Options

""The Opportunity to buy tickets""

Comments

• Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,359
    dlymnfld wrote:
    I recieved an email at 1:22 p.m EST. What time were they in the goods sections.

1:00 sharp. I got my confirmation at 1:01.
  • Options
    surforiasurforia SoCal Posts: 346
    Cosmo wrote:
    surforia wrote:
    We'll have to see how it works out... I've been in the fanclub for 14 years, my number is 106XXX, and I live in Philly... I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be super-pissed if I got shut out of the Friday show at the Tower...
    I hope you get them... and i hope you are in the front row.

Thanks! I don't even care where my seats are really...
    9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 8/18/00, 10/8/00, 10/9/00, 4/28/03, 6/22/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 10/2/04, 10/5/04, 10/1/05, 10/3/05, 5/28/06, 6/20/08, 6/25/08, 10/27/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/22/16, 9/26/21, 10/1/21, 10/2/21, 5/3/22, 5/6/22
  • Options
    OneTooFreeOneTooFree Posts: 265
    I wonder if they'll keep our $162 even if we aren't chosen to buy tickets.

:roll:
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    surforia wrote:
    We'll have to see how it works out... I've been in the fanclub for 14 years, my number is 106XXX, and I live in Philly... I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be super-pissed if I got shut out of the Friday show at the Tower...
    I hope you get them... and i hope you are in the front row.

I totally agree with you. Ive been in the fan club for over 10 years and a fan since 93 and its seems to be meaning less these days.
    Pearl Jam Shows: 1998 - 9/11 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 9/13 Hartford, CT || 2000 - 8/24 Wantagh, NY (Jones Beach 2); 8/27 Saratoga Springs; 8/29 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 8/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2) || 2003 - 4/29 Albany, NY; 5/3 State College, PA; 7/2 Mansfield (night 1); 7/6 Camden, NJ (night 2); 7/8 New York, NY (MSG night 1) || 2004 - 9/28 Boston, MA (night 1); 9/29 Boston, MA (night 2) || 2005 - 10/3 Philadelphia, PA || 2006 - 5/12 Albany, NY; 5/13 Hartford, CT; 5/24 Boston, MA (night 1); 5/25 Boston, MA (night 2); 5/27 Camden, NJ (night 1); 5/28 Camden, NJ (night 2)|| 2008 - 6/19 Camden, NJ (night 1); 6/24 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 6/25 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 6/27 Hartford, CT; 6/28 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 6/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2); 7/1 New York, NY (Beacon Theater)|| 2009 - 9/21 Seattle, WA (night 1); 9/22 Seattle, WA (night 2); 10/27 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 1); 10/28 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 2); 10/30 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 3); 10/31 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 4)|| 2010 - 5/15 Hartford, CT; 5/17 Boston, MA; 5/20 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 5/21 New York, NY (MSG night 2)|| 2011 - 9/3 East Troy, WI (PJ20); 9/4 East Troy, WI (PJ20) || 2012 - 9/2 Philadelphia, PA, 9/30 Missoula, MT || 2013 - 7/19 Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), 10/12 Buffalo, NY, 10/15 Worcester, MA (night 1), 10/16 Worcester, MA (night 2), 10/18 Brooklyn, NY (night 1), 10/19 Brooklyn, NY (night 2), 10/25 Hartford, CT || 2014 - 10/22 Denver, CO || 2015 -  9/26 New York, NY (Global Citizen Festival) || 2016 - 5/1 New York, NY (night 1), 5/2 New York, NY (night 2), 8/5 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1), 8/7 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 2) || 2018 - 9/2 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1) || 2020 - 3/30 New York, NY
    Eddie Vedder solo: 2008 - Boston night 1 & 2 || 2009 - Albany, NY night 1 & 2 || 2011 - Hartford, CT, Boston, MA

• Options
    rsimms3 wrote:
    This is rather ridiciulous. No email to members? Why do I pay for a membership to have stuff like this come up unannounced? The FTM announcement has been up for....how long? I like the 1 show per person process, but to not make 10c members aware of an upcoming sale specifically? Garbage.

