Options

** reader discretion is totally advised ** ed tour?

Comments

• Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    maybe ed just has the itch to play live and the rest of the band - and the new album - aren';t ready quite yet? he's been doing, and has more coming up...charitable/collective gigs, but just ed....so perhaps he enjoyed it so much before...going for more? as for the new album, i'd rather wait, have it totally *perfected*...them have time to really get it together, practice, decide their tour itinerary, etc...and go for a fall/winter tour. i DO hope they hit up the east coast.....but i am sure for the west/south/oz or SA....fall/winter is great weather for em there. i will just say once more...NYC is spectacular in the auntumn!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Not me. The albums they've taken a long time to "perfect" all sucked. The albums where they all jumped into the studio and worked out material live in a few weeks while Brendan O'Brien gave them the straight score on what worked and what didn't were all vastly superior.
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    d'oh! :oops:

shouldn't of posted this! it's just how i feel about this.
    sorry! :(

*places headphones, lies on sofa, spinning binaural!
    LOL D, dont worry about. Its not a big deal.
    Pearl Jam Shows: 1998 - 9/11 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 9/13 Hartford, CT || 2000 - 8/24 Wantagh, NY (Jones Beach 2); 8/27 Saratoga Springs; 8/29 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 8/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2) || 2003 - 4/29 Albany, NY; 5/3 State College, PA; 7/2 Mansfield (night 1); 7/6 Camden, NJ (night 2); 7/8 New York, NY (MSG night 1) || 2004 - 9/28 Boston, MA (night 1); 9/29 Boston, MA (night 2) || 2005 - 10/3 Philadelphia, PA || 2006 - 5/12 Albany, NY; 5/13 Hartford, CT; 5/24 Boston, MA (night 1); 5/25 Boston, MA (night 2); 5/27 Camden, NJ (night 1); 5/28 Camden, NJ (night 2)|| 2008 - 6/19 Camden, NJ (night 1); 6/24 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 6/25 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 6/27 Hartford, CT; 6/28 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 6/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2); 7/1 New York, NY (Beacon Theater)|| 2009 - 9/21 Seattle, WA (night 1); 9/22 Seattle, WA (night 2); 10/27 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 1); 10/28 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 2); 10/30 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 3); 10/31 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 4)|| 2010 - 5/15 Hartford, CT; 5/17 Boston, MA; 5/20 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 5/21 New York, NY (MSG night 2)|| 2011 - 9/3 East Troy, WI (PJ20); 9/4 East Troy, WI (PJ20) || 2012 - 9/2 Philadelphia, PA, 9/30 Missoula, MT || 2013 - 7/19 Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), 10/12 Buffalo, NY, 10/15 Worcester, MA (night 1), 10/16 Worcester, MA (night 2), 10/18 Brooklyn, NY (night 1), 10/19 Brooklyn, NY (night 2), 10/25 Hartford, CT || 2014 - 10/22 Denver, CO || 2015 -  9/26 New York, NY (Global Citizen Festival) || 2016 - 5/1 New York, NY (night 1), 5/2 New York, NY (night 2), 8/5 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1), 8/7 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 2) || 2018 - 9/2 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1) || 2020 - 3/30 New York, NY
    Eddie Vedder solo: 2008 - Boston night 1 & 2 || 2009 - Albany, NY night 1 & 2 || 2011 - Hartford, CT, Boston, MA

• Options
    strummers wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    ok! just wanted to say something and many i know feel the same way & many not the same! yes & yes .. or maybe no. there will be another ed tour and the rumor points to june. but why another ed tour? yet again east coast of the usa?

many say, the new pearl jam record is complete, many say the new pearl jam record is not complete! but many say, they were in the studio so a new record is coming soon real soon! new single will hit the airwaves this summer! too much to take in that .. blow's our mind! :D

which leads to a new tour right? but why the sudden solo tour? when i read & hear that my band is making a new album, reading they are in the studio, new album coming out real soon, that kicks ass! but when i read & hear another ed solo tour (during the time of the making of the new record) don't understand! would rather see ed with his time & heart in the studio kicking out some amazing tracks that will blow my mind once again.

not to rush the new album or anything. i did experience 6 ed solo show's last year. as another rumor goes a pearl jam tour in the fall, which is coming! why not wait till the new record is 100% finished, all polished up, fully complete! then plan a world tour on that? as many countries want a piece of pearl jam, right?

