Options

something tells me you can get BETTER..........

2»

Comments

• Options
    Relax, it was a funny quip, no need to get all up in arms. We're all friends here, right? :?[/quote]

nope.[/quote]

Whoa, did somebody shit in your cereal this morning?
  • Options
    So go to ticketmaster, and shut it.

Wrong answer...

One of the MAJOR perks of paying to be in the fan club is the BETTER seats...if you've been 'with' the band for ten of fifteen years, it SHOULD MATTER...bad enough we don't get Christmas singles anywhere near Christmas anymore and the newsletter is increasingly (seemingly) hard for the band to keep up with... :?

you don't have to renew if you're not satisfied with their service. I've been a member for a long time, and have never had any complaints.

Like I said earlier...your idea of a long time is not the same as some of our ideas of a long time...if I've been in the fan club longer than you have been able to tie your own shoes, it's not my problem and I could give two shits where YOU sit at a show...also, if you have no complaints with the service then you CLEARLY have no reference point...those of us who have been members for MANY years remember when things were VERY different than now...obviously the ten plus year members are not going to not renew, but we can petition the band for a return to the older and BETTER ways of conducting their fan club...
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • Options
    Relax, it was a funny quip, no need to get all up in arms. We're all friends here, right? :?

nope.[/quote]

Whoa, did somebody shit in your cereal this morning?[/quote]

If they did, you should eat it... :D
  • Options

Wrong answer...

One of the MAJOR perks of paying to be in the fan club is the BETTER seats...if you've been 'with' the band for ten of fifteen years, it SHOULD MATTER...bad enough we don't get Christmas singles anywhere near Christmas anymore and the newsletter is increasingly (seemingly) hard for the band to keep up with... :?

you don't have to renew if you're not satisfied with their service. I've been a member for a long time, and have never had any complaints.[/quote]

Like I said earlier...your idea of a long time is not the same as some of our ideas of a long time...if I've been in the fan club longer than you have been able to tie your own shoes, it's not my problem and I could give two shits where YOU sit at a show...also, if you have no complaints with the service then you CLEARLY have no reference point...those of us who have been members for MANY years remember when things were VERY different than now...obviously the ten plus year members are not going to not renew, but we can petition the band for a return to the older and BETTER ways of conducting their fan club...[/quote]

All valid points, but my question is better for who? You, or the majority of the fan club members? I think the band and TC do backflips trying to satisfy everyone in the club, but its impossible to make every fan happy at the same time, someone's always gonna be left out in the cold. I don't think TC does its older members a disservice, but then again, like you said, I have no frame of reference. You can, however, take solice in the fact that you have, and always will, be almost statistically certain to have better seats than me and my crappy number. I may never get to be in the front like you, but that doesn't really bother me cuz for me its about the music. What's it about for you?
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
  • Options
    Like I said earlier...your idea of a long time is not the same as some of our ideas of a long time...if I've been in the fan club longer than you have been able to tie your own shoes, it's not my problem and I could give two shits where YOU sit at a show...also, if you have no complaints with the service then you CLEARLY have no reference point...those of us who have been members for MANY years remember when things were VERY different than now...obviously the ten plus year members are not going to not renew, but we can petition the band for a return to the older and BETTER ways of conducting their fan club...

so you are better than other fans, being in the fan club for a longer period of time? Everyone starts somewhere, I started after you, I sit behind you. But, I would sure love to be able to see a show up close once, just once, to get to see what you see EVERY time you go to a show.

Aren't we all for the ability of one to improve one's situation?
    -one thing to remember, always have a good time, all the time
  • Options

so you are better than other fans, being in the fan club for a longer period of time? Everyone starts somewhere, I started after you, I sit behind you. But, I would sure love to be able to see a show up close once, just once, to get to see what you see EVERY time you go to a show.

I am not better than anyone...not the point...people who have better numbers than mine (who have been in longer) I never bitch about...as for the newer members who want the chance to get up close "just once" YOU WILL GET YOURS IN YOUR DUE TIME...I GOT 8th row ONCE...then, 30 rows up side stage almost every other time...happened after the year they went to 'buy tickets to as many shows as you want' to instead of having to pick one show and I've been in the fan club for 10 years...
  • Options

I am not better than anyone...not the point...people who have better numbers than mine (who have been in longer) I never bitch about...as for the newer members who want the chance to get up close "just once" YOU WILL GET YOURS IN YOUR DUE TIME...I GOT 8th row ONCE...then, 30 rows up side stage almost every other time...happened after the year they went to 'buy tickets to as many shows as you want' to instead of having to pick one show and I've been in the fan club for 10 years...

P.S. Actually fifteen years, but it lapsed once by 92 days when I moved and didn't have a computer...(my own fault, I know)