Options

West Palm and Tampa Info

2»

Comments

• Options
    iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784
    nukeboot wrote:
    Bruce B. Downs is on the northern edge of Tampa.

The Forum is several miles to the south in downtown.
    several miles? it's pretty much downtown...at least from the view from my apartment :)
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
  • Options
    nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    iamsampj wrote:
    several miles? it's pretty much downtown...at least from the view from my apartment :)

I said the Forum is several miles south of Bruce B. Downs IN downtown.
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    JoWesleyJoWesley Posts: 109
    So I am slightly stressed, someone please tell me this will work out ok. Our flights get into Tampa at 2:15 on Wed, the 11th. We will grab our rental and drive to WPB. If the show is at 7:30 will we be ok? They won't give our tix away will they? I know I will have to miss the tailgate :(
    Aug 93 - Toronto Mar 94 - Ann Arbor
    Sep 96 - Toledo Aug 98 - East Lansing
    Oct 00 - Detroit Apr 03 - Cleveland
    Jun 03 - Detroit May 06 - Grand Rapids & Detroit
    Jul 07 - Lolla Jun 08 - WPB & Tampa
    Vedder: DC 1&2, Chicago 2
  • Options
    cantomscantoms Posts: 49
    I don't really know the Florida area, but from my personal experience it's always been tight flying in the same day of the show. I've been delayed for so many reasons including weather, mechanical problems, airline incompetence (13 hrs to get from Montreal to NYC!!).

I'm sure you won't miss PJ as they'll go on around 9-9:30 and I've picked up 10C tickets minutes before the show began, so your tickets will be safe.

JoWesley wrote:
    So I am slightly stressed, someone please tell me this will work out ok. Our flights get into Tampa at 2:15 on Wed, the 11th. We will grab our rental and drive to WPB. If the show is at 7:30 will we be ok? They won't give our tix away will they? I know I will have to miss the tailgate :(
  • Options
    were about an hour and half north of tampa and i owuld say about 3.5 north of west palm..will stay in west palm the night if that show and drive to tampa in the am..then after tampa show we will just drive home, we have 2 young children that have doc appt the next day...so i guess will be super tired but all well worht it
    last time we seen them in west palm we stayed at a hotel across the mall i belive it was about 10/15 minutes to the apitheather
  • Options
    cantoms wrote:
    I don't really know the Florida area, but from my personal experience it's always been tight flying in the same day of the show. I've been delayed for so many reasons including weather, mechanical problems, airline incompetence (13 hrs to get from Montreal to NYC!!).

I'm sure you won't miss PJ as they'll go on around 9-9:30 and I've picked up 10C tickets minutes before the show began, so your tickets will be safe.

I totally agree with you. The only day our airline flies is Weds and Saturdays (Allegiant). We have had great luck with them in the past..flew with them many times to Disney. ;) The only problem is the limited days and times. I am just going to have to cross my fingers and hope. I also really don't want to miss KOL, my husband is a huge KOL fan too. A main reason for us to make the trip is to see KOL and PJ together again. Thanks for making me feel better....I just really didn't want to think they may just pass out our tickets.

One more question, is there a chance for WPB that we are on the lawn with our 10c seats? My number isn't the best, (205,xxx) I still kick myself for not signing up when I was 15 :)
  • Options
    nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    JoWesley wrote:

You should be fine as long as your flight isn't delayed.

The Tampa airport is very easy to get in and out of and the rental cars are just across from the arrival level.

If you hit the road by 2:45 the traffic won't be bad and you should make it to WPB in time.

Good luck!
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    nukeboot wrote:
    You should be fine as long as your flight isn't delayed.

The Tampa airport is very easy to get in and out of and the rental cars are just across from the arrival level.

If you hit the road by 2:45 the traffic won't be bad and you should make it to WPB in time.

Good luck!

Awesome! Thank you!!
  • Options
    leadbedr10leadbedr10 Posts: 409
    JoWesley wrote:

One more question, is there a chance for WPB that we are on the lawn with our 10c seats? My number isn't the best, (205,xxx) I still kick myself for not signing up when I was 15 :)

Im 217 and the furthest ive been back is 16 row. that was gorge night 1 06.
    Im usually in 13-15.
  • Options
    release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    baruchr wrote:
    cool thanks, we plan on staying somewhere in the miami beach area and renting a car for the drive up and back, any other advise about driving will help? Any traffic to be aware of leaving Miami??

The traffic leaving Miami should be fine.."IF" you plan on tailgating and get there super early like some of us...If you go at around 4pm or later expect traffic..
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • Options
    leadbedr wrote:
    Im usually in 13-15.

OMG! That would be a dream come true! I have NEVER been that close. Ever ever! We usually went through TM..wtf were we thinking?
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    leadbedr wrote:
    Im usually in 13-15.

im 218,XXX so hopefully ill be close myself :)