Everything I've read indicates Ed has pretty much zero interest in PJ at this point, let alone the new album. All these articles the rest of the band is hanging out and writing, and Ed is off somewhere else playing shows and occasionally adding lyrics to demos. This album is so far from done it's ridiculous to think we'll hear anything this summer. I'd be shocked if we hear anything in 2009. If they can't even get their singer to join them in the studio, this band is on its last legs.

Wondered how long it would take for this rumour to start.

Rumor? That's nothing but opinion based on reading between the lines in interviews.
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    maybe ed just has the itch to play live and the rest of the band - and the new album - aren';t ready quite yet? he's been doing, and has more coming up...charitable/collective gigs, but just ed....so perhaps he enjoyed it so much before...going for more? as for the new album, i'd rather wait, have it totally *perfected*...them have time to really get it together, practice, decide their tour itinerary, etc...and go for a fall/winter tour. i DO hope they hit up the east coast.....but i am sure for the west/south/oz or SA....fall/winter is great weather for em there. i will just say once more...NYC is spectacular in the auntumn!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Not me. The albums they've taken a long time to "perfect" all sucked. The albums where they all jumped into the studio and worked out material live in a few weeks while Brendan O'Brien gave them the straight score on what worked and what didn't were all vastly superior.

Sorry, but none of the albums have "sucked" :roll:
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611

Rumor? That's nothing but opinion based on reading between the lines in interviews.

Apologies, this 'opinion'.
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,885
    I really doubt that very many east coast dates are going to be played if it is Ed solo, and we all really have no idea how much of the albulm is done. For all we know, they have been messing with us and the new albulm could be pretty much ready by now.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    strummers wrote:

Sorry, but none of the albums have "sucked" :roll:

Riot Act sucked. s/t was very mediocre. Binaural was good, but that's it. They haven't made a great album since Yield... the last time they all went into a studio at the same time and worked out songs together live. Now we hear that Stone and Jeff are putting their heads together for songs and having fun doing it, while Ed occasionally turns in some half baked lyrics that are mailed from his latest high profile benefit gig.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,575
    strummers wrote:

Everything I've read indicates Ed has pretty much zero interest in PJ at this point, let alone the new album. All these articles the rest of the band is hanging out and writing, and Ed is off somewhere else playing shows and occasionally adding lyrics to demos. This album is so far from done it's ridiculous to think we'll hear anything this summer. I'd be shocked if we hear anything in 2009. If they can't even get their singer to join them in the studio, this band is on its last legs.

Wondered how long it would take for this rumour to start.

soulsinging is always good for a laugh,...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    This is just a shot in the dark...

Perhaps Ed wasn't happy with the tapes and film from the last solo tour and has decided to bring the cameras, guitars, bat wings, yuke, and suitcases out for another road trip in hopes of releasing a DVD or live album.

Perhaps maybe...just maybe...a speical performance in a very small, intimate and acoustically sound enviroment where he can truly capture his solo acoustic magic on tape and film and release it to us fans who are dying to get some sort of official release from this tour.

Anyways...Just a thought.
  • Options
    Sian-of-the-deadSian-of-the-dead Posts: 8,963
    edited April 2009
    demetrios wrote:
    reading all these threads, and it does look like another east coast ed tour, but why not tour outside north america? like a few old theaters in europe; or outdoor theaters there? everybody wants a piece of ed & the band, just saying, with a new album in works, this is what I've been thinking about, and wondering why now.

i don't know. just my opinion on all this!
    thanks! :)

D

Thanks for your opinion D, I agree with you! If this is a EV solo East Coast (or even West Coast) tour, why? How about that new album and some European love?!

