Options

FAN CLUB MEMBERS ONLY SHOWS

2»

Comments

• Options
    Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,561
    they should do like the stones did a few years ago and in each major city do a club, an indoor arena and an outdoor stadium. even though the "club" they did in chicago was the aragon that holds about 5000, but i like the general idea.
  • Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    and even if PJ agreed to have its members pay the fees, TM and Live Nation would never agree to give up their allotment of tickets from the "TM Marketplace" and Ticketmaster's "Ticketsnow.com" secondary market. There is currently legislation trying to be passed that would prevent TM from putting any tickets on their broker sites until after two days of the initial onsale. Unfortunately, they could just withhold these tickets from the regular onsale completely. Michael Cohl, former president of Live Nation, made ticket releases and withholding an art form during the last couple of Rolling Stones tours and even with him out of power there, his methods are now well known.

Ten Club has always done their best to provide me with the best opportunities for the best seats as far as I am concerned, so I go into each tour announcement with the understanding that Pearl Jam is doing more for me as a regular fan than any other band I am a fan of.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    Palace Theatre in Albany would be nice for a fan club only show!!!

Now we are talking I could walk across the street from my house and go to a fan club only show. damn one can dream.
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    voodoopug wrote:
    and even if PJ agreed to have its members pay the fees, TM and Live Nation would never agree to give up their allotment of tickets from the "TM Marketplace" and Ticketmaster's "Ticketsnow.com" secondary market. There is currently legislation trying to be passed that would prevent TM from putting any tickets on their broker sites until after two days of the initial onsale. Unfortunately, they could just withhold these tickets from the regular onsale completely. Michael Cohl, former president of Live Nation, made ticket releases and withholding an art form during the last couple of Rolling Stones tours and even with him out of power there, his methods are now well known.

Ten Club has always done their best to provide me with the best opportunities for the best seats as far as I am concerned, so I go into each tour announcement with the understanding that Pearl Jam is doing more for me as a regular fan than any other band I am a fan of.
    100% agree
    but they might go for a few fanclub shows since they are now under the magnifying glass

Schumer's legislation does little IMHO
  • Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    they should do like the stones did a few years ago and in each major city do a club, an indoor arena and an outdoor stadium. even though the "club" they did in chicago was the aragon that holds about 5000, but i like the general idea.

I was at most of the Stones club shows in 2002 and it was a great concept. We as PJ fans have to realize that PJ is one of the few bands that completely revamp their set list from show to show. The real benefit of the Stones doing the three different sized venues is that the Club shows featured a lot of obscure songs (Hand of Fate, Dance Pt. 1, Torn and Frayed, etc), the arena shows featured a mix of "warhorses" along with the second tier of recognizable songs (Bitch, If You Can't Rock Me, Shattered, Cant You Hear Me Knocking), while the stadium shows were mostly greatest hits. Pearl Jam does not seem to take venue size into consideration at all and has no problems treating the fans to rare songs no matter what the venue (ie "Education" and Lolla and "All Night" at Bonnaroo).

The intimacy of a smaller venue would be pretty neat as a fan (I was at the Vic and it still stands as my favorite PJ show by a landslide), but most of us are in the prime seats at the bigger venues anyway. I'd rather see them play more shows within a driving range than they try to fight Ticketmaster again.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,945
    FAN CLUB only seattle show. please.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II '24