There were two emails that told us something was coming soon. And you have until Friday to place yourself in the lotteries of your choice. Chill out
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    surforia wrote:

Logically, no one will be 'shut out' as everyone will have the same opportunity to be 'chosen'. It's totally random. Of course not everyone will get tickets, even if the tickets were ONLY sold to 'local' people. I'm guessing even that way, demand for tix will be greater than tix available.
  • Options
    ChazzChazz Somerset, UK Posts: 1,090
    samnation wrote:
    I believe this will be a much better way to sell the tickets. How many times has there been a ticket sale and there is a mad panic at the time of the sale followed by crashes, disappointment, yelling, frustration, etc. etc.? At least with this sale you don't need to freak out and have 4 browsers open all that nonsense. You just put your name in and hope for the best, pretty simple. It's not a guaranteed ticket but face it, neither were the regular presales when they would sell out in 2 seconds. I'd much rather do it this way with a LOT less stress.

Totally agree........like I just said in another thread, we need to see the % of who does/doesn't get tickets before the wingefest begins :? ....not that it makes any difference to me cos I'm not allowed to buy tickets - roll on the EV Euro tour :)
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • Options
    samnationsamnation Los Angeles, CA Posts: 277
    I totally agree with you. Ive been in the fan club for over 10 years and a fan since 93 and its seems to be meaning less these days.

I'd put the sticks and stones down until PJ actually tour. The EV shows have been a different thing so far. I'm glad this gives 10C a chance to try something different. But seniority has always been a big part of PJ ticket, no way it's going away any time soon.
    Sam
  • Options
    Can we 'purchase' the opportunity to more than one show?? I so far only 'purchased' for one show, but can I try for more than one? I am not clear on this, please help!! :)
  • Options
    Can we 'purchase' the opportunity to more than one show?? I so far only 'purchased' for one show, but can I try for more than one? I am not clear on this, please help!! :)

you can only secure the opportunity to be selected for a second pair to one of the two rollover dates indicated by single asterisks.

edit: it's actually three according to the email i just got from 10c:

Hi,
    There are 3 rollover shows that you can choose from in addition to your 1 EV show request:
    Jun 9* Albany, NY Palace Theatre
    Jun 21* Memphis, TN Orpheum
    Jun 24* Atlanta, GA Cobb Energy Performing Arts Ctr
    10c
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
  • Options
    [/quote]
    you can only secure the opportunity to be selected for a second pair to one of the two rollover dates indicated by single asterisks.

edit: it's actually three according to the email i just got from 10c:

Hi,
    There are 3 rollover shows that you can choose from in addition to your 1 EV show request:
    Jun 9* Albany, NY Palace Theatre
    Jun 21* Memphis, TN Orpheum
    Jun 24* Atlanta, GA Cobb Energy Performing Arts Ctr
    10c[/quote]

That is what I thought... thank you sooooo much for your help!! :)
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,587
    I like the one show deal. When they used to do that I would get second row every show and on recent tours I've been 15 or 20 rows back off to the side (still great!). I hope I get Nashville but if I don't I will still make it to the show somehow. If I do get it I will also have my extra available for someone on here.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    I love this new policy!

It give people the opportunity to get something. May not be their first choice, but at least you probably won't get shut out or lock out of the site on ticket sale day. It has been so frustrating in the past to get pumped up for tickets only to get shut out.

I still think they should go back to the old school snail mail and money order system.....Ahhh the good ole' days!
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    rsimms3 wrote:
    This is rather ridiciulous. No email to members? Why do I pay for a membership to have stuff like this come up unannounced? The FTM announcement has been up for....how long? I like the 1 show per person process, but to not make 10c members aware of an upcoming sale specifically? Garbage.

i got an email about an hour or so ago. they also posted a "tweet tweet" yesterday. less than ideal? YES. garbage? NO.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    mfc2006 wrote:
    rsimms3 wrote:

i got an email about an hour or so ago. they also posted a "tweet tweet" yesterday. less than ideal? YES. garbage? NO.
    Just go the email now, but everyone knew this was coming
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    Not PavedNot Paved Posts: 45
    I'm also a fan of this experiment.