I have to say, when there's a new album on the horizon (finished or unfinished) it is a little out of the blue and confusing to announce a PJ tour, let alone a EV tour! (if that is infact what it is). When ITW came out, we all kinda guessed the dates would happen, when the East Coast tour happened, we knew that's what the announcement would be... I'm just a little befuddled...

I just wish we knew something...

ah well, only a few hours to go :mrgreen:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    You all act as those this never happens? Ed is always doing something on his own. Whether it is making a single with Jett...The Supersuckers...Doing a solo record ITW...Doing some shows with C-Average...Doing a bene....He has always done his own thing as have the others. No one said anything when Stone was doing his shows? There was no rumors that Matt was leaving when he was doing his Jazz record? Jeff working with Kings X or doing his OWN record... They could have been working on the record at that point, but Stone (as usual) was off fucking around! ;-)...NONE of us have ANY idea how hard they have been working on this record. They have spent more time together than you think.

I love the speculation that surrounds this band and the things that people come up with around here(Not a shot at you D, just an overall observation).

The band is fine....No one is going anywhere...the end is not near and wont be for a long long time. Relax people. Go read and interview with Jeff and the others and see how excited they are about this record and the direction of the band and its people. CHILLAX FOLKS, really! :-)...It's Okay!!
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    100 Pacer wrote:
    soulsinging is always good for a laugh,...

+1

his posts in here certainly made me laugh :lol:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,817
    You all act as those this never happens? Ed is always doing something on his own. Whether it is making a single with Jett...The Supersuckers...Doing a solo record ITW...Doing some shows with C-Average...Doing a bene....He has always done his own thing as have the others. No one said anything when Stone was doing his shows? There was no rumors that Matt was leaving when he was doing his Jazz record? Jeff working with Kings X or doing his OWN record... They could have been working on the record at that point, but Stone (as usual) was off fucking around! ;-)...NONE of us have ANY idea how hard they have been working on this record. They have spent more time together than you think.

I love the speculation that surrounds this band and the things that people come up with around here(Not a shot at you D, just an overall observation).

The band is fine....No one is going anywhere...the end is not near and wont be for a long long time. Relax people. Go read and interview with Jeff and the others and see how excited they are about this record and the direction of the band and its people. CHILLAX FOLKS, really! :-)...It's Okay!!
    FLIP FLIP HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good morning..........
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    Riot Act sucked. s/t was very mediocre. Binaural was good, but that's it. They haven't made a great album since Yield... the last time they all went into a studio at the same time and worked out songs together live. Now we hear that Stone and Jeff are putting their heads together for songs and having fun doing it, while Ed occasionally turns in some half baked lyrics that are mailed from his latest high profile benefit gig.[/quote]
    Whoa! Saying Riot Act sucks is fighting words. :(
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options

FLIP FLIP HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good morning..........

Good Morning my Flippant friend, how the hell are you? :-)

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    swardsward Posts: 586
    Gonzo1977 wrote:

Perhaps Ed wasn't happy with the tapes and film from the last solo tour and has decided to bring the cameras, guitars, bat wings, yuke, and suitcases out for another road trip in hopes of releasing a DVD or live album.

Perhaps maybe...just maybe...a speical performance in a very small, intimate and acoustically sound enviroment where he can truly capture his solo acoustic magic on tape and film and release it to us fans who are dying to get some sort of official release from this tour.

Dude has another mouth to feed and needs some quid to do it. Anyway..who cares the reasoning. Maybe he just wants to get out there and some of the other dudes want to take it easy for the summer. Point is...we shall never know.
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,817
    Just peachy over here.....

flipped on the coffee maker...
    flipped open the newspaper.........
    flipped on the computer..........
    gonna flip myself off to work in a few hours......................

all is flipping good here.........
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Have had the same thoughts as Soulsinging, band may be disjointed..and not working as they did in past. Just the cycle of life: money, fame, family...other interests.

Think the reason there weren't more signed box sets, with the ones that did make it being late, was getting their asses coordinated to get this done....extrapolate this to getting an album done. Stone and Jeff working on Pearl Jam music without Ed?!?

