Options

something tells me you can get BETTER..........

joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
edited April 2009 in The Porch
.... tickets through ticketmaster if you try ... 10c is getting soft in there old age. as PER EMAIL the sent everyone
have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    100 to 1 says you're wrong...let's just say I know you are.
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    After taking out the 10c lot and the "friends" of the various venues (being donors and season ticket holders) and further deducting the number of tickets which seemingly disappear in the shadows that plague the ticket broker business, tickets on TM WILL sell out in about 12 secs and if you pull anything it will most likely by shit. Say what you want about the 10c, the majority of us had great seats at the previous eV solo shows.

That said, I wish you and everyone else sincere luck. As many people as possible from this board should be on TM the morning tickets drop to try and grab anything they can and offer them back up here for face. It worked out very nicely for a lot of peoples on the April Fools leg.
  • Options
    mjb wrote:
    After taking out the 10c lot and the "friends" of the various venues (being donors and season ticket holders) and further deducting the number of tickets which seemingly disappear in the shadows that plague the ticket broker business, tickets on TM WILL sell out in about 12 secs and if you pull anything it will most likely by shit. Say what you want about the 10c, the majority of us had great seats at the previous eV solo shows.

That said, I wish you and everyone else sincere luck. As many people as possible from this board should be on TM the morning tickets drop to try and grab anything they can and offer them back up here for face. It worked out very nicely for a lot of peoples on the April Fools leg.

:? Don't you mean at face plus the ridiculous ticketmaster fees & taxes?
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • Options
    im not bashing 10c IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM member since 94.....so i have nothing to complain about....im just saying from the email they sent ..it sounded a little "out of key"...am i wrong for thinking that??
  • Options
    PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    joe2468 wrote:
    im not bashing 10c IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM member since 94.....so i have nothing to complain about....im just saying from the email they sent ..it sounded a little "out of key"...am i wrong for thinking that??

No if your fast enough on TM you can get some pretty damn good seats
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    joe2468 wrote:

No you are not wrong at all...I can sympathize having been privy to remembering what it used to feel like to be a 10C member ten years ago...I NEVER had a hard time getting fan club tickets and I always got SWEET seats...I was mildly offended by the new 'system' for ticket purchases and also have been quite offended lately by the ease of the website crashing....never used to be that way, so all us old schoolers have something to compare the current situation to...all the younger members have the 'that's the way it is' attitude...but not us old bastards who have shelled out thousands and thousands of dollars for YEARS and YEARS....go back to the system where you can get 2 tix to ONE FUCKING show of your choice and your tickets' location are based on your membership number...SENIORITY SHOULD MATTER TO PEARL JAM, IT IS AN INDICATOR OF LOYALTY !!!

Peace
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,885
    joe2468 wrote:

No you are not wrong at all...I can sympathize having been privy to remembering what it used to feel like to be a 10C member ten years ago...I NEVER had a hard time getting fan club tickets and I always got SWEET seats...I was mildly offended by the new 'system' for ticket purchases and also have been quite offended lately by the ease of the website crashing....never used to be that way, so all us old schoolers have something to compare the current situation to...all the younger members have the 'that's the way it is' attitude...but not us old bastards who have shelled out thousands and thousands of dollars for YEARS and YEARS....go back to the system where you can get 2 tix to ONE FUCKING show of your choice and your tickets' location are based on your membership number...SENIORITY SHOULD MATTER TO PEARL JAM, IT IS AN INDICATOR OF LOYALTY !!!

Peace

There really is no reason to go back to the one show, I think 10c knows that. My seats did not get any better or worse when they started allowing everyone to multiple shows. Allowing members to go to multiple shows only helps.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    joe2468 wrote:

Peace

There really is no reason to go back to the one show, I think 10c knows that. My seats did not get any better or worse when they started allowing everyone to multiple shows. Allowing members to go to multiple shows only helps.

It sure helps when it comes to scalpers selling tickets...a lot of fan club tickets are sold for outrageous money minutes after WILL-CALL
  • Options

It sure helps when it comes to scalpers selling tickets...a lot of fan club tickets are sold for outrageous money minutes after WILL-CALL

maybe, I have not seen it, and scalpers are going to get seats no matter what because of deals they have with ticketmaster and venues, But I would bet 95% or more of 10c seats are not scalped.
  • Options
    You should probably hold out for the shittiest tickets you can find, then hope you are selected in the venue to move down to the front row.
  • Options

maybe, I have not seen it, and scalpers are going to get seats no matter what because of deals they have with ticketmaster and venues, But I would bet 95% or more of 10c seats are not scalped.