Now, historically I've had great success with the old process. I have access to a fast internet connection, and more often than not have been able to gobble up the tickets I set my sites on. That said, this just feels like a much saner way to handle the logistical aspect of selling off a scarce good that is in high demand.

When debating, please remember there are two distinct Ten Club decisions at play:

First, the Ten Club has chosen to address the flood of folks hitting their server asking for tickets. Their solution is to extend the on-sale window and to eliminate "first in line" as a factor in awarding tickets. Bravo.

A second and entirely separate decision is what rules the Ten Club uses when awarding tickets in place of "first in line". For the Ed tour they're saying "one show maximum, plus maybe rollover shows, randomly awarded, no seniority, no hometown priority, etc". Whether or not you agree with these policies, recognize that changes to them can be made independently of the first decision.
  • Options
    Also, for those that have been around a while, isn't it funny how things come full circle? I mean, remember the days of receiving the Ten Club concert tickets form in the mail and indicating on paper which show you'd like the opportunity to buy tickets for? Get your request in by the cutoff date, trust the US Postal System, and cross your fingers that you are selected! :D
  • Options
    stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    Not Paved wrote:
    Also, for those that have been around a while, isn't it funny how things come full circle? I mean, remember the days of receiving the Ten Club concert tickets form in the mail and indicating on paper which show you'd like the opportunity to buy tickets for? Get your request in by the cutoff date, trust the US Postal System, and cross your fingers that you are selected! :D

Then technology came along and fucked it all up!
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383

You're in the Pearl Jam fan club, not the Eddie Vedder fan club. Think about it.
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    SC16205SC16205 Posts: 26
    Not Paved wrote:

Ahhhh, the old days of 1998-2001. :)
  • Options
    hinx wrote:
    This is seriously the weirdest process ever. I don't like it and I really hope they don't do the full tour this way.

I agree 100%. I'd rather get them on the ticketbastard public onsale.
  • Options
    hinx wrote:
    This is seriously the weirdest process ever. I don't like it and I really hope they don't do the full tour this way.

Something else to keep in mind too is there may be a city where they don't sell out of the allotted tickets and EVERYONE who participates in the lottery gets a ticket. But again, the whole crazy bottleneck, server crash, freakout is completely avoided.

You buy your tickets when it's convenient for you (some people don't have internet access at work/class) and you still have a great shot at the best seats. 10C is fulfilling their promise and everyone gets a fair shot. I don't think it's weird at all.
    Sam
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    there seems to be two sides to this conversation:

those who only look at their own personal wants and those who try and see what is best for everyone
  • Options
    Pats54Pats54 Posts: 276
    hinx wrote:

Wait and buy them closer to the show. Saw EV last summer in Boston and payed less than FV for great seats. Ticketsnow couldn't dump them fast enough. Same deal with the PJ tour last summer. I had two extras I couldn't give away. While they are a popular band thankfully for us they are no where in the league of U2.
  • Options
    SC16205SC16205 Posts: 26
    Pats54 wrote:
    While they are a popular band thankfully for us they are no where in the league of U2.

Thank the Lord almighty they are not in "the league of U2". :twisted:
  • Options
    Pats54Pats54 Posts: 276
    SC16205 wrote:
    Pats54 wrote:
    While they are a popular band thankfully for us they are no where in the league of U2.

Thank the Lord almighty they are not in "the league of U2". :twisted:

Couldn't agree more.
  • Options
    hinx wrote:

Really?! You'd rather sit the pre-sale out than give it a shot?

This got me thinking. What are the legitimate concerns about this new process? As I stated previously in this thread, I'm a fan of this experiment. Still, it's good to understand others' points of view. Having read a number of reactions, here are the complaints I've seen:

1. "Requesting tickets for a show and then having to wait to learn my fate is stressful." Some people would rather get all their stress out of the way banging their heads against browser issues and the mad scramble for tickets right when they go on sale, as opposed to having to await word from the Ten Club. Shrug. Get your head right, and learn to enjoy the anticipation.