If Ed wants to solo...good for him, great show.....just hope we get a few more gems from the band Pearl Jam.....cause they made some incredible music. Another Avocado may end this ride.

Course could be wrong and they're all hole up in a cabin, holding hands and creating another masterpiece. :P
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options

They have? How'd you come by that information? At least I'm willing to openly admit I have no facts to support my wild accusations and it's just unsubstantiated opinion.
  • Options

They have? How'd you come by that information? At least I'm willing to openly admit I have no facts to support my wild accusations and it's just unsubstantiated opinion.

Turns out I know a few people is all. Nothing earth shattering, I just know that alot of what I read here is garbage. Wasnt directed at you or D either btw...;-) I learned to take you with a laugh alooong time ago..:-)

• Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    sward wrote:

Dude has another mouth to feed and needs some quid to do it. Anyway..who cares the reasoning. Maybe he just wants to get out there and some of the other dudes want to take it easy for the summer. Point is...we shall never know.

this really is my thinking...
    the man just wants to PLAY!
    and as i said earlier, it's a helluva LOT easier to throw together a small solo tour, smaller venues, smaller crew, etc....than to throw together a full-out, full band pj tour! just as with his other 2 solo legs, i see a handful of dates across a months time...and that's it. then head on home, chill a bit more for the summer....put the finishing touches on the album, if needed.....let whaqtever/whomevever else has to get the album out do their thing.....practice the new and old material and gear up for the album release and a pj tour! every member sans jeff has a couple kiddies now, and i bet they want to enjoy their families...enjoy the process of making the album....enjoy the touring and the timing of it all. obviously, they haven't *needed* the $$$ in a good long while, tho i am sure they want to shore up as we all do ;).....but it gives them a LOT more freedom and leisure to do things on THEIR schedule and preferred timeframes. pj has always worked the way they want to, and i would imagine will always continue to do so. and sure....bottomline...we'll never *know*.....so just enjoy the ride! 8-)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    If he has the itch to go out and play, let him. This way his itch doesnt get in the way, affect the quality and creativeness of the new album. Who cares. We will get the album eventually. Maybe this was a time where they were going to break for a while anyway.
    Pearl Jam Shows: 1998 - 9/11 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 9/13 Hartford, CT || 2000 - 8/24 Wantagh, NY (Jones Beach 2); 8/27 Saratoga Springs; 8/29 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 8/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2) || 2003 - 4/29 Albany, NY; 5/3 State College, PA; 7/2 Mansfield (night 1); 7/6 Camden, NJ (night 2); 7/8 New York, NY (MSG night 1) || 2004 - 9/28 Boston, MA (night 1); 9/29 Boston, MA (night 2) || 2005 - 10/3 Philadelphia, PA || 2006 - 5/12 Albany, NY; 5/13 Hartford, CT; 5/24 Boston, MA (night 1); 5/25 Boston, MA (night 2); 5/27 Camden, NJ (night 1); 5/28 Camden, NJ (night 2)|| 2008 - 6/19 Camden, NJ (night 1); 6/24 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 6/25 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 6/27 Hartford, CT; 6/28 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 6/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2); 7/1 New York, NY (Beacon Theater)|| 2009 - 9/21 Seattle, WA (night 1); 9/22 Seattle, WA (night 2); 10/27 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 1); 10/28 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 2); 10/30 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 3); 10/31 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 4)|| 2010 - 5/15 Hartford, CT; 5/17 Boston, MA; 5/20 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 5/21 New York, NY (MSG night 2)|| 2011 - 9/3 East Troy, WI (PJ20); 9/4 East Troy, WI (PJ20) || 2012 - 9/2 Philadelphia, PA, 9/30 Missoula, MT || 2013 - 7/19 Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), 10/12 Buffalo, NY, 10/15 Worcester, MA (night 1), 10/16 Worcester, MA (night 2), 10/18 Brooklyn, NY (night 1), 10/19 Brooklyn, NY (night 2), 10/25 Hartford, CT || 2014 - 10/22 Denver, CO || 2015 -  9/26 New York, NY (Global Citizen Festival) || 2016 - 5/1 New York, NY (night 1), 5/2 New York, NY (night 2), 8/5 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1), 8/7 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 2) || 2018 - 9/2 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1) || 2020 - 3/30 New York, NY
    Eddie Vedder solo: 2008 - Boston night 1 & 2 || 2009 - Albany, NY night 1 & 2 || 2011 - Hartford, CT, Boston, MA

• Options
    swardsward Posts: 586
    Just to lighten things up a bit...