I agree with that figure...less than 5%...but it is still really tough when the fucking website crashes every single time something cool is about to happen........ :roll:
  • Options

I agree with that figure...less than 5%...but it is still really tough when the fucking website crashes every single time something cool is about to happen........ :roll:

I can count how many times the website crashed in the last 4 years on one hand for stuff, Vic, Msg1, Msg2, and ED solo west coast. I think the new system is great for the ed tour and special shows, and I think it will continue for that stuff. If I don't get ed tix next week through 10c, I will try ticketmaster, I have got PJ tix though them before with great success, and ED last summer for DC, and I am sure I will again in the future. I had no problem with the website for every show in 2006 and 2008 other than NYC. And I don't have a T1 line, FIOS, superfast Cable hook up or a supercomputer.
  • Options
    joe2468 wrote:

Peace

My seats definately have gotten worse since the muliple show rule. On the 2000 tour I was never any further back fromthe stage than row 9. In Tampa last year I was in row 22, and my number is fairly low. Even if you took out the 4 row lottery, I've been bumped back 9 rows in 8 years. In 2003, the first year of the multiple show rule, I was in row 15 for the Buffalo show, that's 6 rows between tours. I'm not complaining just stating a fact.
  • Options
    Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
    So go to ticketmaster, and shut it.
    "It's all happening"
  • Options

I'll go when you move out of your mom's basement!
  • Options
    there are alway drops. I've had friends get better than 10c through day of show drops.
  • Options

Hey-O! :lol:
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
  • Options

Hey-O! :lol:

I'll be here all week! :D Normally,I don't make it a habit to be a douche on message boards, but sometimes somebody sets you up perfectly.
  • Options
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    something tells me you can get BETTER..........

i don't think so. according to rolling stone:

'As Rock Daily reported last week, many artists often keep the best seats in a venue and sell them on the secondary ticket market for a huge profit. '

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/i ... et-market/

hail hail Ten Club.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    when do they usely drop tickets on ticketmaster...i always miss them..i know they droped some david lynch ticketsat about 5 pm day before the show
  • Options
    joe2468 wrote:

Peace

Seniority is also an indicator of age. You being born before me is not an indicator of being more loyal or you being a bigger fan. I've been a fan since Ten, but being 7-8 at the time... not quite old enough to go to shows or join the fan club.

seniority should matter, but to me, I think being front row would mean more to someone who's been a section back there whole "life" than someone who's seen shows from the front row since the beginning. I'd like to see things switched up as far as seating is involved.
    -one thing to remember, always have a good time, all the time
  • Options
    PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965

Seniority is also an indicator of age. You being born before me is not an indicator of being more loyal or you being a bigger fan. I've been a fan since Ten, but being 7-8 at the time... not quite old enough to go to shows or join the fan club.

seniority should matter, but to me, I think being front row would mean more to someone who's been a section back there whole "life" than someone who's seen shows from the front row since the beginning. I'd like to see things switched up as far as seating is involved.

Yah! I wasn't even born yet when Ten came out. I'm a huge fan, been listening for years, and have been super loyal to the band despite my crappy number
    Does one person really need to be in the front rows for a bunch of shows? Spread the love!! :mrgreen:
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    PJ_kidd wrote:

Yah! I wasn't even born yet when Ten came out. I'm a huge fan, been listening for years, and have been super loyal to the band despite my crappy number
    Does one person really need to be in the front rows for a bunch of shows? Spread the love!! :mrgreen:

Out of the mouths of babes! :D
  • Options
    tubes10stubes10s Posts: 512
    PJ_kidd wrote:

it is being spread, man! remember last year with rows 1&2 and 9&10 being "random?" that's a pretty sweet setup for letting new folks have chances to get up front. i personally like it, even though i haven't been lucky enough to ever be front row.

i hope that the 10club NEVER drops seniority as a factor in selling fanclub tickets to concerts. i'm sorry that you're younger, but at the same time, would it be fair to take away the effects of seniority on folks with lower numbers just because they are older than you?
    8-31-98 - Raleigh
    8-3-00 - Virginia Beach
    4-16-03 - Charlotte
    5-27-06 - Camden 1
    5-28-06 - Camden 2
    5-30-06 - DC
    6-17-08 - Virginia Beach
    6-22-08 - DC
    5-13-10 - Bristow
    10-27-13 - Baltimore
    10-29-13 - Charlottesville
    4-18-16 - Hampton
  • Options

I'll be here all week! :D Normally,I don't make it a habit to be a douche on message boards, but sometimes somebody sets you up perfectly.

you're seriously proud of that weak attempt?
    "It's all happening"
  • Options

Relax, it was a funny quip, no need to get all up in arms. We're all friends here, right? :?
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
  • Options

Relax, it was a funny quip, no need to get all up in arms. We're all friends here, right? :?

nope.
    "It's all happening"
  • Options

Wrong answer...

One of the MAJOR perks of paying to be in the fan club is the BETTER seats...if you've been 'with' the band for ten of fifteen years, it SHOULD MATTER...bad enough we don't get Christmas singles anywhere near Christmas anymore and the newsletter is increasingly (seemingly) hard for the band to keep up with... :?
  • Options

Wrong answer...

One of the MAJOR perks of paying to be in the fan club is the BETTER seats...if you've been 'with' the band for ten of fifteen years, it SHOULD MATTER...bad enough we don't get Christmas singles anywhere near Christmas anymore and the newsletter is increasingly (seemingly) hard for the band to keep up with... :?

you don't have to renew if you're not satisfied with their service. I've been a member for a long time, and have never had any complaints.
    "It's all happening"