06-11-09(EV), 06-12-09(EV), 08-21-09, 05-10-10, 09-11-11, 09-12-11, 07-16-13, 07-19-13, 10-12-13, 10-21-13, 10-22-13,
    Commy wrote:

exactly...
    not to say that i don't frequent large corporations (Starbucks for example, but Starbucks [from what i've heard from friends] treats their employees great), but i try to shop at smaller shops whenever possible - which isn't always because i'm a student so its hard to spend that extra money... but i try! and i feel shitty for going to the big places.
  • Back_PedalBack_Pedal Posts: 1,171
    arq wrote:
    Why so upset? is just walmart, there's something wrong with walmart that should know? i don't go to walmart often, just like twice a year but what's so wrong? :?:
    Watch this movie.
    http://www.walmartmovie.com/
    Thanks EPOTTSIII!
    "Vinyl or not, you will need to pay someone to take RA of your hands" - Smile05
    424, xxx
  • CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    dcfaithful wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:

Same way here too...I refuse to shop at Wal-Mart...I went there recently but only because I won a $25 gift card from my work...I got frames to display the pictures that I won the card with :D
    I'm glad I'm not alone out there!
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
    PJGARDEN wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    DinghyDog wrote:

+2! But some of that stuff is pretty hilarious :lol:

How come none of you people post there......but seem to do a lot of reading?!!? :shock: :shock:
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    If anyone feels dirty being in Wal*Mart, just think of the many places you've eating out at and buy your food. :o :shock:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    ZiggyStar wrote:

How come none of you people post there......but seem to do a lot of reading?!!? :shock: :shock:

I post there as much as I do here. My post come in waves. Just depends on how busy I am at work. But yes I do much more reading. Sorry :oops:
  • Cinnamon GirlCinnamon Girl Posts: 1,854
    ZiggyStar wrote:

I'm easing my way into that board. In the past month, I've signed up, and picked an avatar. No posting yet though. (I'm very cautious) :D
    05-10-06, 08-05-07, 06-14-08 , 08-12-08(EV), 06-11-09(EV), 06-12-09(EV), 08-21-09, 05-10-10, 09-11-11, 09-12-11, 07-16-13, 07-19-13, 10-12-13, 10-21-13, 10-22-13,
  • smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,563

Yeah because supporting a place that pays it's workers absolutely nothing really doesn't matter to you. That's because you were fortunate enough to not have to work there. So fuck everyone else right?
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,952
    Commy wrote:

I don't know, at the wal-mart I go to the people who work there don't seem to be that skilled. I mean even as far as retail workers go they seem to be on the lower end when it comes to customer service skills. So why shouldn't they make lower wages. I think it is companies paying unskilled or low skilled workers way too high wages that makes the prices for every shoot up.
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Wall-Mart enabled Kathy Lee Gifford to give hundreds of back breaking jobs to starving little kids. How many jobs have you created lately? I rest my case.
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    haffajappa wrote:
    don't mind equallyworthless' bitterness, hes just mad cos i rejected going to the hockey game with him tonight. ;)

hating walmart is logical, and fun!
    deal with it.
    ha!
    im there once a year..christmas eve..
    my mom would be furious if she knew all her gifts were from there..yea i suck :D