2. "I don't like having a hold on my card for tickets that I might not get." This seems like the most legit concern to me. Different folks are in different financial situations, and there's always the chance for things to go wrong when you start trying to get fancy with credit and debit card charges. That said, the Ten Club specifically speaks to some of these concerns in their announcement this morning, and I'd like to think they'll continue to be sensitive to this if it's a burden on folks.

3. "I've always gotten tickets before. I've always done what it takes to get in front of a computer. Why change the process?" As I stated earlier in this thread, I too have always done pretty well with ticket sales. I have a job that gives me easy access to the internet and the flexibility to get in front of a computer whenever tickets go on sale. Not everyone is so lucky, and there's no reason to think the band wants to go out of its way to reward those of us who have those sorts of jobs. The new extended pre-sale process seems much more fair.

4. "I want Ten Club tickets to more than one show!" "I want seniority-based seating!" "I want priority for the show near my home!" "Ticket prices are expensive!" etc. There are a lot of other concerns and complaints being tossed around, some more legitimate than others, that have nothing to do with the new pre-sale system. In fact, most of these are actually reasons to support the new method for requesting Ten Club tickets. The new system actually makes it easier for the Ten Club to try and get fancy and fair (or just plain experimental) with their ticket granting algorithm, if they so desire, because they don't have to compute it all in the heat of the moment right when the pre-sale begins. Having all tickets go on sale at once, first-come-first-serve, just punts on the issue.

5. "It's shady that the Ten Club decides which requests to accept in some back room somewhere. At least with an online onsale stampede, there's less room for conspiracy theories." I have to admit this angle hadn't occurred to me. I personally give the Ten Club the benefit of the doubt, but can respect people who take the principled positions that transparency is always desirable. Is the Ten Club bribe-able? ;)

Any other concerns I'm missing? Even in light of these concerns, I personally still find the positives to easily outweigh the negatives.
  • Options
    Not Paved wrote:
    This got me thinking. What are the legitimate concerns about this new process? As I stated previously in this thread, I'm a fan of this experiment. Still, it's good to understand others' points of view. Having read a number of reactions, here are the complaints I've seen...

Great post!
    Regarding #4, I'm sure the PJ sales will not have the same restrictions.
    Regarding #5, those same conspiracy theorists were already working overtime during all the previous presales. As long as one person got something that another person did not, there will be conspiracy theorists and people calling "foul!" It's the nature of the beast. But especially considering you only pay $20 a YEAR to be in the 10C, I think they go above and beyond to take care of the members. There are plenty of other bands/artists that charge double or triple that and just hand off their ticket presales to Livenation and/or Ticketmaster without a second thought.
    Sam
  • Options
    melva02melva02 Posts: 298
    SC187848 wrote:
    The thing I wish they did was add the ability to say "I can do night 1 or night 2" As an example i live in baltimore and don't care if i get night 1 or night 2 as long as I get tickets. So that would have been a nice feature.

Yeah, really! I'd like to drive up from Richmond. Sunday would be easier for me, but I bet a lot of people are in the same situation. So should I make my one request for Monday, since I think fewer people might put in, increasing my odds of being selected? Or should I go for the day I really want?

I'd rather not have to make this decision. I guess the best thing to do is put in for Monday and try to get TM tickets for Sunday. Then try to remember if I have any friends in Baltimore so I only need half as much gas.

Melissa
  • Options
    Really?! You'd rather sit the pre-sale out than give it a shot?
    Yes, I really would. I only need one seat, and I don't have an extra 80 bucks or feel like trying to find a buyer for the spare. In the past I've bought pairs for various shows, and I had a hard time getting rid of the extra ticket. I've had situations where people wouldn't respond to my posts about the spare ticket until the extreme last minute hoping I'd be desperate and sell under face. I have also had people tell me flat out that they will only pay a good deal under face value. I'm not saying that would happen in this case, but my cash flow is limited and I can't afford to take that chance. I'm sure I will go, it might not be with a ten club ticket and I'm ok with that, and if not I'm ok with that too. I only get paid once a month and I have to budget my cash. Concert tickets are low on the list of priorities, they fall somewhere below rent, food, and utilities.