If they announce an EV show in Halifax, Nova Scotia (yeah right eh? haha) ..I will disrobe, take the elevator from my ninth floor office, and run around the building..return here and re-robe (is that a word)...get dressed anyway ;-)

Now..I don't really know anyone on here personally..so you'll have to take my word for it..I'm gonna do it!
  • Options
    pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    sward wrote:

If they announce an EV show in Halifax, Nova Scotia (yeah right eh? haha) ..I will disrobe, take the elevator from my ninth floor office, and run around the building..return here and re-robe (is that a word)...get dressed anyway ;-)

Now..I don't really know anyone on here personally..so you'll have to take my word for it..I'm gonna do it!

Demetrious you'll have to confirm to us that this person does indeed follow through if and when PJ plays there! :)
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    PJ will play Halixfax again cause it's Halifax to the max
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options

Turns out I know a few people is all. Nothing earth shattering, I just know that alot of what I read here is garbage. Wasnt directed at you or D either btw...;-) I learned to take you with a laugh alooong time ago..:-)

No worries, I'm not taking it personal. Just curious is all. I still stand by what I said. Ed seems completely disinterested based on the interviews. He was phoning in lyrics, none of them are in the studio at the same time, he's off doing his own tours and showing up to rub elbows at high profile events. I just get a Robert Plant on touring with LZ vibe is all... like "I've got my own successful thing going now, why would I take time away from that to rehash a band whose glory days are gone"? (Plant's verdict on touring with the original LZ cos he's a hit with Krauss). Hopefully I'm wrong. And I'm not faulting Ed for it, it's his prerogative and as long as Stone and Jeff are happy to be writing together, I'm willing to listen no matter who sings it.

The most recent interview I read indicated they hadn't even finished songs yet. This album seems so far from done that I can't help but laugh at people thinking they'll be listening to a new single this summer.
  • Options
    ]

They have? How'd you come by that information? At least I'm willing to openly admit I have no facts to support my wild accusations and it's just unsubstantiated opinion.[/quote]

Turns out I know a few people is all. Nothing earth shattering, I just know that alot of what I read here is garbage. Wasnt directed at you or D either btw...;-) I learned to take you with a laugh alooong time ago..:-)[/quote]

No worries, I'm not taking it personal. Just curious is all. I still stand by what I said. Ed seems completely disinterested based on the interviews. He was phoning in lyrics, none of them are in the studio at the same time, etc. The most recent interview I read indicated they hadn't even finished songs yet. This album seems so far from done that I can't help but laugh at people thinking they'll be listening to a new single this summer.[/quote]

Agreed! Although I really do think they are further along than people think. And you know what, you could be 100% right on(I hope to hell you are wrong). My friends are reliable but not perfect. Glad you didnt take it personal! Hard to get your point accross here sometimes! :-)

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,968
    Gonzo1977 wrote:

that would be great! :)
  • Options
    pearljim wrote:
    sward wrote:

Demetrious you'll have to confirm to us that this person does indeed follow through if and when PJ plays there! :)

for sure! if that came true, i would jump with my tools one, carrying marble slop's from the 3rd floor if i heard pearl jam returning to halifax! :shock:
  • Options

no worries man! :)

i was iffy on posting those words of mine, to start this thread. it just got me thinking, that's all. with all these day by day rumors, and reading so many mags, website articles etc.. new pearl jam, new pearl jam .. NEW PEARL JAM! .. got my heart pupping to the er's room! i'm sorry that i caused a mess here. :(