Options

Rolling Stone is out of it's mind!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Rolling Stone is run by a gay 60 year old very powerful man in the music industry who knows very little about actual music, other than how to accept favors. Not sexual favors (that I know of) but he is really from the old school.

PJ is not the kind of band that this man would understand. Nor the little lackeys around him.
    Please! He put John Cougar Mellencamp in the Rock Hall this year- does THAT guy really deserve it? Um..no.

And for the holier than thou people on here who say "check before you start another thread" cram it. It's a message board, not a board meeting.

I understand bringing attention to someone's age in this case, age could have a lot to do with someone's music taste and the generational splits in the list ... but ... why does pointing out that he's gay matter?
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    whatever....rs is full of snobs just like the mucky mucks at the rock and roll hall of fame...would you expect anything different?
    s

Montreal/98, Toronto/00'03'05'06x2, Brad Toronto/02, Buffalo/03, Kitchener/05, London/05, Hamilton/05, Late Show Taping/06, Cleveland/06, Pittsburgh/06, Bridge School Benefit Concert/06, Hartford/08, Mansfield 1/08, EV Montreal/08x2, EV Toronto/08x2...
  • Options
    This thread is hilarious. All of your poor panties are wrapped up in bunches. Oh no! Someone didn't kiss pearl jam's ass!! The funniest thing is...it was voted on by Eddie's peers....NOT the magazine you all hate for some reason. Obviously other singers don't hold Eddie in as high regard as we do here and that is understandable. I have several friends who can't stand his voice. Literally hate it. My one friend said she would love Pearl Jam if he wasn't singing. I disagree with her but I respect her opinion and could see how his voice might not be everybody's cup of tea.

Just chill out people.

I'm not being funny, but I don't hold Mary J Blige in any regard let alone 'high' and I certainly wouldn't see her as one of Eddie's peers.
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    i finally looked at this list, and absolutely there were about 4-5 people that I wouldn't have on there, but all in all it's a pretty accurate list. they're not saying 'frontman', 'musician', 'lead vocalist', they're saying singer. it's argumentative that vedder belongs on this list, but i can see why he's not. i believe cobain should'nt be on there either.
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    pirlo21pirlo21 Posts: 534
    Sorry if this has already been added, but there is an alternative 'fan' version of the list!

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/11/24/readers-rock-list-more-of-the-greatest-singers-of-all-time/

That's more like it!
    Cymru Am Byth

PJ albums, at the moment!! -
    1,Vs 2,Vitalogy 3,No Code 4,Yield 5,Ten 6,Backspacer, 7Pearl Jam 8,Binaural 9,Riot Act.